It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does 1960s,1970s, and 1980s seems to have more events than the present?What's the next big show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why does Social life in the past seems to be more heated/noisy than the present?Is this the calm before the storm?

In those eras I notice many things happening for example :

In the 1960s we have the civil rights movement, the Vietnam War, Anti War protest, Labor Unions strikes(Cesar Chavez), and landing of the moon

In the 1970s we have the WaterGate Scandal, Leftist Terrorist groups and the Arab Oil Embargo

In the 1980s we have Reagan, Iran-Contra affair, the 1984 Summer Olympics, Qaddafi blowing up Lockerbie and fears of the Cold War heating up

In the 90s and 2000s I notice (with the exception of 911,some terrorist bombings and the Wars in the Middle East) things seem to be dying down.(Not too many protests or anything)

I wonder why are things going a bit calm? Is this setting the stage for something big? Is the next big events be riots when food prices go up and martial law after the economy falls into depression?

edit on 20-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Time is speeding up regardless.....they were fooled back then,but we are not now....the next big show is a lead overcoat .

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

When the overcoat comes we will have troops rolling down the streets

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

In the 90s and 2000s I notice (with the exception of 911,some terrorist bombings and the Wars in the Middle East) things seem to be dying down.(Not too many protests or anything)

I wonder why are things going a bit calm? Is this setting the stage for something big? Is the next big events be riots when food prices go up and martial law after the economy falls into depression?
The fluoride has had time to build up. More people are on mood altering chemicals, the tv programs are better at pacifying the sheeple, fear of being labeled a "terrorist", "rapist", of "child molester"(the ultimate in character assassination). Many of TPTB's plans for controlling us are coming together and making resistance more and more difficult. Soon we will be in the Orwellian state.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

What about the fall of the American Empire,Its impact on the entire world, martial law and coming riots. Isn't that a huge event coming soon?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

What about the fall of the American Empire,Its impact on the entire world, martial law and coming riots. Isn't that a huge event coming soon?
Nope, when we finally come tumbling down, it won't even make the "upper fold" of the newspaper. It might be a side note on page 6 or something. We will have faded to irrelevancy long since.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Not enough happening?

9/11, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, global war on terror, secret prisons, patriot act, collapse of global financial system in progress, almost at a united europe, unelected governments in greece and italy, mass global 99% protests, global anti-war demonstrations, secret us global prisons, torture is ok, arab spring, nth korea has the bomb, south america unifying against the united states, weekly global crisis, extreme climate, tsunamis, melt down in japan and a million other things all in the last 12 years

open your eyes and start watching news coverage from the rest of the world. There is more going on than gays and birth certs

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cnalterego

What I meant is back in the old days things are bit more heated than now? Plus what's shocking is people are just standing there in the present day(in the old days like Vietnam,more people go out to protest )

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah but troops marching down your neighborhood confiscating weapons would be big news by your neighbors when everything is crashing

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

In america you say boo these days and you get tazed, pepper sprayed and called an enemy combatant tortured and sent to a secret prison while the media acts as government cheerleader

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I know that it's just people don't go against government corruption like they use to back on 60s and the 70s. People nowadays care more about the Kardashians or whoever s++++hole I'm just posting this because I'm from the younger generation and I want to know what happened over the years why have we become a bit more complacent

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah but troops marching down your neighborhood confiscating weapons would be big news by your neighbors when everything is crashing
You haven't "lost" all of your registered weapons yet? I lost mine while hunting shortly after bammy took office.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

In the 60s students were passionate and politically active. Today they are probably drunk, playing computer games or working 3 jobs and $100k in debt worrying about getting a job to pay back the man. The middle class is equally #ed. Without a student class, free media and middle class to keep the government in check you are lost.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What can I do how can I bring back what's going on in the past. In fact I am at times very ashamed of what we have become. How can I become like the people in the 60s, 70s and 80s before the dark times happened?

new topics

top topics

join