It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff Alert function added to member profiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hello all,

On the subject of alerting staff to trolls, we as members have the right to ignore the deliberate trolling and alert staff to threads or posts where a member feels another member may be intentionally trolling. The staff will then make a decision, from there the member and/or the thread/post is moderated accordingly.

Trolls however are not always completely transparent and can be very good at what they do, just short of being a shill in some cases. Most often these members are recognized and dealt with by the staff accordingly, however I believe some alleged trolls are able to get their hooks clamped further in on the boards than others.

One can visit a members profile and see all there posts and threads they've created. In most cases this tells a very revealing story of the member and more often than not, their intent becomes very apparent.

With that, I am proposing that we have a Staff Alert function added to a members profile so that staff can make a determination and if warranted take further action.

Thoughts?
edit on 5/20/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Basically a "Troll Alert" function? (among other things of course)

I think its a great idea... I think it would be useful. But that's just me.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

In so many words yes, a troll alert, whereby one alerts staff to the member as a whole and not their individual threads or posts.

Thank you for adding that clarification

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You can just use the alert function that is on every post and tell us what your thoughts are about it in the alert.

We will look into it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you GAOTU, will do.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

So what you are saying is it's redundant? Upon starting a "complaint" just fill in that we believe trolling is going on? I'm just trying to make sure I understood your post.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

That's it exactly.

new topics

top topics

join