It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Plants Vs. Zombies Game Taught Me....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I had a good chuckle reading this thread. Don't get me wrong. I loved it.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Creative, unique, thoughtful and carefully communicated. Really nice job and I have enjoyed the read. I will continue to research, but the information has checked out thus far. I appreciate the information very much and the unconventional method is very cool... I have always suspected there has to be some information bleeding through the video, computer and other gaming mediums---not just mind control tactics. Thank you--

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Wow!

Although you may be right about the plants and nutrition It never ceases to amaze me how far a simple idea gets taken here on ATS.

Good for you..........I think?
z
Its because we have all (for the most part) been getting good at separating the ice cream from the bullsh¡T. Reminds me of that movie They Live from the 80s I think with those glasses hes got haha B-)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread! Have been increasingly into nutrition for a while now, so seeing that list of foods and what they do is a great help.

Originally posted by Gseven
(play the game only if you want to be addicted and have nothing better to do with your time...LOL!)

I got Magic The Gathering Online last week, so I'm already in easily enough trouble when it comes to that problem.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Seriously I don't know whether this is a joke or not, but its getting a lot of stars and flags!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I had Skyrim and Batman Arkham City and I discovered a new black hole for the time in my universe ;/

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Star and Flag!!!

I love this game, start over a lot since I keep beating it.

My all time fav. game, Awesome post, Thank you!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Next up on ATS: How Farmville can teach you about the values of farming and how to harass your loved ones to fertilize your crops!

Also don't forget to tune in to the Cityville thread! Not does the game only teach you on the importance of having businesses in your city, but the ...uh...yeah. TUNE IN!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

lol and Minecraft too!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by Gseven

RAW potato juice?

potatoes are IN the ground.

parasites go INTO the potato

and you eat it raw.

you cant walk barefoot, but you can eat RAW POTATO that grows underground????

i dont trust that one.

Quint: Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?
[Hooper nods]
Quint: Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.
[sings]
Quint: Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

This is all I could hear in my head when I read this, and it was in Quint's voice!

Priceless.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wow, all I can say is......

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

wow friend, very interesting indeed

Nice find!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Interesting thought, sometimes the worlds best inventions, come from distinct even laughable thoughts; IE, the airplane.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I never really got this game because Zombies eat flesh, not plants unless some hippie vegans becom Zombies?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, that puts things into perspective. So if this is the truth, then we are being attack from all corners, which sucks like nothing.
edit on 21-5-2012 by FreedomCommander because: incorrect way to view things.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Very good thread Gseven. I have been studying this kind of stuff too. Well, not really the Plants vs Zombie game, just plants and natural organic chemistry

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I swear I loved this thread simply for the video alone. roflmao! I'm gonna lay down getting ready for bed.

"There's a zombie in my....ah crap..."

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

My brother-in-law is the one who did all the artwork in this game. I have to show him this thread, he'll get a kick out of it! Ha!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by Gseven

RAW potato juice?

potatoes are IN the ground.

parasites go INTO the potato

and you eat it raw.

you cant walk barefoot, but you can eat RAW POTATO that grows underground????

i dont trust that one.

Actually, NO!! Potatoes are poisonous, if eaten raw, however the juice can taken. Potatoes are members of the nightshade family...extremely poisonous. That's why they say never to eat a green potato. And, as per another posted response I gave to someone else, many of these plants are capable of being hijacked by parasites themselves (as is pointed out by the game). But each plant kills different ones, so you'd need an all-encompassing defense on a regular basis.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy

Originally posted by Gseven
Yeah, yeah, I'm not a big gamer, but my kid came home talking about this game, Plants vs. Zombies. I rolled my eyes, "really?" My kid excitedly says, "no really, you'd like it, check it out!" I hate zombies. I hate the whole zombie movement. I think it's stupid...until I checked it out, then I suddenly became very aware of a subtle message, and I couldn't believe it. Could a video game maker actually be trying to HELP for once? I think so, and it's no coincidence.

The first thing that immediately became very clear, was the choices in plants....every single one of them is documented as effective in fighting off internal parasites. I know this because of my own knowledge and past research regarding this. I then realized that the message was basically saying, "use these plants, (eat these plants), and the zombies (parasites) won't eat your brains (or turn you into a zombie)."
Happy zombie hunting!

We do have the corporatist fascism they represented, and you are bringing that system to the fore by purchasing these games for your kid and saying, Cabbage: kills fungi, parasites and other pathogens. Eat lots of salad with raw cabbage, (a salad made with Napa Cabbage is delicious)!

Spagetti and meatballs in the crockpot santa and his reindeer use to live, sometimes I wonder if we really would have been worse off if Germany had won world war and we were all speaking german.
edit on 21-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ad

I'm not following you really. I purchased the game to investigate what my child was already playing at his friend's house - I was being a good parent. Personally, for once, I'm glad the message was one I approved of, and not something nefarious that I'd have to put my foot down with. I don't see how I was promoting fascism by suggesting a way to incorporate cabbage in your diet. I made the suggestion, simply because I was raised without cabbage on the menu. It wasn't until my 30's when I was introduced to it. I didn't know the benefits of it then, but I liked it in the few items I listed. Most people I run into don't eat cabbage, period, because they don't know how to incorporate it into the menu. That's all. I was attempting to be helpful in keeping zombies from eating your brains.
I wasn't trying to sell a game...I'm merely pointing out the message it contained, and how surprised I was at finding it in such an unlikely place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join