It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran committed to ‘full annihilation of Israel,’ says top Iranian military commander

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gentlemen,

I am grateful for the comments, some of which are serious, informed, and directly on-topic. I'm learning much more than I expected.

I really wasn't looking for a blame war. Who was worse, or who committed the first sin. That can go on for pages, and has in other threads. All of that contributes to the current situation I suppose, but what matters is what do the parties believe now. (And for the gentleman asking about the quote, the Iranian news agency reported on a speech given Sunday by the Iranian Chief of Staff. That doesn't happen without government approval.)

It seems that there is general agreement that Iran is a threat now, or soon will be. One alternative suggested was that Iran is just lying, pretending to be a threat when they have absolutely nothing. Possible I suppose, but it's hard to believe. Another suggested alternative was that Iran isn't a threat because their military is in the hands of the powers that be. It's TPTB that's the threat. Well, in that case everyone can go home because we all know that TPTB control everything and can't be defeated or delayed. Sorry, that's hard for me to accept.

Solutions? Mine were pretty superficial, but I certainly don't think war is the only possibility. The situation should be changed so that Iran does not want to be a threat or is unable to be a threat. A war would be one way of attempting to remove their ability to be a threat, but certainly not a first choice.

One writer, in an admirable post, suggests that Iran is targeting their nuclear talk against two enemies, Israel and the Caliphate. He suggests that the US is strengthening the Caliphate, driving Iran to more and more desperate measures. He further suggests that if Iran is defeated by the Caliphate and the world, then organized Islam controlling the entire Middle East will result in war.

This thinking raises a counter-intuitive thought. What happens if the US reaches an agreement with Iran, reducing their fear of the rest of the Middle East? It sounds foolish to me, it would be another reversal of US policy, it would scare the pants off Israel unless very carefully done, and would raise the overall level of tension in the area. But, hey, we're supposed to think outside the box.

Thanks again for the discussion.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Why does Clinton, Obama side with the Sunni and a Caliphate? You tell me. Every step the Obama administration has taken is in favor of a Caliphate and Shari'a law. It almost sends a red flag to war against Judaism and Christianity.

Because neither one of them are christian. Oh sure they pretend to be, but actions speak louder than words. There's something else going on here underneath but you're right. If Assad's Shiite regime falls, that leaves Iran's Shiite led theocracy the last piece on the table to fall. The Muslim Brotherhood led Sunni are definately pushing for unification of Islam under the sunni and a recreation of the Caliphate/Ottoman Empire the Muslim Brotherhood has been desperately trying to recreate since 1924.

After Assad goes down in flames, Iran will likely be next on the list and when the sunni's have control of the M.E. where do you think that newly reborn Caliphate is going to turn it's gaze upon? Were aboout to see 6 Day War 2.0 but because the U.S. has been arming the terrorists and funding the Saudi's and giving them billions in aid you gotta ask yourself "why the hell is the U.S. arming islam"? If you take a look at everything we have given them over the last 30 years it's straight up double dealing. Someone is doing alot of back stabbing, double dealing and lying and Obama and Hillary (Jezebel) are definately 2 faced.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join