It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago PD surrounding protestors trying to leave!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Doesnt matter where this is happening in the US. Peaceful protesters should not be bullied or shut up. And my constitutional rights should not in any way be suspended in a municipality, in the country or on a flippin mountain. On US soil I have my rights, and one should be freedom of speech which includes peaceful protest. I embrace these peaceful protesters, most citizens wont get out of that armchair for their rights but expect it handed to them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Coming from an eye witness. heres the media starting to lie....

Jamie Kilstein ‏@jamiekilstein ABC claiming Black Block did damage at old navy. I was there. The only damage was cops beating me and protesters. #nonato Retweeted by Occupy Wall Street Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
[/quote

right to record police
Lets Keep Recording!!!!Show the truth.its our right

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Excuse me, but where did you get the 100,000 number for the Chicago Police Department? As of 2011, and shown in their annual review, your count is way off.

Chicago Police Department Annual Report 2010

As of 2011, the department had 13,857 members, including 12,244 sworn members.

The city is currently experiencing a huge budget deficit as well. In almost the billion dollar range.

Chicago Budget Deficit: Rahm Emanuel Projects $653.7 Million Shortfall

The city will face an estimated $653.7 million shortfall, around $50 million more than last year and $63 million more than Mayor Daley had said it would be when he left office, according to Business Week

They have no where near the budget to have a 100,000 sworn officers at this time. Furthermore, given that the CPD is operating at reduced numbers? They are getting a lot of support from the surrounding cities, state, and federal law enforcement. I highly doubt there is even 100,000 sworn officers in the city at this time, and even with the other law enforcement services combined.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

seems that i was wrong about that number, way off.

i don't know what I was thinking.

now anyone that thinks they can take them on should feel more confident.

good luck.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Part of Speech, I recorded from ustream

I know the people who were there with the pro cameras will have the good stuff that they can upload later..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by seeker1963

those Cops live in this City, with their wives and children. they probably grew up here.

where are the protesters from?

are you attempting to imply here that if i don't like the things NATO does across the whole world, i have to wait until they decide to have a conference in sticksville, australia, before i have legitimate call to have my voice heard?
wait maybe i'm still being too extreme, my protesting might get in the way of those who live and work in town, it would be better if i wait until they payed me a housecall.
because that's going to happen
because they totally care about what a single one of us has to say.

also what is this about protestors VS police? all this about outnumbered and outmatched....
....i hope you realise that the fuzz have no more real relevance in this
than the chair the NATO committee propped the door closed with
to keep us all at bay another nineteen seconds

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Peaceful protesters should not be bullied or shut up.

Peaceful protesters

I'm amazed at the idiocy here ... there is nothing "peaceful" in the wort protest. The word itself, designates confrontation.

What are you opposing, exactly?

Imagine yourself being a NATO personell. And outside are a lot of people protesting ... they're yielling and getting knocked over by police. Hell, these NATO personell see it all the time ... there were people like that in Lybia ... they threw bomb on those. There were people like that in Syria, and their being dealt with ... with bombs and bullets. There were people like that in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

These NATO people aren't elected. What are they to fear from you? what are you going to fart so badly, they might choke.

PEOPLE ... YOU ARE A JOKE!

Probably more pathetic, but in reality ... if you cannot comprehend the word "protest" ... GO HOME.

DON'T BOTHER ... GO HOME ... YOU'RE JUST A JOKE.

And that is the truth of it ... you're just being annoying, and taking up space.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The point is ... if you don't intend to take this to the next level, and if you aren't prepared to "fight" than your protest is worse than nothing.

The only thing a "peaceful protest" will accomplish are further laws to minimize your freedom. Because such a protest, is only seen as extreme activity of a "few dissident" and "crazy" people. It's NEVER seen as the "will of the people".

The "will of the people", is when they marsh onto the streets en-mass and overrun the barricades ... it's when the people are "fed up" and their anger is so great, that they'll beat the cops up for good measure.

If you want "peacful protests", do it through the voting system.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

If they send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to the moruge.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Gun Happy Cops:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

..... they must have known they were overmatched.

Interesting you automatically assume there are "sides". The protesters didn't go there because the cops were there, they are there to protest for their beliefs aren't they?

It is the cops who are there for confrontation.

You a cop?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i'm not a cop and I know exactly why the protesters and nato are in chicago and why this whole scene is on display right now.

even this conversation...

cosmic forces are facing off right now...and there are sides. one of chaos/confusion and one of order.

just to be certain their are probably cops that represent chaos and protesters that are for order.

