It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO declares missile shield up and running

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by neo96

Regardless of what you think scientists have classified it correctly

Scientists are humans and not gods. Politicians drive policies not scientists. Someday they declare coffee is not healthy and someday they declare that it leads to a longer life. Take a pick. Imagine policies driven by the changing opinions of a scientific community. The classification was necessary at that particular point in time (back in time) during the cold war days. Since then the global militaries of many countries have transformed into a much more different and powerful beasts.
edit on 21-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add content.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Russia is not doing the same

edit on 123131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 00:56:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Korean War? Vietnam War? Where do you think the military help was coming from for the enemies of US besides China?

edit on 21-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I dont buy,for a second,America is trembling in Fear.

Of course we are. Why else would we place the missile shield in the first place? For fashion?
Or a few hundered bases over seas to keep things in check. We are afraid of the middle east that is why we have to keep our bases there. Ask our TSA how scared they are of a bomber getting through.

edit on 013131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 01:19:26 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I would say taking precaution. That doesn't mean trembling with fear. It would be stupid to not be fearful when innocent lives are at stake from a questionable government in few ME countries. I would be scared too if I were a TSA employee as my judgement, action and mistake can cause many lives by the enemies of US (not nations but individuals or factions of religious fanatics).

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by roguetechie

Beyond that so Americans are afraid of Afghani's who don't have the technology to fight us toe to toe?

That is very true dude, that is why we have to use MRAPs because of their tactics.

It all depends on why one fears. If they have a good life, sure there are all the reasons and a fear to lose a good thing.
If anyone thinks that Afghanis are not afraid to lose their lives but they are all brave then it is foolish. The Terrain in Afghan has helped them to a great extent since many ancient wars. The guerilla tactic in a afghani type terrain is something the militaries of the world are not used to so losing soldiers due to inexperience or terrain is just as stupid. Thus do not be surprised if we use MRAP's.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

LOL, that is true, but Russia would not have to fire if the USA does not fire first

edit on 023131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 02:21:55 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

That sounds more like the Russians are trembling with fear of a 'first strike'

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Oh!!! Come on!

It's pretty obvious why crippling the Nuke Missile capability of a country could lead it to attack the aggressor/defender. It's like having a long-standing agreement, in this case - MAD, and then suddenly one day turning on the other without warning. Without MAD, there is no reason - or maybe a lot less reason - for restraint.

And yes, Russia did and can attack Poland as was previously said.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Don't confuse an EMP burst w/ an air burst - one is much, much higher than the other.

No confusion there.

Only an insane, dictator / fundamentalist type nation would attack w/ an EMP burst. It will affect their own country if they're anywhere near the target.

Wrong ... dictatorship and insanity don't fit in this scenario. Don't start confusing politics here, and if you are trying to maintain the "excuse" (better we than them) kind of attitude ... then we have nothing to talk about. Leave this "insane dictator" stupdity to your own dictatorship ... dictatorship is when you "dictate" to others, and the US is doing that on pretty big scale ... and the only nations that are waging war, insanely ... are NATO nations.

if you can't "see" even that, you have no arguement to forward here ... except ignorant political blindness.

Some of the systems we've developed are able to intercept while the missile is in boost phase (low orbit) and as I mentioned, the latest and greatest technology doesn't use kinetic intercept. It uses high power "radio" transmissions to either destroy the missiles electronics or take them over (hacking the missile). Even our aircraft EWOs have had this capability for a very long time.

And the only thing you are basically doing, is developing weaons and possible "counter" measures to your own weapons.

The strike on the "launch site" is the only "viable" but not very usable alternative. That means, you have to launch an attack onto your enemies soil, and you are again ... assuming your own enemies don't have an equivalent shield do defend their missile against such attack...

Basically ... you are "assuming" ... and all your assumptions are based on one single basic mistake ... you think your enemies cannot develope something smarter than you can.

And to perfectly honest with you ... that is PRECISELY why I don't trust you. Or, to be more precise ... I trust you as far as I can throw you ... and I really want to emphasise the "throw you" part.

INSANITY is when YOU think you're the smart guy.

And DICTATORSHIP is when YOU think you can ignore all the little people ... like me. We're all useless, squabble to the master race. If we demonstrate, or voice our dicontent, we're dissidents and get a police patrols baton on our heads.

Sound familiar?

edit on 21/5/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i've been reading & reading but never posting. but now i have to. a possible senario that i've not read about anywhere even once yet. surpised nobody has mentioned it. obama backing OUT support for isreal AFTER isreal attacks iran. that would send the christian right ballistic. and the christian right is VERY armed. then later add the fake assassination attempt on obama that i DID read about somewhere earlier. it would be easily blamed on the christian right or white supremists. it would be easily believed by the masses. and then black americans would riot. all that together would be more than enough for martial law.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

You really have gone right over the edge. I can understand the embarrassment of a public forum showing your technical proclamations are complete BS but now you're just throwing everything AND the kitchen sink into the mix to try and disguise it.

I've watched post after post come up in the thread indicating the authors know absolutely nothing about the ABM technology in question including multiple attempts to claim it's some sort of offensive weapons platform because it will "shoot missiles at the launch sites".

Well, even though that's completely untrue -

1. If the site is launching a missile at your country even "if" the system struck it while still in launch phase that would still be considered "defensive" in nature.

2. Like it or not it's a defensive system. Don't shoot missiles at it and it won't have anything to do.

It kind of reminds me of certain left wing arguments against the right to carry a gun for self defense.

