It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did this thought/message enter my mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ok, today I was at work around 8:20 A.M. and was mowing the grass because I work a golf course, and I had just stopped the lawn mower a little while before and dozed off to sleep because I was extremely tired this morning and I remember seeing a clear image of something, but when I awoke I couldn't remember what the image was. About five minutes later a thought entered my mind or i'm not sure it was a thought, but a message that kept repeating in my thoughts. This thought kept repeating the same message, "Open the door to Saint Helen."
I don't exactly know what this means and didn't connect it to anything until I heard about the volcano, and I still have no idea of the significance of whatever happened today. Can someone offer their insight on what all this might mean?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What might "open the door to Saint Helen" mean?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You should goto Mt. Saint Helen and see if you can find a door

Perhaps the dream is tyring to tell you to open the door to your mind on the issue of Mt. Saint Helen. Are you a politician? Or are you in any kind of social position that you could voice a concern on this?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm in a position to aquire knowledge.............college student

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i dont know if im thinking of the right thing thing but isnt mt. saint helen supposed to explode soon or on the 29th?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well sorta. There has been tons of seismic activity there recently.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think you should share some of that grass you were mowing with us.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
ever wonder why you start humming that annoying advert tune, or reciting lyrics to a song

use your mind or your mind will use you

[edit on 2-10-2004 by scorchio123]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
St. Helen of Sk�fde
Martyr in the first half of the twelfth century. Her feast is celebrated 31 July. Her life (Acta SS., July, VII, 340) is ascribed to St. Brynolph, Bishop of Skara, in Sweden (d. 1317). She was of noble family and is generally believed to have been the daughter of the Jarl Guthorm. When her husband died she remained a widow and spent her life in works of charity and piety; the gates of her home were ever open to the needy and the church of Sk�fde was almost entirely built at her expense. Her daughter's husband was a very cruel man, and was in consequence killed by his own servants. His relatives, wishing to avenge his death, examined the servants. These admitted the crime, but falsely asserted that they acted on the instigation of Helen. She had then gone on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land, but on her return she was killed in 1160 (?) at Gothene by her husband's relatives. Her body was brought to Sk�fde for burial, and many wonderful cures were wrought at her intercession. The report of these miracles was sent to Rome by Stephen, the Archbishop of Upsala, and he, by order of Pope Alexander III, in 1164 inscribed her name in the list of canonized saints (Benedict XIV, "De canonizatione sanctorum", I, 85). Great was the veneration shown her relics even after the Reformation had spread in Sweden. Near her church was a holy well, known to this day as St. Lene Kild. At various times the Lutheran authorities inveighed against this remnant of what they called popish and anti-Christian superstition. Especially zealous in this regard was Archbishop Abraham, who had all the springs, mineral or pure water, filled up with stones and rubbish (Baring-Gould, "Lives of the Saints", July, II, 698). St. Helen's tomb and well (St. Elin's) were also honoured at Tiisvilde in the parish of Tibirke in the island of Zealand. Pilgrimages were made every summer, cripples amd sick came in numbers; they would remain all night at the grave, take away with them little bags of earth from under the tombstone, and frequently would leave their crutches or make votive offerings in token of gratitude. Such was the report sent in 1658 from Copenhagen to the Bollandists by the Jesuit Lindanus. A similar statement is made by Werlaiff, in 1858, in his "Hist. Antegnelser". The legend says that St. Helen's body floated to Tiisvilde in a stone coffin, and that a spring broke forth where the coffin touched land. The Bollandists (loc. cit.) give as a possible reason for her veneration at Tiisvilde that perhaps St. Helen had visited the place, or some of her relics had been brought there.

www.newadvent.org...

There is a St. Helen Mi.

maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the volcano. energy vibrations are changing look within for the answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
thank you, ibelieve. Very interesting. I will try to find the answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
the reason for the meme of open door helen
can only be realized by yourself

but the fact that something consequential popped into your consciousness is proof that (either by accident or subconscious intent) you
resonated with the 'FIELD'...

you can check out related info stuff, consciousness-communication-etc all over the net,,, check out your Googles: noetic science, the field, etc etc

If you want tp ponder, dwell, on meanings or importance...you'ld have to consult some metaphysical Guru or Shaman or Healer...who could do a Dr Jung kinda analysis for you.... but, i think that in your heart/spirit you know which direction to go & the 'large scale' meaning of your insight-message.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Interesting read: there's a historical person and two places that go by the name St. Helen. Do you know of any Helens who are Christian as well? Opening the door to any saint would be welcoming a good person into one's life. Maybe things are connecting up for a reason. Please keep posting if future things come up, I'd be interested in reading additional events.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Do you often go to sleep on the job like this? I'm not criticizing your work habits, just wondering if this is normal for you. Many people who have had UFO experiences sometimes do odd things like that and never really think about how strange it is for them to do this. For instance I recall reading where a guy would drive for an hour or so each night to walk his dog, in the country and never once until it was pointed out thought about how odd that was that he did that.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yes, goose. I do have many odd behaviors and am possibly an abductee and have been since childhood. I think of these odd expierences an a continual loop like on a CD player you can make play a song over and over, well thats how I view these odd experiences but they vary and are not always UFO/Alien related but mostly it seems there is an recurring theme/phenomenon in which certain people continually have strange events happen to them at varying points in time. Sometimes it may be years before I have an odd expierence and sometimes they may only be weeks apart. Such as tonight I bummed some cigerretes off a girl and had dreamed of the distinct package two nights before, they were Cheyenne cigerrette brand and I had never seen that brand before but had dreamed of it two nights before. I enjoy these odd occurences because it adds excitement to my life, and I'm afraid I might be miserable and boring without these metaphysical happenings. Thats my explaination.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Cheyenne, cool. Maybe you have a calling to be a geography teacher.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Got any others?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Dude! What are you doing just standing there? For crying out loud man, have some manners and open the door! St. Helen's got visitors.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think I'll quit posting. Must I be ridiculed here among so many others that could be ridiculed also.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
** If you are not interested in contributing to discussions in a constructive manner DO NOT post here. **

Please, stay on topic and be courteous to other members. Thanks,

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Really, I am interested in other connections. Please share despite ridicule, I'll like to hear them.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This seems to sound sort of like my voices on the bus experience. Atleast you have a location though. It could be nothing as most have said, or it could be a sign of things to come, how far you go with it is entirely up to you.

top topics

join