It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Eclipse pictures (Earth, Moon, Sun, Pleiades)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So it was an intriguing alignment, supposedly the Maya believed Quetzalcoatl will be returning on this alignment with the gods..

It may be true, maybe it's not.. However, I did get some cool pics from Colorado

Keep In mind I'm no professional photographer, and this is with a basic digital camera.

A setting eclipse, in the rocky mountains.. =)

Post yours If you have any!!

edit on 20-5-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
cool pictures.

I wasn't able to view it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I had my welding helmet ready but the clouds came together and I saw nothing other than a thunderstorm and pea size hail. That's life I suppose. Nice pictures.
edit on 20-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the compliments, makes me wish I had a DSLR

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Used a photo editing software on the last picture and I'm seeing loads of what appear to be like small spheres around the sun and no where else in the shot

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Awesome pics!!! I'm so jealous (in a good way!) I was so excited to take photos of that, I was driving all over trying to find the highest elevation, so all I got over here in KC Missouri is this right before it went below the skyline....

I could see the moon closing in on the sun but the camera captured NONE of that, however, I still think this is a pretty photo

edit on 20-5-2012 by KristinLynnxo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by knewbie

likely due to the fact that I took these photos through a welding helmet, hot molten steel + glass = little craters burnt into the glass.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics! I'm in the mid-west, so we were not able to see the eclipse...... We did have a pretty sky though, so I took a few pics of that.... Here's one I hope y'all like...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Great pics guys! they may not have an eclipse in them, but they do look cool!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What beautiful pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing

If anyone has any that they took, I'm sure many people would love to see them!!

Thanks!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
These were taken with a Sony DSC-W180 though a shade 10 UV filter. with 3 Zoom.

There's 23 other shot's taken in this album, some better some worse, but all at 3Xzoom.

Viewable with arrows above picture.

Wishing for a Real Camera some day.

Enjoy.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: fixed Link

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
We had clouds in Washington during the eclipse as well. I was able to view it when the clouds thinned out periodically. I took pictures with my digital camera when the sun broke through. I put a welder's goggle eyepiece over my digital camera and could make out the partial eclipse. The camera's zoom range was quite limited as you can see from the picture. If you squint hard enough you can make out a glowing serpent head. The green lens makes it look eerie.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm in the wrong location to have been able to view it, thanks for the awesome pics!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
For those of you who missed today's Eclipse, I recorded it for you:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing all those amazing pictures.

Here is what we saw over in Los Angeles. I had to use two sun glasses to take these pictures, that's why they look purple.

It was an amazing day.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Great Pics ConspiraCity...

Check these out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thanks for sharing that. I loved it when the commentator said, "I'm so excited! I think I can jump up and down and scream." It was awesome to see the annular moment at 5:22 in the video feed. Then right after that the clouds came in and took the show away. The commentator told everyone to blow very hard to get the clouds to move out of the way. When they didn't everyone booed the clouds.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Nice pics everyone. I lived outside the realm of this one but I am hoping to get some good ones of the venus transit. Going to build a new solar filter tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Glad you enjoyed

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Fantastic photogs! We are in GA - So I could only view through Ustream from others around the world but your pics are pretty cool. We own our own home printing biz and the only thing I keep thinking is that the photo with the hazy mist would make a grand wall film photo (like a removable mural) for a large dominant wall. More interesting though would be to learn more about what the other ATS member was speaking of regarding the spheres around the sun. Was it these photos or others that they were speaking of regarding the editing software

top topics

<<   2 >>

join