The only possible way this could be seen as a disruptive new technology capable of triggering a war would be the example of the first Stealth bomber. Part of the extensive effort to keep it classified to such a high level was due to concerns it might have led to the USSR launching a preemptive attack. It was thought that the ability to deliver nuclear bombs from radar and air defense invisible bombers would be seen as an imminent threat.

Well, that turned out not to be the case. As it was the Soviets knew about our stealth tech the entire time and it didn't cause them to launch WW3.

My guess would be that the modern Russia is even far less likely to respond in such a way, especially to this.

And as for your last bumblebee flight like rant -

Yes, we are concerned about Dictators, real ones like N Korea who are plainly working to develop not just missiles but nuclear missiles. Terrorist groups have been trying to smuggle chemical weapons acquired in Iraq after the fall of Saddam into the US, UK and EU and have tried numerous times to purchase advanced missiles / missile technology capable of delivering them.

No clue why you would be trying to turn this into a USA is bad, USA is evil thing but whatever floats your boat.
edit on 21-5-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Sorry but thats so far from the truth it is sad. Thats what they want the sheep to beleive. the world bankers set the loan rates, profits and incomes of each country, they own the world and can allow the printing of money at will. The ecomny is screwed because they want it that way, for when the "Economy" really crashes, resources are all that matter, and thats when the real war starts.

But thats all been planned for the ultimate goal is a One World Government, with One bank. And to make us all beleive we need it, they first need to "show" how the current world econmic strategy has failed sooo badly...
While also bringing the world population back to a more controlable number. Protest wall street? You might as well sign the petition for the NWO lol. The only way to stop this is by unprecidented violence.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The Terrain in Afghan has helped them to a great extent

Our technology has helped us to a great extent. We use what we have, they use what they have. They have less and are much more brave than US soldiers that is a fact who hide in MRAPS and use remote controlled drones.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Which part of using IEDs demonstrate Taliban bravery and heroism?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Their placing them against the most powerful military in the world to defend their homeland. Heck these afghanis don't even have the body armor that US forces do, and they manage to create these devices with what little they have, take the steps to place them on heavily guarded roads to stop incoming vehicles raping their country.

Which part of flying a drone or shooting from a tank demonstrates bravery? Do you know how much more body armor the US forces wear out of fear of these opium farmers? Do you know how many MRAPs are sent into service. The Afghan forces are much more brave than US forces will ever be; US Forces are a fine example of cowardice.

Definition of bravery:

brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor.

Example in usage. The brave Afghani freedom fighters managed the courage to fight the mightiest military in the world

Definition of cowardice:
noun
lack of courage to face danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.

Example in usage. The coward US troops managed to shoot from a tank.

Heck even John Rambo agrees LOL:

"This film is dedicated to "The gallant people of Afghanistan"
edit on 023131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 14:14:23 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Remember, that you don't need to launch from across the globe to hit a target. They can be parked off the coast, or within the border in hibernation mode and last but not least, who ever said that during a nuke exchange ( i highly doubt such thing would occur but it is there for all to use), so how about we move into the germ warfare, now thats serious stuff, odorless, colorless, noiseless.

shshshshsh is the sound when its released into the atmosphere.

P.S. Forgot to welcome those who have visited this ats thread and taken notes on replies.

edit on 21-5-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Expect Poland to be smoked by a few Topol-M's. This anti-missile shield is an act of aggression. Why you say it is aggression? Because having an anti-missile shield defends against retaliatory attack which is the whole purpose of MAD. Now that if one side has a missile shield MAD is not gonna work. I wonder what the US would say if Russia lets say planted missiles in...Oh I don't know Cuba.

Personally, I think this technology should be shared and installed across the entire planet. Then, no missile can ever be fired again. One can only dream.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As a student of international relations this news is rather exciting. "Why?" You may ask, because it is a chance to test The Prisoner's Dilemma (en.wikipedia.org...'s_dilemma) and other IR theories based on human behaviour such as aggression, and manipulation.

You may continue to ask, "but Mysterious Husky, what does an online Missile Defence System have anything to do with the prisoner's dilemma" to which I would reply the cooperation and defection options exist in the real world where parties like nations can choose to either

a) cooperate for temporary pain but long-term "benefits"*
b) defect for temporary "benefits"* but long-term pain

Having an online MDS (Missile Defence System) is an asset that may also trigger more parties to acquire them.

Picture yourself as a ten-year old child at your friend's birthday party, You just saw your friend receive that awesome new gizmo that is sure to benefit him/her. You will therefore be more inclined to try an acquire one because your friend has acquired one.

Now fast forward twenty-years later when you are an arms dealer and so is your former friend. Whatever advancements are acquired by the other party, you will be more inclined to match tit-for-tat that advancement to maintain - in your mindset, technological equality if not supremacy.
edit on 21-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

edit on 21-5-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not in his world. In his world, the U.S. is the only aggressor, and the only evil country. You knew that though, didn't you.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Our technology has helped us to a great extent. We use what we have, they use what they have. They have less and are much more brave than US soldiers that is a fact who hide in MRAPS and use remote controlled drones.

You sound pretty disappointed that more American troops aren't being killed.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

You sound pretty disappointed that we haven't conquered Afghanistan yet.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wow I feel safer already ...

Those Darn Russians always invading peoples countries and telling everyone what to do ..

Their operatives always subverting local economies for the profit of their corporations !

Oh wait ..... that's U.S.

never mind

You are feeling drowsy and you need a beer ......

Must order pizza and turn on the MSM

Ahhhhhh

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join