It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago PD surrounding protestors trying to leave!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

those Cops live in this City, with their wives and children. they probably grew up here.

where are the protesters from?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Our taxes are paying for those police, and then they do this. If they have like 100K police jobs then wow. Looks like their are jobs out there...as Law enforcement.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

the colors on Chicago's Flag match the color of the Helmets is officers are wearing.

Sky Blue.

Thank you for answering my question!

I was very curious about that one!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

They come from areas where un/nato represent or misrepresent anyway.
2nd line

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

your tax dollars are paying the salaries of Chicago Cops?

since you live in Chicago and Illinois...now you know your money is well spent.

If you don't live Chicago and Illinois...nothing you have to say is relevant to someone who does.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

those Cops live in this City, with their wives and children. they probably grew up here.

That is a valid point!

However, it doesn't give them the right to violate the rights of a U.S. citiizens right to peacefully protest.....just sayin.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

NATO effects just Chicago?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

your tax dollars are paying the salaries of Chicago Cops?

since you live in Chicago and Illinois...now you know your money is well spent.

If you don't live Chicago and Illinois...nothing you have to say is relevant to someone who does.

Not true! Does the Chicago PD get any Federal funding?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

its a well established fact that once you enter into a municipality, you relinquish some of your Constitutional rights.

perhaps the protesters should have marched in the County instead of the City.

besides...i'm watching this unfold just like the rest of you and haven't seen what you are claiming.

wearing a mask in public in that City can get you arrested as well as walking in the middle of a street and disrupting traffic.

CPD is going to win the PR campaign...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

CPD doesn't have to consider the NATO summit in the conduct of its responsibilities. NATO has no meaning.

they could be beating those people senseless and the whole time wouldn't have to consider the NATO summit with any greater regard than the services at a local church in the same area.

this is an example about how to deal with people with kids gloves on.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

its a well established fact that once you enter into a municipality, you relinquish some of your Constitutional rights.

perhaps the protesters should have marched in the County instead of the City.

besides...i'm watching this unfold just like the rest of you and haven't seen what you are claiming.

wearing a mask in public in that City can get you arrested as well as walking in the middle of a street and disrupting traffic.

CPD is going to win the PR campaign...

What masks are you talking about???? I did not see ONE person wearing a mask in what I was reporting on! I am still waiting for your answer on whether or not chicago PD gets any Federal funding???? If they do,then any citizen of this country has a right to complain on how YOUR police department treats them!

Or does the constitution and the bill of rights not apply if you visit the city of Chicago?

edit on 20-5-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Was referring to why the protesters weren't all from Chicago. Context...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

i'd imagine that Chicago gets Federal funding for one thing or another and I don't believe that the protesters have no right to complain about their treatment at the hands of Chicago Police...I just don't think they should expect much.

just because someone said there is an issue doesn't mean that there is one. and this whole thing is being taped and watch by the entire city and everyone that lives here more or less.

crime has dropped in every area of the city this week. everyone is watching.

all i'm saying is that CPD has far too much strength for these 'protesters'. also, they could sweep those people off the street like litter anytime they decided to do so, but they aren't doing this.

edit on 20-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

This is Chicago.

NATO is just another group that's spending a lot of money at one of our many Convention Centers and and world Leaders who have found lodging at some of our many world class Hotels in the area are of no specific importance in and of themselves.

a bunch of Nurses rallied at Daley Plaza on Friday. the protesters are in no way whatsoever more important than the nurses group.

and they will treated just like anyone else standing in the middle of the street half naked.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

i'd imagine that Chicago gets Federal funding for one thing or another and I don't believe that the protesters have no right to complain about their treatment at the hands of Chicago Police...I just don't think they should expect much.

just because someone said there is an issue doesn't mean that there is one. and this whole thing is being taped and watch by the entire city and everyone that lives here more or less.

all i'm saying is that CPD has far too much strength for these 'protesters'. also, they could sweep those people off the street like litter anytime they decided to do so, but they aren't doing this.

Well, I wish you the best of luck then my friend. These cops are easily outnumbered, and if these people chose to rush them, they wouldn't know WTF to do! I am not advocating violence and I do understand that you live there and all of this is an inconvenience to you and all of the people who live in Chicago. But seriously, WTF did ya'll expect when the wonderful Fed decided to have this meeting there???? Can you not see the insanity in this decision??

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Well, I wish you the best of luck then my friend. These cops are easily outnumbered, and if these people chose to rush them, they wouldn't know WTF to do! I am not advocating violence and I do understand that you live there and all of this is an inconvenience to you and all of the people who live in Chicago. But seriously, WTF did ya'll expect when the wonderful Fed decided to have this meeting there???? Can you not see the insanity in this decision??

I was wished luck before...i don't consider luck to be of any value.

whether the cops are outnumbered is an opinion and the protesters aren't showing that they can make it fact...just bluster.

if you rush one of those Cops...i'd bet my money they will know how to respond...when the protesters where in college studying literature and art history, those cops were practicing kicking the crap out of obnoxious people.

when the Feds chose this spot for the summit, all I thought of was the money that would be spent and that our fair City would be the center of the worlds attention.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Any moment now we should see some action from the police, just as the masses are watching the eclipse!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
looks like a bunch of Lookylous waiting for something to happen, which really isnt happening.....

hahaha, 3 law breakers and 3000 people show up to watch hahahaha. this is funny, and pathetic and a little wrong that this isnt for a good reason and real protest isnt happening

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

CPD alone has over 100,000.

when the protesters decided to come they must have known they were overmatched.

State and County is out there too.

Well, um.. the protestors didn't go to the protest, looking for a "match", or a "fight". The police did, apparently?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

you are right, they did. and the protesters have nothing inside themselves. i think that's called empty.

have a nice life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join