It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Peek At The Beginning Of The Solar Eclipse (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I finally found a webcam in Okinawa where it is clear.....I recorded some of the beginning, and am waiting for the main event (which I'll record too) The webcast from Mt. Fuji was too cloudy, so I searched and found this one...enjoy!

If any of you would like to see it live, here's the link www.ustream.tv...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great, thanks. Cool to see some colors at this one
This one has a bigger zoom
www.ustream.tv...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is a better video of the eclipse

www.ustream.tv...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've yet to see it. I live in East Texas and the sun has been shining brightly all day. I see a bunch of flares coming from it, but no eclipse.
edit on 20-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I missed the main event due to unexpected company! But here is some video I got from the stream from Okinawa. It seems the weather didn't co operate too well everywhere.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I think it wasn't supposed to be in Texas until sunset....much later than Japan

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Thanks for the link......you know a lot about photography if I'm not mistaken, right? The reason I ask is that right after the eclipse, I was still recording, and there was a dark object that was in the sky (or on the lens LOL)....I saved it to see if anyone could tell me what it is....I'm not a "ufo person"......but it looked unusual enough to get my attention...could it be the moon or maybe a smudge on the lens? It looks pretty solid if you watch the whole thing...

I titled it "UFO after Solar Eclipse" simply because it's unidentified....but see if you can identify it ok?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well, damn. I missed it. That figures.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Skies clear in SE TX but we weren't really supposed to get a full view of it. We saw it just starting but couldn't stay to see it all the way through.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
We didn't even have a chance to see it here in Louisiana. I wonder what kind of a view the crew on the ISS had?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I looked at your video.
First, did you record this or is it from the website?

It can't be the moon it would be in front of the sun or closer to the sun, right, and it also isn't behind the clouds, and to small to be the moon.
So the moon, no.
This doesn't look like dirt on the sensor either. If it was dirt on the sensor it shouldn't show different lighting during the video.

The only thing it can be(my first opinion when watching the vid,) that it's something on the lens(water drop) You can see it changes shape and brightness, due to the light coming from the sun through the clouds. Different amount of sunlight, different shapes of the waterdrop.

That's why i asked you if you recorded this, to check your lens.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

No....I didn't record it myself. I was recording the solar eclipse from a ustream feed (webcam) from Japan.....the same feed I recorded the other vids from. After the eclipse was over, the feed stayed up a while, so I kept recording to be sure it was all over with....and that's when I noticed it.

ETA thanks for replying so quick....Iwas really curious about it!
edit on 5/20/2012 by StealthyKat because: added content

new topics

top topics

join