It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This disturbs me for 3 reasons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just saw this ad on another web-site and it disturbs me for 3 reasons. You might find more.

1. The photo of the government rapist putting his hand who knows where. (subliminal message)

2. You can do a tertiary qualification now in this rubbish.

3. We are being prepared for US style state tyranny. The airport scanners are being installed now and things are just getting worse.

As many Aussies here on ATS probably already know - the fastest growing goverment agency in this country at the moment is ASIO - Australian Security Intelligence Organization. The department has grown over 400% in the last 10 years (since 9/11 believe it or not).

I could go on and start to rant, but I think I'll leave it there for now. Just had to post this for your info.

Peace Out

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

That 1st picture is just a little too much......

I miss the ol' days.....

.....SIGH..........

edit on 20-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I couldn't help but think the following thought for the guy in the first pic aka. groperapist. "Mmmmm, yeah, I almost got the nuts..." Sir, could you please move to your left? "Oh yeah, there we go... ballsack times!" Ok sir, you're good to go, NEXT!
Ohw, hang on, am I next?!?!?! MOMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

It's just a logical application of US policy in foreign countries. 9/11 has allowed the US government to dictate its rules as to how domestic security should be managed and which tools should be used as well as to what is or isn't a terrorist threat. The US enforces those policies on international aviation organizations that implement them and by such force other countries to follow the US's lead in ridiculous "security" spending and violating human rights in the name of "often fabricated" terrorism.
edit on 20-5-2012 by UFCG2012AFHS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
As long as it stops my family being put at risk from extreme groups of people who aim to kill and injure innocent people, then I vote yes!

I say no to scrotum groping though. But some will like it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
As long as it stops my family being put at risk from extreme groups of people who aim to kill and injure innocent people, then I vote yes!

The group putting your family at risk is the government, it's not going to stop them since they are the antagonists.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, at least they're still giving us freedom of choice - (as well as exciting career opportunities)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Was your first paragraph sarcasm ? I hope so for your benefit.

If you are for real then I am gobsmacked. Did you register here accidentally instead of facebook ?

Do some research please on this issue and get back to me. I would be happy to debate this subject with you then.

Peace Out

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I find it interesting that they have a tv show about this insanity and it's being used to recruit new tyrants. Officer Doofy looks a little too eager but he just might make the cut.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know I am going to get flamed for this.....

flying is a choice not a right....so if that is what it takes to keep nutcases at bay so be it...dont like it then dont fly or take a boat or stay home, whatever.

I also heard a rumor that airports could opt out from having the TSA and do their own security? anyone else hear this?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Disturbing.

Here are some thought provoking quotes from a famous book.

"WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."

The terrible thing that the Party had done was to persuade you that mere impulses, mere feelings, were of no account, while at the same time robbing you of all power over the material world.

Even the Catholic Church of the Middle Ages was tolerant by modern standards. Part of the reason for this was that in the past no government had the power to keep its citizens under constant surveillance. The invention of print, however, made it easier to manipulate public opinion, and the film and the radio carried the process further. With the development of television, and the technical advance which made it possible to receive and transmit simultaneously on the same instrument, private life came to an end.

www.bookrags.com...

It's here.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All their attempts to stop the next terror attack will be in vain. The next terror attack will be carried out by carrying the weapon in the body. And it won't show on any X-ray machine either.

Guess what the mysterious ailment will be?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Government propaganda has reached a whole new level.

It would be so funny if someone rigged a mousetrap to snap down on their fingers when they were rubbing their hands on certain areas.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

If you are for real then I am gobsmacked. Did you register here accidentally instead of facebook ?

Do some research please on this issue and get back to me. I would be happy to debate this subject with you then.

Peace Out

No sarcasm here just my opinion. I travel frequently and for a little bit of discomfort it goes a step closer to peace of mind.

It also creates employment.

If you have nothing to hide you also have nothing to fear

Your the one that has all the answers.

Guess you don't get out off the mountain much eh?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

The irony in your comment is the fact that when tshf the people who bag the government out will also be the people who have their hands out asking for food and water.

whinging and complaining

Everybody has got a complaint right?

Tis a double edged sword

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

The best thing you can do for you and your family is to stop living in fear of dying and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This happens everyday on the road. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time in my car and my neck now has chronic pain. Should the guy I hit who couldn't wait to do a u-turn be labeled a terriorist? Maybe ALL people who suffer from lack of patience and common courtesy be deemed terrorists. I think they're more of a threat than someone who's decided to blow up an airplane.

Bottom line is that nobody ever has a right to touch you in certain areas. Children should ALWAYS remember this and know there are NO exceptions! If we allow this to go on, we've failed every child who will ever be flying to visit grandma for the summer or for any other reason. We have a right to travel freely about without being violated by strangers.

Tragedies happen every day. Crazies enter all sorts of places to hurt people. It sucks when you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we cannot allow ourselves to be frisked everywhere in the name of keeping people safe. I really don't want to get felt up before going to the mall, the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter.
See what it can morph into if people keep living in fear?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

More people are killed from Lightening Strikes each year , than from terrorist.

More people are killed from Dog Bites each year, than from terrorist.

So you can bend over, and smile, not me.

I'm a man.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Am I the only one who notices that the ad says "terrorism" and "counter-terrorism"? So they teach you how to do both?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Am I the only one who notices that the ad says "terrorism" and "counter-terrorism"? So they teach you how to do both?

Good pick up Koala. This makes sense though because it's basically a course designed for admission in to ASIO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tutors/Lecturers are already on the ASIO payroll.

Peace Out

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Peace Out

If you have nothing to hide you also have nothing to fear

Is it possible anyone actually believes this? I will allow two others to make the counterargument much more eloquently than I can....

One of the most haunting impressions of my Soviet childhood was stories my grandparents told about the Black Raven. As a small boy, I was terrified of this polished and poised creature of the night, usually sighted as it crouched to swoop upon an unsuspecting victim and carry him away, never to be seen again.

The Black Raven, however, was no avian figment of the human mind. Rather, this secret-police sedan — named for the Russian symbol of death — was a very real fixture of life in the Soviet Union of the 1930s.

Those who saw the Raven stop outside their building of communal flats contemplated last words to families as they waited tensely for the dreaded knock. Its reverberations from another door brought a macabre sense of relief, lasting only until the Raven’s next appearance. Such was the abject terror of living in the claws of despotism. Unsurprisingly, it wasn’t tempered by that infamous platitude: “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.”

How very different from a life in America, secured from fear by the assurances of individual liberty.

But in the 17 years since I became an American, we’ve been averting our gaze as these sacred assurances slowly waned. With enactment of the 2012 defense authorization bill, we look away again as Congress exposes Americans to the specter of prison without charge or trial and smothers that basic right of free citizens to invoke the law against their government.

Source

And

Too many wrongly characterize the debate as "security versus privacy." The real choice is liberty versus control. Tyranny, whether it arises under threat of foreign physical attack or under constant domestic authoritative scrutiny, is still tyranny. Liberty requires security without intrusion, security plus privacy. Widespread police surveillance is the very definition of a police state. And that's why we should champion privacy even when we have nothing to hide.

This is actually from a comment to this article which is well worth a glance.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Whats this i found??
Sir thats my nut sack could you please stop touching it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join