It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have osteoarthritis and I am in great pain, I am seeking advice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am 44 years old and I am dealing with osteoarthritis in my hands (all over my body but my hands are the worst) for about the last 10 years. My doctors told me my condition is not usually seen in patients under 80 years old.
I have seen doctors and they all say there is nothing I can do. My doctor refused to prescribe me pain killers because he said I was too young and he was worried about long term treatment and addiction to opiate pain killers. I can understand this but over the counter medication does nothing for the pain.

My doctor recommended a pain clinic if I wanted too seek medication but my insurance considered it "Elective" and would not cover the cost. I went for one month and it cost me over $400, I could not afford this.

Since I could not get affordable medication I smoked weed to help with the pain.
I am now unemployed and I am not smoking marijuana anymore because I have to take drug test to apply for many jobs.

The pain in my hands is getting beyond what I can deal with. I take OTC arthritis medicine but it is very ineffective and I have to take far more then the recommended allowance and this makes me worry about my health even more. I know these medications can have serious affects on your liver after long use.

What can I do? I am in pain that some days brings me to tears.

I can't get meds, I can't smoke weed. Right now I am drinking just so I can calm down and ease the frustration I am feeling.

Any ideas or best practices any of you have for dealing with pain would be priceless.

Thank you in advance.
edit on 20-5-2012 by sdocpublishing because: spelling and grammer

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If I may offer herbal remedies not associated with that which we can not speak about however hemp oil would help a bit as well.

Look threw here and see if you can make any of it,

www.anniesremedy.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you were a client of my old massage practice I would say weekly massage, and see if it helps. I would doubt, however, that it would "significantly" improve the pain situation, but if you haven't looked into it may be worth a shot... For what it's worth.
Until then, drinking really isn't a good idea, but it's not really my place to tell you what's right and what's wrong. I hope you can find something that works for you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Honestly, I can't give you advice for the pain, but can give you advice on the actual arthritis.

No gmo's, first and foremost. They generally kick the immune system into overdrive while confusing signals between your white cells and everything else. Meaning they don't recognize healthy cells and attack them

Probiotics coupled with the best vitamins and nutrients you can get.

It's a food borne illness. A nutritional deficiency, and with the rise in mass production of crops, the nutrient content within those crops has begun to diminish. Plants need 3 vitamins/minerals to grow, but we need 60+ to remain healthy. This is why so many illnesses are popping up in younger generations that used to exist only in the geriatrics

I guarantee you if you start getting the healthy nutrients your body has been missing, you will see a change for the better. I'm no doctor but went through the same thing when I was 35, and fixed it doing the things I wrote above. Your body is being starved per se, and I believe you are starting to see the symptoms.

The best of luck, but remember, you don't need to treat the symptoms (pain, stiffness, rigidity) if you treat the cause
Give your body what it needs and it can begin repairing itself rather than attacking itself as it is now

You won't get that advice from a doctor
edit on 20-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Soaking in a tub of hot water can ease the pain for a few hours. I'm so sorry you have this. Feel better. Oh, find another doctor who will help you find something for the pain. If I were in that much pain, I'd fire him.
Good luck.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Answer .......Nettles.

Sting the joints affected with nettles weekly, they will irritate you for an hour or so but it wont last long, Also cook the nettles and eat them, they wont sting you when cooked and taste a bit like spinach.They are also very nutritious and are rich in iron.they can also be dried to make tea.

Nettles have been used to treat arthritus for thousands of years and have been proven to be more effective than any medication on the market.

www.umm.edu...
edit on 20-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The most important thing to consider: NEVER trust a Doctor, NEVER EVER (unless he has awakened to the lies of the medical inquisition). You do NOT WANT the meds, they will only make things worse. What you MUST do if you WANT to get well is radically change your diet and the change will be drastic and you WILL be amazed at the results. Just ONE example:

“Ty, isn't chemotherapy a proven scientific treatment?”

