It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Alien Contact and Speaking English...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Quite a lot of ET contact cases I see have taken place where the aliens have actually physically spoken (or telepathically) to them in English (Most abductions are taken place in 'English speaking countries'). E.g. Some contactees recall the aliens saying to them, "We come in peace", "relax", "We're not going to hurt you".

Now I got questions..

1. What kind of accent did the alien have? American accent?
2. How did the Alien learn to speak English?
3. Imagine if an Alien contacts an Arabic person.. Will the alien speak in that complex, 'hard to pronunciate' language? (Would be quite funny)
4. Did the alien speak in 'Everyday' English or formal? (Lol i know this question sucks)
5. Did the alien actually open his mouth to talk when speaking, like humans?
6. OR, Did the alien use some kind of telepathic powers to make you think the alien is speaking to you, so your brain processes the alien messages to a voice where you can understand the language, but only in your MIND?

I know these questions are a bit close minded for contactee individuals and I know they wouldn't be able to see the particular details of how the aliens are speaking to them.

Yes, I'm probably going with the telepathic powers the aliens may use, I don't see the aliens using the same kind of language protocol humans use!

But what do you guys think?
edit on 20-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm guessing it would be an English accent, not American, as it is the English language.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe it's because any alien who doesn't speak English is automatically sent to a FEMA camp never to be heard of again.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes I imagine an alien would speak good English:-

"I say old chap, take me to your superior"

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

Your not alone! I've wondered this to... I asked an abducte the once, he said English in a regular british voice...

I'd like to further investigate, and see if they talk to each individual in a way they would best relate to... But if that's not the case, we need to question it and wonder why its so conveinient...

I've only recently looked into the abduction phenomina, if accept UFOs are ET which I do, I need to man up and realise the consequences.

Either that or Aliens like the idea of English being the Universal language, well it is the most efficient, not complicated like others

edit on 20-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
actually if you look into some of the cases the way the ets communicate with few people is more a way of allowing an understanding there are no words, its hard to describe but try thinking without speaking the words in your mind, and you get a vauge idea of what it might feel like only it would be alot deeper and blatantly more real than that.

if you look at the case of the Tall whites they have learned english with great difficulty and i cant imagine its comfortable for them to speak .

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The alien is projecting the voice of whatever the subject finds most comforting.
I wouldn't surprise me if the alien 'sounds' different to two people who are simultaneously listening to it.

That's assuming alien abductions are real and that they don't use telepathy in the first place. I think any species that could arrive here would be telepathic.
edit on 20-5-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yes question 6 seems the most obvious, as i see aliens not using our same language protocol.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It all comes down to the amazing Babel Fish. It transforms any language into one you can understand. The ET`s must stick it in our ears during the abduction.

and if that`s not it then you got me.
edit on 5/20/2012 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If aliens are really here--- highly highly intelligent etc etc; capable of speaking many languages, amazing technology (again, etc etc) then after 70+ years of 'alleged' contact aint it about time they actually told us what they want? Yeah, the human race is thick compared to them. Maybe they are just as thick because after 70+ years they're too stupid to realize we have no fekin idea what they're talking about!!! Kind like me trying to explain how a computer works to my dog! I wouldn't attempt this to start with; but if I did I most definitely wouldn't still be trying 70+ years from now!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, from what I have read and understand. Aliens do not need to actually speak through their vocal chords, they communicate telepathically. So, no matter where they take abductees from, they will be able to speak the universal language of all times.

Now, if you encounter an "Alien" that actually speaks through their vocal chords, then you are being a victim of a government's prank!

Edit: My believe is that telepathy is thought projected, so there's no need to think the words in your language, just think of what you want and it will be done.
edit on 20-5-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Well, from what I have read and understand. Aliens do not need to actually speak through their vocal chords, they communicate telepathically. So, no matter where they take abductees from, they will be able to speak the universal language of all times.

Now, if you encounter an "Alien" that actually speaks through their vocal chords, then you are being a victim of a government's prank!

Edit: My believe is that telepathy is thought projected, so there's no need to think the words in your language, just think of what you want and it will be done.

Yes, I believe that should be the obvious one, but I'm particularly referring to the contactees that have recalled hearing aliens' voices.
edit on 20-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I agree with the first part of your post in that they use telepathy.
I disagree with the last part. They speak to your mind as you may speaks to your own mind in your chosen language. this is an entirely different mental process than mere thinking that does not use language.

I suspect that the aliens use telepathy in two ways, The first way is direct speaking to the brain as I mentioned above. As an abductee, before I lost the ability to remember the bulk of the unfolding experience and as I was coming out of it, I distinctly heard in my head precise orders as if I were thinking in words. (I was driving at the time!) Frequently, we hear of the second method of telepathy that they use which is the direct implantation of images such as what will happen to the earth if we don't change our ways. this telepathy goes beyond words.

It may well be that ETs from various places have different parameters of their psi powers so it would be best to not classify them as having this or that talent and not another.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

As far as I've noticed, they are usually described as speaking perfectly in the language of whoever they are supposed to be talking to. No dropping letters or drawling sounds. Where they've sometimes been compared to 'perfect English' is maybe in the way they pronounce every word precisely and clearly.

Although telepathy has always been a feature of contact claims, I've no idea how it would work. Would French be translated to English via telepathy? I dunno.

Back in the great European 1954 encounters wave there was an odd (oddER!) report of a guy being held hostage by a humanoid. It involved a Frenchman meeting a humanoid who spoke rough Russian. Something like that....can't find the details. In the Villa Boas report, they grunted and yapped and in the Hills case the main one was described as being quite charming in a gentlemanly way.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

As apposed to say.........

Yo Dude, wheres the Main Man ?

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

That made me laugh

Id say they speak in whatever language they know but somehow they make the human brain telepathically translate what they say so we can understand it

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX
If aliens are really here--- highly highly intelligent etc etc; capable of speaking many languages, amazing technology (again, etc etc) then after 70+ years of 'alleged' contact aint it about time they actually told us what they want? Yeah, the human race is thick compared to them. Maybe they are just as thick because after 70+ years they're too stupid to realize we have no fekin idea what they're talking about!!! Kind like me trying to explain how a computer works to my dog! I wouldn't attempt this to start with; but if I did I most definitely wouldn't still be trying 70+ years from now!

Maybe after 70 years theyre still waiting for our entire population to accept them. But also find powerful and influencial people to start with

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Very strange indeed. In my experiences that didn't happen. I recieved "thought packets" the concepts come in a lump and without linear language. My mind has to unravel it and turn it into language. Sometimes I do that into my language, but with time I got more and more used to leaving it as a concept.

My mind first put it into language out of habit.... but in fact we only need to do that in order to communicate the concept to another through spoken or written means! So if I am not going to tell anyone about it, I leave it in mind as a thought packet.

Anyway, my point being, that because of my own experience, I would suspect people have their minds doing that translation work (out of habit, perhaps), but they are not conscious that it is their self doing that.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join