It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have osteoarthritis and I am in great pain, I am seeking advice.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

I have done a lot of research and I have found a paleo diet the most recommended for relief from osteoarthritis.

I can say a good diet of vegetables, fruits, water and high quality meat will lessen the bouts of pain I have but nothing relieves it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

When I as in the pain clinic they testes a lot of experimental drugs on me, tramadol was one of them.

I have a lot of side effects from the different non narcotic pain killers they gave me.

After taking one (I don't remember the name) after three days I started transposing letters in words and words in sentences. I could hardly function at work because I was having such a hard time making coherent sentences.

I went through all the non narcotic ones so they were going to give me an opiate pain killer and then they showed me the bill. No way I could afford it.

I was a little relieved because I was worried about the addiction and the damage to my body. Today I would not care and I would take them with little concern.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

I love me some potatoes and I have read this same advice before. For some reason they have a negative affect on the immune system.

Damn my Irish heritage!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Oh yes it does! Too bad I live in Texas and not California or Colorado, or Montana, or on and on.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imalitehaus

Thank you for the advice I will look into skullcap first thing in the morning!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Why Pharmaceutical Drugs Do Not Work

The strange thing is that pharmaceutical companies are backed by so-called scientific evidence. In conventional medicine, FDA-approved drugs are sold to patients with these so-called scientific claims. And yet even FDA-approved prescription drugs somehow kill around 100,000 patients in the United States each year. That is a statistic that comes out of conventional medicine published in The Journal of the American Medical Association. (Many in the alternative community believe those numbers are low estimates, by the way.) So how scientific can drug safety be if these approved drugs are killing more Americans than wars, terrorists, car accidents, murders and industrial accidents combined?

Let's face it: The current pushing of drugs onto the population isn't scientific; it's just great marketing combined with political arm-twisting by Big Pharma. When it comes to health, the real science is hidden in nature. And yet, ironically, defenders of conventional medicine say that natural health is unscientific.

Organized medicine won't make any money if you choose methods other than drugs to treat your disease or enhance your health. Every patient that gets healthy is another lost customer to organized medicine.
Speaking of experiments, we have a grand experiment going on right now across the population. It is an experiment to see how long the American public will put up with Big Pharma lies, propaganda and scientific fraud while popping prescription drugs. This experiment is being conducted under the umbrella of so-called science, but it isn't scientific at all. Nearly everything that conventional medicine is telling you is fiction. They will create research and clinical trials designed to diminish side effects and maximize certain biochemical functions of their drugs, and if some results turn out to be negative, they will bury those results. The evidence they do show you has been distorted.

This is what passes for "science" in the world of Big Pharma. But the Emperor has no clothes. Under the mask of science, there's nothing but fraud and profiteering at the core.

Another simple observation about conventional medicine concerns the level of health of those who prescribe drugs: The doctors. How healthy are doctors and conventional health care workers?

I hardly need to tell you that old school doctors and health care workers are some of the least healthy people in our society. Sadly, many old-school MDs believe their own advice about drugs, and as a result, they suffer the effects of conventional medicine. Obesity is rampant among traditional doctors and health care workers, and depression and mental health disorders affect many. They also tend to die at young ages from heart attacks and other easily preventable health problems.

So why do we turn to these people for answers to our own health? It makes no sense. If we wish to be healthy, we must model individuals who are themselves healthy. A medical school certificate has no credibility when the person holding it is clearly diseased. Health is not an intellectual exercise, it is a life experience. If you can't be healthy yourself, you have no right talking to others about their health. (But doctors are "licensed" by state health regulators who don't even take into account the health of health care providers.) Source

edit on 20-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Check out Olive Leaf Extract, the active ingredient is from the olive leaf and try to find the highest content of Oleuropein, go on google and do a little research on OLE and Arthritis, most companies will ship world wide i recommend a company Naturamedics in Australia

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Tramadol freed me up pretty well...i have a busted back in more than one place as well as osteo and the other arthritis......the pain is manageable and the stigma of being a morphine patient for +ten years is almost gone now......Tramadol is a molecule which is roughy the same shape as morphine or your own natural pain killers...it fitss into the same receptors and does the work of the endorphins.
One caveat....chronic conditions mean that most treatments for pain are like an addiction you carry around with you, even if they are non habit forming...the pain wont let you forget to take am for very long......just about anything you find that works will be a monkey on your back till you fix the root causes of your malady......
I hope you find the cure...the analgesic is a poor substitute......

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Some people do have bad reactions to Tramadol (risk of siezures as well)...I don't know where you live, but at WalMart, you can get a 30 day supply of medicine for $4 if you get generic (not all, but many). Is there any way you could see a different doctor? It's really a shame because so many people abuse pain medicine, and it makes it almost impossible for those who need narcotics to get them.....and you have to suffer. Tell your doctor that you are not able to stand it anymore, and that it is affecting your quality of life.Maybe he could put you on a mild one, like Tylenol #3.....I really feel for you....no one should have to suffer like that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Check out my latest edit, it would explain why. It's not a quick fix, I'll give you that, but you will get long term results, which is definitely worth the 2-3 months it takes to get the healing kicked into high gear. Your body is your choice, I only wish to show you an opportunity, and show you why it works, not just what you need.

There are easy fixes but they generally don't work long term, or require daily medicines and the cost over time can become staggering. Again, good luck to you

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I guess you didn't like my first post. Read up then on emf inversion therapy but also, find out what you are allergic to, since autoimmune diseases sometimes require a "trigger." Check peanut butter, wheat products, anything you can think of. I have allergies to some of the above plus Oil of Annice and these things do trigger an allergic response that results in a recurrence of AS or UVeitis. You might also want to get yourself genetically typed so you can isolate the source of your problems. HLA B27 subgroups 4 and 5 can contain genetic mutations that give a person a predisposition to autoimmune disease. I am HLA 4B27 and my brother is 5B27 and we have similar autoimmune problems. If that doesn't work, try methotrexate as I mentioned before.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Quite a few videos on YouTube (have NOT watched them):

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

"I actually eat very well, in fact I cook almost all of my own food."