Order is winning. no one is hurt really and only a few arrests.

can't you agree that it was a nice rally?

edit on 21-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

those Cops live in this City, with their wives and children. they probably grew up here.

where are the protesters from?

are you attempting to imply here that if i don't like the things NATO does across the whole world, i have to wait until they decide to have a conference in sticksville, australia, before i have legitimate call to have my voice heard?
wait maybe i'm still being too extreme, my protesting might get in the way of those who live and work in town, it would be better if i wait until they payed me a housecall.
because that's going to happen
because they totally care about what a single one of us has to say.

also what is this about protestors VS police? all this about outnumbered and outmatched....
....i hope you realise that the fuzz have no more real relevance in this
than the chair the NATO committee propped the door closed with
to keep us all at bay another nineteen seconds

protest all you like. I think the protesters and Nato are on the same team to be honest. between the cops, Nato and the protesters, only the cops live here. when nato and the protesters take their circus act on the road, the cops will still be here.

nato is an organization laying on its deathbed and the protesters are a part of their marketing program to appear vital and important to the world. today, nato will sign surrender documents and will be gone from afghanistan and done with that line of work forever.

the protesters didn't do anything to make this happen.

i'm not really sure who any of you people think you are fooling anyway.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You have a lot of information wrong.

I was watching the same event, the police didn't completely surrond them....the lined up on three sides and told everyone to leave in one direction. Are the protesters so dumb that they didn't understand that?

And the blue helmets are not NATO troops...Chicago PD wears light blue....that is their color. And yes, I have seen them where light blue helmets...but mostly the motorcycle police because the other police usually don't where helmets. I think they have around 15k police officers, I'm sure they had reserve called in and they also had State Police there as well (they were in black).

These protesters had signs that said "F the police"....people yelling to kill the cops...one cop got stabbed...other cops were injured....protesters immediately and continually threw anything they could grab at the police.

The consensus that I have seen so far from Chicagoans being interviewed on local news is that the CPD handled this great and people are very proud of them.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Doesnt matter where this is happening in the US. Peaceful protesters should not be bullied or shut up. And my constitutional rights should not in any way be suspended in a municipality, in the country or on a flippin mountain. On US soil I have my rights, and one should be freedom of speech which includes peaceful protest. I embrace these peaceful protesters, most citizens wont get out of that armchair for their rights but expect it handed to them.

No one was bullied or shut up...Chicago has seen 4 days of protests with almost no issues. It wasn't until yesterday when you had a group of trouble makers that stayed AFTER the protest was over that there were problems.

Do peaceful protests include throwing things at police officers, yelling for cops to die and involve police officers being stabbed???

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
and what did the protesters plan on doing with those jars of feces and urine, anyway?

if those cops don't make them eat it...they should consider their visit to Chicago a good vacation.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
The LRAD is there now and they are telling everyone to desperse, but the irony is, they have them surrounded and won't let them!!!!

This seems to be standard CYA police protocol similar to the incedent where the cops were beating a man in a diabetic coma while yelling for the camera sake "Stop resisting!"

There will come a point where the police, will start to dissappear while they are off duty and alone.
Statistically 70% or so of murders are never solved and the police 'are' pushing the non-cops to the limit.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Originally posted by seeker1963
The LRAD is there now and they are telling everyone to desperse, but the irony is, they have them surrounded and won't let them!!!!

This seems to be standard CYA police protocol similar to the incedent where the cops were beating a man in a diabetic coma while yelling for the camera sake "Stop resisting!"

There will come a point where the police, will start to dissappear while they are off duty and alone.
Statistically 70% or so of murders are never solved and the police 'are' pushing the non-cops to the limit.

Are you honestly suggesting people should start murdering off duty cops???

That is pretty sick and twisted....and very moronic.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Gun Happy Cops:

No one was hurt and it all seemed to be over sensationalized.

IMHO these guys are the future of the MSM.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You have a lot of information wrong.

These protesters had signs that said "F the police"....people yelling to kill the cops...one cop got stabbed...other cops were injured....protesters immediately and continually threw anything they could grab at the police.

The consensus that I have seen so far from Chicagoans being interviewed on local news is that the CPD handled this great and people are very proud of them.

Honesty is clearly of no interest to the self-proclaimed anarchists and their tiny following. What they are really after is attention and when they don't get it the tantrums start. They don't have a clue what they are even protesting in most cases. Illiteracy and lunacy seem to be the order of the day where these folks are concerned.

Chicago has done a wonderful job of keeping this under control. Good for Chicago and I hope not too many innocent people are harmed by the childish minds rampaging through Chicago's streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join