It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is titaniumdioxide the new geoengineering nirvana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Have y'all been looking for the wrong stuff in your testing??

The technology concept developed in the UK and first revealed in this month’s tce magazine (“Up and away“; pdf), advocates dispersing benign titanium dioxide particles as used in paint, inks and sunscreens into the stratosphere to deflect the sun’s rays.
- bits of science

Various reprints of essentially the same article are all over the place since about 10 May

so while all the worriers have been looking for (or more accurately complaining about but NOT looking for)sulphur, aluminium oxide, barium etc., have TPTB snuck a quick one past you by using something entirely different from what you expected??

Well...actually....no!

While it’s essential that we work to reduce carbon dioxide emissions now, it would be wise to have a well-researched emergency system in reserve as a Plan B,” says Davidson.
- like all these plans the idea is still just that - an idea, and, at he very least, it is likely to have a great deal of research and discussion take place before it happens - if it ever does.

And of course isTiO2 harmless....really?????? hmm...?????

edit on 20-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Usually titanium dioxide is used as a white pigment in paint to replace lead oxide.

All it would really do is reflect sun light.

so where's the danger?

link
edit on 5/20/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

msds

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Aren't all nano-particles dangerous??

Health concerns over titanium dioxide nanoparticles

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Any arasolized powered material can be hazardous if your body can't remove it. For instance asbestous. Fiberglass will do the same thing.

In the case of titanium dioxide, because of the fact that it is nano sized particles and not fibrous in nature You would have to breath alot of it for any effect.

Please excuse me ,but I don't put much stock in your article. They contridict themselves and even admit that it's probably safe.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ok, let me get this straight. The Earth is heating up and we are getting "climate change." Some fool in government blames it on CO2 so they can put in a carbon tax and will supposedly decrease carbon dioxide emissions because they claim people and technology are the cause. They don't mention that we are entering the spiral arm of the galaxy where there is a greater density of molecules (galactic cloud/nebula effect) and thereby higher thermal conductivity between the sun and the earth. Oh nooose, we can't have any facts cloud the governments BS story.

So they seed the atmosphere with some allegedly neutral nanoparticles (that will probably create some form of silicosis or call it nanocosis because nanoquartz is also neutral LOL) to reflect sunlight to cool the planet while increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere BY USING ALL THOSE PLANES DOING THE SEEDING!

Wow, just wow! How stupid is this? This does not make sense!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I hadn't heard of the galactic cloud-nebula thing - that would probably be worth a thread of its own I reckon!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I hadn't heard of the galactic cloud-nebula thing - that would probably be worth a thread of its own I reckon!!

It's all over the internet, you just have to look. Apparently the solar system weaves up an down in a sinusoidal pattern above and below the cross-sectional centerline of the Milky Way galaxy. The theory is that our solar system and many systems in or "local space" originally came from a small nebula or micro galaxy absorbed by the Milky Way. Every x number of years, I think it's 26,000 approximately, we pass through an area that is like a nebula, transit lasts anywhere from 500 to about 1000 years allegedly and when we do this, the transference of heat from the sun to planets increases. This is how they explained melting polar caps on other planets and storms on Jupiter and Saturn, the increase in heat transfer (thermal conductivity) was changing weather patterns on our local system of planets as well as our own planet.

Obviously they had to come up with a rational reason, I mean seriously, they government and their @ssclown handlers in the IMF/BIS/whatever want us to believe that cow farts and SUV's melted Martian ice caps and changed Jupiter and Saturn's storm dynamic. I don't think so LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ever looked at the ingredients of your average box of "Lemon Drops" candy? Here are the ingredients in your average container lemon drops:

Ingredients Corn Syrup , Sugar , Lemon Juice from Concentrate , Natural Lemon Oil , Citric Acid , Malic Acid , Titanium Dioxide Color , Maltodextrin , Corn Syrup Solids , Modified Food Starch , Artificial Color (Yellow 5) , DL-Alpha-Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Here's the link to the web page showing the ingredients. To get there, click the green colored ingredients tab near the middle of the page:

Walgreens "Titanium Dioxide" lemon drops

I don't think we have to worry too much about it being sprayed on us, when it is commonly being used for an ingredient in food for "color". If it is something to worry about, then don't eat any of those lemon drops for sure! I quit eating them quite a while back when I discovered this ingredient after reading the label.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
I don't think we have to worry too much about it being sprayed on us, when it is commonly being used for an ingredient in food for "color".

I'm sure that just goes to show how cunning TPTB are - inuring you over many years to the thought if consuming it!!

new topics

top topics

join