It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henrik Palmgren makes false claims re: global living

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After listening to Henrik Palmgren on Red Ice Radio (www.redicecreations.com...) insinuate to Jay Weidner during an interview that moving overseas will accomplish nothing because everywhere is equally bad, I sent this letter to him, and told him that I would post it here to get public attention. He is a popular alternative radio host from Sweden on conspiracy/paranormal/alternative topics and so it should be exposed when he makes a false statement about something important to us, especially since he is supposed to be a "truth seeker". (It's hard to find someone who is objective about everything isn't it?)

I think this is the interview I'm referring to:
www.youtube.com...

My letter to Henrik Palmgren, host of Red Ice Radio:

Hi Henrik,
It's Winston again. One key question for you: Why did you laugh and say "Where? Where?" when Jay Weidner talked about moving overseas? Are you seriously claiming that everywhere is the same and that no place is better or happier than another?! If so, why? If not, then why did you insinuate that when you laughed and said "Where? Where?"

I can tell you 100 percent for sure that you are wrong. Many people are HAPPIER in some cultures than others.

Let me give you a lesson in reality:

Every country has a different set of pros and cons. The US has clean air, clean water, clean land, clean national parks, high quality infrastructure, polite drivers, etc. But on the other hand, it has the highest mental illness rates in the industrialized world, highest prison population, highest rates of obesity, most expensive healthcare in the world, high cost of living, huge lack of human connection (neighbors don't usually talk to each other or invite each other over), and a loneliness epidemic where millions of males can't get any dates or female companionship!

Look it up Henrik! You diss Sweden as a bad place to live, but does Sweden have high obesity rates, the highest rates of mental illness, the highest prison population, etc. compared to the US? No it doesn't! What does that tell you? Does Sweden have a PUA movement?

Ok so Sweden has high taxes, but does anyone go bankrupt from medical bills as they do in the US? Of course not! So how can you compare?! How can you insinuate that Sweden is just as bad as the US?! What are you smoking?! Weed?

Think about it! So why then did you lie and insinuate to Jay Weidner that no one place is better than another and that all places are equally bad? That is WRONG! Don't you realize that? Think! You claim to be a truth seeker and intellectual. So how do you explain the above? Do you accept that you erred, or are you going to filter this info out with cognitive dissonance like humans usually do when confronted with data that contradicts their beliefs? lol

Look, I know that Sweden is not a paradise socially or romantically, but you are WRONG when you insinuate that everywhere is the same and equally bad. There are 200 countries in the world, and they are not all the same. They each have a different set of pros and cons. Millions of Americans are happier overseas. Many Brits and Irish are happier abroad too. Google "happier abroad" and you will see many articles.

Here's a lesson for you from my Expat Advisor who has lived long-term in 9 countries and speaks 10 languages:

"No country has it all, and most countries are heavily weighed in one direction and severely poor in another area. Countries that are materially rich are poor spiritually and socially. Countries with the best jobs opportunities cannot usually provide too many gorgeous dates. Countries with the most beautiful women have bad economies and rotten politics. It, therefore, stands to reason that in order to have it all, living in more than one country is often a necessity."
- Ladislav, Expat and Cultural Advisor of HappierAbroad.com

Bottom line: You gave Jay Weidner FALSE information that there is nowhere to move to where one can be happier. You are a truth seeker right? Then try to learn something! Don't be so ignorant. I happen to be one of the leaders of the global dating/living movement, and am authority on this subject, so I know what I'm talking about.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post this letter to you in my forum with your name in the title thread, to challenge you to discuss this publicly. You are a public figure who made a public statement in a public interview (with Jay) so it's only fitting that I make a public statement proving you wrong about something important - which I can easily prove without a doubt.

You are free to participate in the thread. I will CC this to Jay so he understands that you erred in your statement to him.

Thanks,
Winston

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For those who don't know, Henrik Palmgren hosts an alternative show called Red Ice Radio which talks about paranormal and conspiracy topics. See his website here:

www.redicecreations.com...

He is well known in the alternative research community. What I don't get is why the alternative research community is so open about conspiracies and paranormal topics, but still considers international dating and moving abroad for a better life to be taboo topics. Isn't that odd? They are supposed to be truth seekers and freethinkers. How ironic that there are taboo topics with them, esp when they are proven and true.

He bitches about taxes in Sweden. Yet no one in Sweden goes bankrupt from exorbitant medical costs for hospitalization. He just doesn't see the big picture and lumps all 200 countries into one category - all equally bad. Somehow, the concept that someone can move abroad to have a better life is beyond his comprehension and he dismisses it. Very odd for a truth seeker.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

That happens on ATS too, but on a different subject. Instead of

He just doesn't see the big picture and lumps all 200 countries into one category - all equally bad.
try this: "He just doesn't see the big picture and lumps the two political parties into one category - both equally bad."

It's easier to make those overbroad generalizations, one can eliminate the need for research, judgment making, and analysis. It's wrong of course, but it's common.

new topics

join