posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No politicians classified it otherwise

Second.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Russia lost because the USA was providing sophisticated arms to them, Russia is not doing the same

How much of Afghanistan do we really control? This whole NATO meeting revolved around an opium farming country

Not to mention the numerous allies of the USA helping on this farce of a war
edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 00:56:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

The s300s are not placed in Mexico; if they were then we would have reason to worry. Placing within Poland enables boost phase intercept which is the most vulnerable part of te ICBM launch

+1 more 
posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia lost because the USA was providing sophisticated arms to them

Sigh...

Let me point out the flaw in that archaic argument. If the Russians were defeated by those guys using "Sophisticated US weapons" then how much better would the Russians perform against a much larger force using now even more modern & advanced "Sophisticated US weapons"?

How much of Afghanistan do we really control? This whole NATO meeting revolved around an opium farming country

Opium.
Now, What the hell does that have to do with a Missile shield in Eastern Europe?

See, that right there shows that when you feel some heat you have to go out of your way to throw some off topic curves...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
and again I'll point out some relevant facts to you ....

Do you know 100% for certain the Russians don't have S-300's in cuba?

and I can answer this question for you.... NO you do not....

And again I'll point out that the Russians have enough throw weight that any missile shield we may have in their neck of the woods is if anything a slight inconvenience.... I mean their country covers what is it 11 time zones? So one missile battery in Poland can stop a boost phase missile from kamchatka? Wow the US government sure knows how to build them!

Your argument is not just nonsensical it's also quite paradoxical coming from an American. Maybe you should let the Russians worry about their own issues.... OH that's right the Russians aren't worried their country spans 11 time zones they can launch missiles from a whole raft of places and not be anywhere close to Poland....

Add into this the fact that the Russians have a missile shield of their very own that makes ours PALE IN COMPARISON.

Or how about the fact that this missile shield has nothing to do with Russia and everything to do with other countries that are much more volatile?

Or how about the fact that NOT ONCE have your predictions that the RUssians were going to murder us all in our beds for some imagined slight the US has committed against them?

Or How about the fact that as usual you're long on Rhetoric short on facts?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sigh... Let me point out the flaw in that archaic argument. If the Russians were defeated by those guys using "Sophisticated US weapons" then how much better would the Russians perform against a much larger force using now even more modern & advanced "Sophisticated US weapons"?

The afghanis from history have better tactics. Better weapons matter, but so do good tactics

Opium. Now, What the hell does that have to do with a Missile shield in Eastern Europe? See, that right there shows that when you feel some heat you have to go out of your way to throw some off topic curves...

You brought up the subject of the afghan-russian war and I brought up the afghan-US war. This whole NATO meeting right now the most important topic was Afghanistan, and also not as important the poland system.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Do you know 100% for certain the Russians don't have S-300's in cuba?

This is a ridiculous statement. How about we go plant a self destruct bomb in every human being cause they could eventually become a criminal we have to capture one day.

There is no proof of s300s in cuba.

There is proof of missiles in Poland

Add into this the fact that the Russians have a missile shield of their very own that makes ours PALE IN COMPARISON.

It is local in Moscow and not placed next to the USA dude. There is a difference. I would have no problem if USA made a local missile shield like the GBM
edit on 013131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 01:03:05 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Russia lost because the USA was providing sophisticated arms to them, Russia is not doing the same

Of course someone is leaving out Saudi Arabia,Pakistan,Iran but mostly Pakistans ISI yeah the US was there but anyone pushing all the blame on the US is:

Disingenuous.
edit on 21-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Also leaving out the USA. USA is funding the current afghan army but we can leave the afghan talk for another thread

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

You brought up the subject of the afghan-russian war and I brought up the afghan-US war. This whole NATO meeting right now the most important topic was Afghanistan, and also not as important the poland system.

You started it by saying the US has only fought third world countries since WW-II I reminded you that Russia and China have also only fought third world countries.

