It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This will be short and simple.

I AM Canadian!

So what? It means I come from Canada. Do I love my country? Absolutely! Am I proud of my country? You betcha! If I were from the USA I bet I would be a proud, flag waving American. If I were from Russia I would probably be a proud Russian. This is the way we are wired to be. Not all of us are patriotic, but I bet the majority of us are. Can those of us who love our respective country say that we are honestly proud of EVERYTHING our country has done in the past? Or doing right now? No. Absolutely not. But we wave our flags, we sing our national anthems and we are proud of our nationality.

And to the point....

Canada has accomplished a lot. More specifically, many Canadians have accomplished a lot. But really, I am sick of the media tying a Canadian Connection to everything. Stephen Hawking visits Canada... this is big news? A broken satellite enters earths orbit over Newfoundland but crashes in South America... this is news?

Canadian owned horse wins Kentucky Derby. So what? The owner was born in Canada. Big deal.

www.cbc.ca...

"SpaceX rocket launch aborted in last half-second"... this is an article on the CBC website. Here is a quote from someone on that site... "Anyway, nice to see a Canadian connection - Mr Musk's mum was Canadian as was his first wife, and he himself was part-educated and had children in Canada." Well, that was pointless.

I am always seeing a Canadian Connection reported in Canadian media. It is getting old.

I love my country as I am sure most people do.

(I am going to start adding articles where there is a Canadian Connection which is the focus of the story)

That is my rant.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh, my satellite and Hawking comments were just examples.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Have you heard about the internment camps north of labrador?I'm still doin research on it eh

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by TFCJay

Have you heard about the internment camps north of labrador?I'm still doin research on it eh

Yes, bye! Up there on the ice floes! Can be moved with a medium sized tug!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Grits vs Poutine...

No contest...

Peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Every media outlet has a bias toward there own community. My hometown is so small things like a person who worked at the town for a week and go on a decade later to make millions are front page news. Everything is a big event because there is near nothing to report on; they need something to get people to buy papers.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
grits vs poutine.

wtf are grits.

the real head to head is instant vs regular mashed potatoes.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
grits vs poutine.

wtf are grits.

Instant potatoes? BLASPHEMY!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You should not be proud of global segregation that creates unfair resource based want. A country is a hypothetical line in the sand. Nothing more.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
This will be short and simple.

I AM Canadian!

So what? It means I come from Canada. Do I love my country? Absolutely! Am I proud of my country? You betcha! If I were from the USA I bet I would be a proud, flag waving American. If I were from Russia I would probably be a proud Russian.........

I love my country as I am sure most people do.

Just to be clear, I am Canadian as well, but I have lived and worked in other actual real countries. Canada is NOT A COUNTRY! It is a colony of the British Empire as outlined in the 1947 Letters Patent of King George (the whatever version number).

Ask yourself some key questions;

Who is the head of state? Well that would be an absentee landlord called queen e-lizard-breath.
Who runs the colony for the head of state? Well, that would be the groveler general.
Can Canada be listed on the UN Security Council as a member country? NO, because it isn't a country.

that was a little acid test for you. So love your colony and love the government's colonoscopy even if they aren't going to kiss you before they f*** you.

It's a pretty colony though, shame that people that live here just don't know who and what we are, but I guess they are all just "wired that way."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/20.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
grits vs poutine.

wtf are grits.

Had them once in Detroit...Still don't know what they are...

Peace

new topics

top topics

join