The answer is YES, it is! It has been scientifically proven to fatally poison several hundred thousand people each and every year. Did you know that the overall success rate for most cancers treated with the chemotherapy is a paltry 3%? In other words . . .

“Chemo has a 97% fatality rate”...

But in 1986, McGill Cancer Center in Montreal, one of the largest and most esteemed cancer treatment centers in the world, surveyed 64 oncologists to see how they would personally respond to a diagnosis of cancer. The results will blow your mind. Are you sitting down? Of the 64 oncologists surveyed, 58 said that...

“ALL chemotherapy programs were unacceptable to them and their family members due to the fact that the drugs don’t work and are toxic!”

That means that 91% of the oncologists surveyed would not submit themselves to the same protocols that they prescribe to their patients! Is it just me, or does this seem hypocritical to you? I believe that this is not only hypocritical, but it borders on being criminal! They know that chemo will kill more patients than it will help, but they continue to tell their patients that it is their "best treatment option." What a damnable lie! LINK

Quote from one of the greatest Doctors to ever live (Dr. Robert Mendelsohn):

"The medical industry is no longer to be trusted. We have a Medical Inquisition. The Rockefellers took it over way back and warped a lot of it. Our doctors are brainwashed. The Rockefellers are dedicated to population reduction and are using the medical industry to do it."

"In the Church of Modern Medicine, no one is excluded from the sacrifice. There's plenty to be afraid of. The God that resides in the Temple of Modern Medicine is Death. The doctors are priests, the birth certificate is the baptismal certificate, toxic silver nitrate applied to the eyes at birth is baptism, the nurses are inquisitors, etc. Research is the prayer of the religion of Modern Medicine."

“I do not believe in Modern Medicine. I am a medical heretic. I believe that Modern Medicine’s treatments for disease . . . are more dangerous than the diseases they are designed to treat. I believe that more than ninety percent of Modern Medicine could disappear from the face of the earth – doctors, hospitals, drugs, and equipment – and the effect on our health would be immediate and beneficial . .

"Confessions of a Medical Heretic" Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, (pp. ix-xi-xv) Source
Medicine has become a religion (WATCH this video!)

Will post more info soon...

edit on 20-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ask your doctor if you can try either Tramadol (Ultram) or Nuerontin (Gabapentin. My Mother takes these for the same condition and it worked wonders for her. Seriously, ask him....they are non narcotic, but very effective (though they are rx). They can both cause some drowsiness when you first start, but it goes away with time as your body adjusts. Good luck hon!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsatan
Honestly, I can't give you advice for the pain, but can give you advice on the actual arthritis.

No gmo's, first and foremost. They generally kick the immune system into overdrive while confusing signals between your white cells and everything else. Meaning they don't recognize healthy cells and attack them

Probiotics coupled with the best vitamins and nutrients you can get.

It's a food borne illness. A nutritional deficiency, and with the rise in mass production of crops, the nutrient content within those crops has begun to diminish. Plants need 3 vitamins/minerals to grow, but we need 60+ to remain healthy. This is why so many illnesses are popping up in younger generations that used to exist only in the geriatrics

I guarantee you if you start getting the healthy nutrients your body has been missing, you will see a change for the better. I'm no doctor but went through the same thing when I was 35, and fixed it doing the things I wrote above. Your body is being starved per se, and I believe you are starting to see the symptoms.

The best of luck, but remember, you don't need to treat the symptoms (pain, stiffness, rigidity) if you treat the cause
Give your body what it needs and it can begin repairing itself rather than attacking itself as it is now

You won't get that advice from a doctor

And if I may add to your prescription, cut out eating ANYTHING WHITE. ....sugar, potatoes, ect.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Cannabis at least makes life seem better in times of chronic pain.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

So......if one can't quite bring themselves to eat a proper, nutritionally corrective diet, would vitamins and supplements be helpful?

I know people who take Hyaluronic Acid, and gluecosomine (sp).. with some success.
edit on 5/20/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

It's very unfair of your doctor to use the old "addiction" excuse on you. Dependence does not mean "addiction". With said said, however, you might try this:

There's an herb called skullcap and it's supposed to be great in easing the pain of osteoarthritis. It is said to be a natural anti-inflammatory, but also very easy on the stomach. (You can't say that for ibuprofen). There are online stores that sell skullcap and some health food stores may have it.