Well, to be brutally honest I have more respect for the Chinese who actually came out and fought the West {which they took a horrible beating at the time } in Korea vs the Soviets who fought their wars via Proxy. It wasn't until they joined the fun in Afghanistan that they learned their over bloated WW-II persona wasn't all that.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You started it by saying the US has only fought third world countries since WW-II I reminded you that Russia and China have also only fought third world countries.

You prompted me to bring it up since you said that USA does not tremble in fear. I just gave a valid example.

Anyway we are diverting too much from the issue and my head hurts right now...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
LOL I left in the Cuba statement to see if you'd cherry pick the one thing you could actually argue against....

It's sad how predictable these conversations really are.

What about the fact that Russia is 11 TIME ZONES WIDE? are you saying that one Missile battery in Poland can cover launches from all 11 time zones? No that's impossible you say? Well gee there went the boost phase deterrence theory.....

What about Russia's boomer fleet? Can this single battery in Poland also hit those too? If so I seriously applaud the US government for it's technical genius.

But since this is reality not one of your deluded fantasies that is not the case.

Really your whole assertion that One missile battery in Poland will be anything but an inconvenience to a Russian missile launch is so badly flawed as to be laughable.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

LOL I left in the Cuba statement to see if you'd cherry pick the one thing you could actually argue against....

Hey I am a one man army here, I am debating like 3-4 peoples hehe

What about the fact that Russia is 11 TIME ZONES WIDE?

USA is 3 time zones wide (not including Alaska, HI), can we place some nuke boats next to florida, hey it will just cover one time zone.

are you saying that one Missile battery in Poland can cover launches from all 11 time zones?

no I did not say that but Poland is still close to moscow from when I last checked

Really your whole assertion that One missile battery in Poland will be anything but an inconvenience to a Russian missile launch is so badly flawed as to be laughable.

Russians arent laughing

link   

Originally posted by neo96

This anti-missile shield is an act of aggression

Silly me i thought the idiot who launches missiles at people is an act of aggression the act of intercepting those missiles is the act of saving your own butt,

Nationen Who have the upper hand with defensive capabilities usually tend to be aggressive politically.

The US would never have attaced Iraq if they didnt have the upper hand.

link   
I dont buy,for a second,America is trembling in Fear.

Period.

If they were,NATO wouldn't be telling the World,their shields is up and running........

I also believe,their is going to be No Russia,or Chinese War with America. Not a Nuclear,or conventional.

No fearmongering,please............

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No kidding who the hell attacks anyone if they don't?

Personally thought Bush should have went after Saudi and Iran instead.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I dont buy,for a second,America is trembling in Fear.

Of course we are. Why else would we place the missile shield in the first place? For fashion?
Or a few hundered bases over seas to keep things in check. We are afraid of the middle east that is why we have to keep our bases there. Ask our TSA how scared they are of a bomber getting through.
edit on 013131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 01:19:26 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

You prompted me to bring it up since you said that USA does not tremble in fear. I just gave a valid example.

I said and I'll quote...

"Tell me you read up on the old Soviet/WARSAW pact vs US/NATO scenarios? Because you always seem to think the West would just shake in their boots and run away. "

Anyway we are diverting too much from the issue and my head hurts right now...

Exit stage left?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sonny that's exactly my point. The Russians might complain about deterrence but at the end of the day they know this missile shield has nothing to do with them and everything to do with other countries who are much more volatile and dangerous.

In addition The Russians are our friends at this point we don't quake in fear at the thought of fighting them and they don't quake in fear at the thought of fighting us because NEITHER SIDE IS THINKING ABOUT FIGHTING THE OTHER! IT's really that simple.

And as I've demonstrated in 3 or 4 pretty solid ways this missile shield is just plain not even a speed bump in the road compared to Russia's capability to swamp it or launch from a location where it can't cover.

The professional needs to give up his constant beating of the war drum about stuff that's
A. so far beyond his pay grade it's pathetic
B. Not even a big deal to the parties involved.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

No your not unless you are a rocket scientist who is an expert in these things. The US did not make an ABM because to USAF planners it was better to have no defense at all than to have one that would create a war. That is part of the MAD doctrine.

The Patriot Missile and it's progeny are a missile defense system, by the way. The system and the newer ones that followed are much, much better than the one available in GW1.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join