It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Proves Black People and Women Have Same Brainpower As White Men - Racists Proved Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardKill

If you could not trust science then why do you NOW?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Lol sorry OP but your post did make me laugh!

Your excitement & enthusiasm are adorable, if not a bit belated!
Don't they keep up with current events in Brazil, or maybe you are a victim of a 'timeslip'?
What year is IT there???

*Just out of curiosity, are you a black or a woman, both? (Just trying to understand your excitement!!!)

edit on 20-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry, but it appears that you didn't link to the actual study... only an authored piece (Written by By Tony Fitzpatrick) DESCRIBING the study...

I don't suppose that you have a link TO the actual study, do you?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I say this study is bunk...Women are smarter than all their male counterparts

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yeah I'm not exactly shocked here... What's next? Not all blondes are dumb? People with glasses can be stupid? People that aren't me can be right? The horror.

Also lets just go ahead and admit right now dogs are smarter than all of us. Fed, bathed, loved, poo picked up, tummies scratched and all for a tail wag.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Yeah I'm not exactly shocked here... What's next? Not all blondes are dumb? People with glasses can be stupid? People that aren't me can be right? The horror.

Also lets just go ahead and admit right now dogs are smarter than all of us. Fed, bathed, loved, poo picked up, tummies scratched and all for a tail wag.

And not all asians are intelligent... you reminded me of this for an lol:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Black and women may or may not have the same brainpower as white men..

So, why aren't they using it?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Don't forget that cats are smarter than dogs! They get everything they want and still get to act like they hate us

Dogs have owners, cats have "staff"

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
Black and women may or may not have the same brainpower as white men..

So, why aren't they using it?

centuries of being pushed down, neglected, kept from education... society ... of course Purple Chitens are smarter than all of them, also smarter than Pink Chitens

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
It's not about the color of your skin.
What it boils down to is a environmental issue. It's the environment you grow up in.

A young black man that grows up in an upscale area and are raised by financially secure parents (note I said Parent's as in both of them) are most likely going to grow up with a good education, manners, a conscience and the ability to be a productive member of society.

A young black man that grows up in the ghetto with a single mother who is on entitlement programs and who has never had a job and expects everything to be given to her and has older gang members to act as a father figure or mom's 3 boyfriends a month as a "daddy" will grow up to be.......well, look around you now and in the news to see what you get.

Same goes if your white, red, yellow, black, brown or WHATEVER........

I have been around awhile and lived in many, many cities and country settings and really have found this to be true. At least that's my belief.

Basically every rich white kid with two parents and access to everything growing up that I know turned out to be a total lazy idiot with boorish manners and no grasp of reality. But I agree that two parents do help. It just depends who the parents are. A poor single mother with good morals and a strong mind does a much better job of raising her kids than two affluent parents with weak morals and no empathy or applicable, non-specialized intelligence.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

If you could not trust science then why do you NOW?

Because it's telling him what he wants to hear. Confirmation bias at its finest.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
As other posters have rightly pointed out, reasonable people have known the truth outlined by this study for some years, if not decades already. The trouble appears to be not with the general populations understanding of this simple idea, but the understanding of those emotionally retarded, xenophobic, genderist pigs that we all know and hate, making more noise about things than the reasonable persons amongst us.

It will take constant assaults on this horrifically flawed mindset, by every association of science, philosophy, politics and culture, to remove the taint of this xenophobic genderist BS from the cultures of man. These will have to be some of the widest spread informational campaigns ever bought to bear on the collective human psyche, if they are to be successful in wiping out intolerance and discrimination from our group mind as a species, and this MUST be done if we are to survive as a species at all.

We as a species are after all, riven by religious and ideaological differences that have at times seemed insurmountable. There are persons abroad in the world who believe, for reasons either religious or political, that women and black or non white persons are lesser in terms of thier intellect, and until that kind of thinking becomes an anachronism in and of itself, our species will remain divided by hatred and mistrust. It cannot be allowed to continue.

Sometimes I wonder if it would not have been better if, during the second world war, our forebares had chosen to wipe out all fascists of every stripe, while there was still a military machine in operation. Turn the tools of the oppressors upon them and silence them for the rest of all time. However, on reflection that scenario would have seen the liberators become the tyrants in a different format, so perhaps it is better that we have the oppertunity to wipe these foolish notions from the human conciousness by less brutal means.