Bless you, I know what you're going through. I hope this helps.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

I actually eat very well, in fact I cook almost all of my own food.

The last 3 times I have been out to a restaurant to eat I have gotten violently ill. I don't think it was food poisoning, I think I had a bad reaction to manufactured foods.

I definitely see a difference with my diet, but even with a good diet I have pain, but I do see management from my diet.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

My aunt has very bad arthritis, she takes methotrexate and it works very well for her. It may not work for everyone. Sorry to hear you are going through this. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis so I can understand where you are coming from. I have fixed my problems, I am no longer in pain, quite mobile, take no drugs and I don't go blind from the additional autoimmune feature of UVeitis, anymore and I am in my mid 50's and had AS and UVeitis since I was in my 20's. I've been on almost every NSAID (daypro, celebrex, indocid, etc.) you can think of, none of them worked very well, if at all. My attacks lasted anywhere from a month to 3 months at a time. During my last bout of AS I was literally crippled, that was in the 90's, I've been clear since. BTW, I don't use methotrexate.

Cheers - Dave

link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Massage works great to help me feel better but in my hands it is just painful.

Yes, drinking is not good for me but I just need pain relief. Thanks for the reply.

link   

You should give a try to Magnesium Chloride.

Magnesium chloride is sold for about 1 dollar/20 grams. Mix 20 g. in 1 liter water, and drink a small glass a day.

You may also use "magnesium milk", which is a saturated solution of Mg Chloride in water : very thick, almost oily. Apply locally for optimizing the Mg supply to your system where it's most needed.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Very interesting link with a lot of information, thank you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Be careful posting about weed....your thread will be closed down by the mods, even though it CAN be an rx.
edit on 5/20/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Absolutely, it's the easiest way to get the supplements you need now that we don't burn the fields after harvest, put bonemeal in the bread, etc.

Seems to be the only way nowadays.

I can understand that, but it does go further than just refusing to eat fatty, processed food, though that is huge. The problem is that even if you cook all your food, where do the crops come from? Are they the product of overworked soil? Is the meat given hormones and steroids to make up for its decreased nutritional intake? You also have to remember that you have to get all of the nutrients you need or the ones you do take in wont respond right.

A presence or absence of one vitamin may affect another, through metabolism, absorption, excretion, you can't just get a lot of calcium and have it give you strong bones, you need the iodine, vitamin k, and b, etc. the healthiest thing you can do is get all of the vitamins you need all at once and in the right amount, that's why supplements are so important. Probiotics help this along by increasing the absorption of all vitamins.

Unless this is all a problem of genetics (which is very rare by the way) your tissue degeneration is just a symptom of this nutritional deficiency, the vitamins you DO eat not reacting how they should, an absence of the ones you need to repair the damaged degenerating ligaments or tendons, whichever your case may be. This causes a snowball effect as you struggle to repair the damage but can't access the nutrients that the healing process requires, or your body picks up the nutrients it needs but they don't react correctly once they are used

This is like the thyroid absorbing fluoride because it thinks it is iodine, or radioactive iodine being absorbed because the thyroid cannot tell the difference, they look the same to your body, and it is just trying to do its job to the best of its ability.

At least give it a try, they won't be more expensive than pain meds, I can assure you that, and worst case scenario the rest of you gets healthier anyway, even if you can't shake the arthritis, which I am convinced it will. I've been free of arthritis for 15 years and the doctors told me if it kept degenerating (knees) I would be in a wheelchair in 5

I'm walking (hehe get it?) proof it really does work

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes, Doctors and bought and sold which I was so surprised he would not prescribe me pain killers.

My mother spent most of her life addicted to pain killers and that alone makes me weary of taking them.

I would rather have the personal responsibility of managing my own intake of medication than have a doctor just tell me no.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join