It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have osteoarthritis and I am in great pain, I am seeking advice.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
On june 6th I will be having a total right hip replacement after 10 yrs in pain. I'm 49 and I know the pain you are going through. I have tried all the remedies, apple cider vinegar, cod liver oil, even a smoke on a naughty ciggie (which did kill the pain but isn't the way to go) and nothing worked except I have a heated mat that I used on really bad days which does give some relief.
The hospital has advised me to drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day and I find it is helping a bit. Obviously we don't drink enough fluids so our brain takes fluid from the joints to compensate. The pain does become exhausting. Try the water, it will flush out toxins that collect around the body and joints. I just fill up a big jug and keep it by the kettle to remind me to drink it. Good luck in your quest and I really do sympathise.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I really have no advice other than to say I sympathize. I have osteoarthritis in my toes, and am having surgery on my big toe next month to remove a bone spur and clean up the joints.

It is extremely painful, more so than the fractures in my spine, I have osteoporosis also. Trying to walk has caused my whole right leg muscles to become stiff and painful also.

I'm on the same pain medication plan as you were, I refused pain pills because of the addiction. Have you tried a topical lotion? I haven't tried myself yet, but a doctor told me they work very well.

See U2U

edit on 5/22/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join