Therein lies the KEY to your wellness, cooking food kills the nutrients which your body is being starved and deprived of.

I just did a search that turned up something interesting:

I have been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthrosis for about 20 years. Finally, I managed to cure myself through a low acid-diet. The rheumatic patient is at the origin of his own condition and he alone is able to remove its cause by a drastic change in his diet. For most rheumatic conditions are due to a kind of food poisoning by acids. It sounds rather revolutionary, in that way, that all the food that normally is advised as healthy is a real poison for rheumatic patients. LINK

edit on 20-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I know what it is to be in bad chronic pain. You have my compassion.

I had excruciating pain in my shoulder joints for months. I was desperate. In the course of my research I stumbled upon information about the electromagnetic energy that surrounds and infuses our bodies. In a nutshell if the electromagnetic energy field in and around your body has blockages in the flow it manifests in the physical body as pain.

Further research led me to information suggesting that therapy to restore the body's energy into balance with the frequency of the Earth's electromagnetic field results in the removal of these blockages. People are using quartz rocks and other types of therapies to do this. I will tell you what I do to cure my own body pain. I hope you will keep an open mind.

Before falling asleep I say these words in my head. You can substitute the name of your higher source power.

Great Spirit, I ask that you balance the electromagnetic energy that surrounds and goes though my body with that of the Earth which sustains me at 7.83 Hertz.

I ask that you remove all blockages from the electromagnetic energy flowing through and around my body. I ask that all stagnant energy, trapped energy, knotted energy, negative energy be released to flow out of me into the universe where it can be recycled back into positive energy.

Specific area of concern is my hands. I have pain in my hands. I ask that all blockages in the electromagnetic energy in and around my hands be released.

I ask this by the power vested in me as an autonomous human being of light, with clear intent.

I thank you in advance for the healing.

I also recommend you start drinking only North Pole Magnetized Water. It will reduce inflammation in you joints.
Get a 2-3 inch ring magnet. You need to find out which side of the magnet is the North Pole. Tie a string to it and hang it in the air. It will turn until one side is facing the physical south pole of the Earth. Because opposite poles attract this will be the North Pole of the Magnet. Conversely the side of the magnet that swings to face the physical north pole of Earth is the South Pole of the Magnet. Label the North pole of the magnet. Boil and cool a pitcher of water (plastic or glass not metallic) and place the pitcher on the North Pole side of the magnet for at least 12 hours. You will see the surface tension of the water has increased (it will be thicker in consistency) This is because magnetizing the water changes the structure of the H20 molecules slightly allowing for greater absorption into the cells of your body. You are basically returning the water back closer to the state it was in when it first came out of the mountain spring it originated from before being processed and treated to the point of losing all magnetivity. Reportedly magnetizing water also removes 95% of the fluoride in it.

Good luck.

Caroline

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I am all about long term fixes.

I am have been meditating my whole life, studied martial arts, so I have no problem with a therapy that would take months to show effect.

Unfortunately I need pain relief now. I can't stomach any more alcohol tonight so I am sitting here with ziploc bags filled with ice water to numb my hands. It works great as long as I don't take the ice water out of my hands.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

It is not that I didn't like your post, I actually over looked it. I am a little drunk right now so I just overlooked it.

I will follow up on your recomendation, hearing that it worked for someone else first hand is just what I am looking for.

Thank you for your posts.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Interesting information and way over my head technically. I don't currently have insurance but as soon as I do I will follow up on your testing recommendations.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This may be a good place to start reading:

Osteoarthritis & Psoriatic Arthritis Support Forum

edit on 20-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: Fixed link

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am in the same boat my friend. Last week I was diagnosed with degenerative osteoarthritis in both knees and other joints. All I can say is that the onset was fast. All I know is it comes from years of wearing out the joints but the pain started in November and has progressed to the point that sometimes I can hardly walk and I'm only 43.
I've been doing some research and have found some things that I am going to try. You may want to look into them for yourself.
SAM-e, Krill oil, Nopal cactus, berries especially blueberries, tart cherries or concentrated juice (I tried this one but not for long enough I'm told) and Cosamine DS just to name a few.
Right now I am on A Cosamine DS regiment and it helps after about 5 weeks. Next I am going on SAM-e (comming in the mail). After that, Krill and Nopal.....heck it may take a combo but I'll try anything to get rid of this pain.
Good luck friend and I'll keep you posted if I hit the magic one and I'd apprecaite it if you would do the same (strength in numbers unfortunately).

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I had arthritis pain for more than 15 years due to connective tissue disorder- hip, knee etc. I read the site below and increased my potassium intake by drinking low sodium V8, blended fruits, eating more beans and grain- to get my daily potassium intake above 4000mg/day. Three days after beginning this I woke up to my first pain free day ever- even the plantar fascitis I had since a kid was gone. I now make sure to eat mostly unprocessed foods- potassium is often removed, avoid too much meat and dairy, and drink 1 low sodium V8/ day. If a label on a juice does not state potassium amount over 400mg/serving I don't drink it.

May not work for you, but I know what you're going thru and wish you luck.

This site has a google warning but it is a good site.
www.ithyroid.com...

Best
sjorges
edit on 20-5-2012 by sjorges2002 because: add the target potassium intake that worked for me- 4000mg/day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join