It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands march through Chicago to NATO summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The march in Chicago climaxed with veterans throwing their medals back in a defiant move against NATO.

www.foxnews.com...

Well, this story only references the veterans once,

Peace activists joined with war veterans and people more focused on the economy Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now, why would they not want to report on it?
Anti-war demonstrations like that have no power if no one hears about it.
I've watched the streams all day, so I'm very interested in seeing the official story.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
The march in Chicago climaxed with veterans throwing their medals back in a defiant move against NATO.

www.foxnews.com...

Well, this story only references the veterans once,

Peace activists joined with war veterans and people more focused on the economy Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Now, why would they not want to report on it?
Anti-war demonstrations like that have no power if no one hears about it.
I've watched the streams all day, so I'm very interested in seeing the official story.

How many veterans? Where's the link to this story?

Anyways....

"Basically NATO is used to keep the poor poor and the rich rich," said John Schraufnagel, who traveled from Minneapolis to Chicago for the march.
Read more: www.foxnews.com...

It's hilarious that they use this guy as someone to quote. I wouldn't go as far to say that his comment is 100% inaccurate, as to some of the members and/or decisions... but does not describe the initiative of NATO. I guess in a conspiracy landscape, for everyone questions the motives of another it seems... it's hard for someone to wrap their minds around.... well maybe they do the best they can with respect to all of the contributing factors.

They love the taste of blood Now I don't know what that means, but I know that I mean it
Maybe they're as evil as they seem Or maybe I only look out the window when it's scenic

Atmosphere - 'Trying to Find A Balance'
www.azlyrics.com...

Guilty of droppin' these bombs in the city
But I'm innocent, love is the motive that's why I'm killing 'em
Guilty of settin' my fire in all fifty
But I'm innocent, blame it on my equilibrium

edit on 20-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I didn't count but it was at or around 24, maybe less.
They each gave a little speech about why they are throwing them back.

Jessie Jackson was at the front of the vet march. Don't know why. Guess he thinks marching is cool or something....
Anyway, they did the thing when they stopped like 1-2 blocks from the NATO conference building/plaza area.

CNN first started covering it live when some(likely planted) thugs pushed against the police. Gave the police a reason to push the protest away and order them to disperse.

Edit: and if you're one of those people. www.stltoday.com... .html

Link to story.

Also, vermine supreme was/is there. Pretty funny with a loud speaker. "You are surrounded. Come out with your hands up and your pants down"
edit on 5/20/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Jessie Jackson was at the front of the vet march. Don't know why. Guess he thinks marching is cool or something....
Anyway, they did the thing when they stopped like 1-2 blocks from the NATO conference building/plaza area.

CNN first started covering it live when some(likely planted) thugs pushed against the police. Gave the police a reason to push the protest away and order them to disperse.

Link to story.

Also, vermine supreme was/is there. Pretty funny with a loud speaker. "You are surrounded. Come out with your hands up and your pants down"

dead link...

I'm not doubting that veterans had thrown their medals in demonstration, I would like more information about it. I didn't say.. 'link or it didn't happen', just want to know more...

And by the way.... Marching is cool

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan rallied near the site of the NATO summit in Chicago. The veterans threw their medals toward the summit on Sunday afternoon. Dozens of medals sat on the road. Veterans took the microphone one-by-one at a rally after a more than 2-mile march to the summit site from a downtown Chicago park. One veteran was 30-year-old Erica Slone of Cambridge, Ohio. Slone says her service taught her integrity and if she wants to live with integrity she has to get rid of her ribbon. Other demonstrators have said they are upset with the war in Afghanistan, climate change, the erosion of union rights _ and dozens of other issues. Some protesters are calling for the dissolution of NATO, the 63-year-old military alliance. Read more: www.stltoday.com... .html#ixzz1vSt2lZG1

Link doesn't seem to copy/paste correctly. Just don't be lazy and search the website or google for "Nato veterans throw medals"

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh... me again, lol.

I thought I'd toss in there as well, just so people don't think that a news story like this would never surface in mainstream media, and that some person who doesn't even do a simple google search doesn't lead them into believing otherwise...

Iraq, Afghan War Vets Toss Away Their Medals

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

Dozens of Afghanistan and Iraq war veterans who say NATO's military policies are a failure took their combat medals and threw them away in a symbolic event following a rally and march.

but yeah... thanks anways.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
hahaha... I like you

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not all that great at making threads. So, sorry about that.

I think the only reason I keep watching is that today of all days some crazy stuff would go down. With the eclipse, and it being 5/20, and it's the NATO summit, and our government is controlled by an evil, satanic pedophile organization with a fetish for numbers and leaving clues.

Worth it. Plus it'll be interesting to discern the propaganda.

Edit: I also thought it would be reported, but found it interesting that the biggest news outlet did not.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

, and our government is controlled by an evil, satanic pedophile organization with a fetish for numbers and leaving clues.

THANK YOU!!!!
It sounds crazy as hell but then.....so are the people who are doing this.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here's another link for you MeesterB Veterans March

I only wish the video of the veterans were longer. It's a shame some of the protesters had to ruin it for them. It was symbolic for the veterans and gave them peace for what they had to do over there. For them, this was a healing process, and this process was interrupted by morons. It's a shame really.

Link to story.

top topics

join