In either case, it must end, and articles like this will surely help.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by mwood
A young black man that grows up in the ghetto with a single mother who is on entitlement programs

(the rest is too steriotypical to consider, or you are talking about a specific person you know)

Why do you have Obamas picture up there? He never grew up in the ghetto, nor had ghetto problems......

So that doesnt even relate............the people that starred you, like yourself, must not even know the background of the president.........

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There's really nothing new about this, of course every 'normal' human being share the same "brainpower", regardless of skin color or shape, this has been the general consensus for a long time now. When thinking deeper into the subject, brainpower becomes a very relative term though, with many layers. Amount of neurons, enviromental factors including culture and gene heritage all take part in this.
I remember one interesting study where they concluded that the native people of northern countries have a visual cortex tens of percents larger than the people living near the equator. Presumably evolved to help cope with the decreased sunlight, this increase in neurons doesn't actually have anything to do with intelligence or brainpower. So, a bigger brain (or more neurons) doesn't necessarily make you more intelligent.

Gender comparisons are actually much more 'valid', atleast when judging by neuron count in the neocortex, on average 19 billion neurons in females, and 23 billion in males (wikipedia). That's a very clear difference, no arguing about that. The most important thing though, is how that difference manifests itself.

The area in the brain responsible for spatial computing is 'much' larger in males and this you can see as a fact when comparing scores of a spatial reasoning test. But overall that difference doesn't even seem to matter (leaving out parallel parking
), atleast when judging by IQ scores. Women and men tend to score almost indentically.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I'm not worried about another persons I.Q., what I'm worried about is this:

It is proven that violence is more prevalent in the African-American community, yet one national program alone can not combat the issues that provoke and entice aggressive behavior.

Violence and the African-American Community - The University of Dayton School of Law

This can be backed up by various crime statistics nation wide. It's also true for Europe and Scandinavia. (Most inmates in Norway's liberal country are that of non-western immigrants i.e. Africans and Middle Eastern males.)

Link

If offended, see signature.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So common sense and normal train of thought is not enough to know that everyone has the same brainpower?

There are too many stupid people in the world... Sometimes I wish natural selection was helped a bit more...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

*sigh* you're not getting it. there are plenty of documented physical differences in male and female brains that attribute to quantifiable performance differences.

Consider these recent findings. Researchers, using brain imaging technology that captures blood flow to "working" parts of the brain, analyzed how men and women process language. All subjects listened to a novel. When males listened, only the left hemisphere of their brains was activated. The brains of female subjects, however, showed activity on both the left and right hemispheres. This activity across both hemispheres of the brain may result in the strong language skills typically displayed by females

men process language on the left, while women use both the left and right because the corpus callosum in females is more dense.

Boys generally demonstrate superiority over female peers in areas of the brain involved in math and geometry. These areas of the brain mature about four years earlier in boys than in girls, according to a recent study that measured brain development in more than 500 children. Researchers concluded that when it comes to math, the brain of a 12-year-old girl resembles that of an 8-year-old boy. Conversely, the same researchers found that areas of the brain involved in language and fine motor skills (such as handwriting) mature about six years earlier in girls than in boys.

Notably, male brains contain about 6.5 times more gray matter -- sometimes called 'thinking matter" -- than women. Female brains have more than 9.5 times as much white matter, the stuff that connects various parts of the brain, than male brains.

www.webmd.com...
there are real differences, and running around saying that everyone is exactly equal is inaccurate.

while i'm not surprised at the derision this thread has caused, i am appalled by it. why can't people accept differences?

On average, males and females have the same median IQ of 100. This is a matter of test construction. IQ tests purposely eliminate questions that lead to sex biases in the score. Males and females show average differences on subsections of IQ tests. Males are better on some sections, as spatial questions, while females are better on reading and some other verbal skills.

www.sq.4mg.com...
this really sums it up. same median IQ, but consistent differences on the subsections that match what we would expect from what we know of brain structure.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes, we are all in fact 100% the same, it's a scientific fact. Now if you'll excuse me this white boy is gonna go win a dunk contest then out run Usain Bolt. Should be a close race seeing as we're totally the same and have the same potential.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Science is amazing ! Thanks science !

Science also has proven that Multiple Stab Wounds May Be Harmful To Monkeys

Holy sh... my soda just came out of my nose!

Thanks! Wow..!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I doubt science could prove anything, since much of the brain is still a mystery!
edit on 21-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join