It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Landings Were NOT Faked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The MythBusters chose Marshall as one of several NASA locations for an episode to debunk the notion that NASA never landed on the moon.

The cast conducted tests involving a feather, a weight, a lunar soil boot print, and a flag in a vacuum. A team of Marshall scientists helped with the tests.

The MythBusters built a small scale replica of the lunar landing site with a flat surface and a single distant spotlight to represent the Sun. They took a photo and all the shadows in the photo were parallel, as the myth proposed.

They then adjusted the topography of the model surface to include a slight hill around the location of the near rocks so the shadows fell on a slope instead of a flat surface. The resulting photograph had the same shadow directions as the original NASA photograph from Apollo 14.

To test this, they built a much larger scale (1:6) replica of the landing site, including a dust surface with a color and albedo similar to lunar soil.

The MythBusters then took a photograph which was nearly identical to the original NASA photo from Apollo 11.

The MythBusters explained that the astronaut was visible because of light being reflected off the Moon’s surface.

edit on 20-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

You poor thing. You've unwittingly walked into the most rabid-argument-inducing subject ever covered here. Should have done a search.

Soooo.... Back to you....

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

For any experiment to be anywhere near 100% conclusive it has to be carried out UNDER ACTUAL CONDITIONS. I doubt very much that was the case in this instance.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally, I believe the moon landings were real enough(at this point anyway). But if I were an unbeliever, I certainly wouldn't take Myth Busters word for it. No matter how many cute experiments they did.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Those of us who have normally functioning grey matter are able to realize that they were not faked. There is way too much proof that they did indeed happen.

With that said, you have just stirred up a hornets nest.
Good luck OP

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the people will never accept the moon landings as real. All they'll do is just make stuff up and think they have the evidence to support their claims.

But in truth I personally believe that they were former Soviet spies trying what they can do to "discredit" the America moon landings. In other words, the real conspirators and disinfo agents.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
It doesn't matter what the evidence is, the people will never accept the moon landings as real. All they'll do is just make stuff up and think they have the evidence to support their claims.

But in truth I personally believe that they were former Soviet spies trying what they can do to "discredit" the America moon landings. In other words, the real conspirators and disinfo agents.

You people are just too funny. One need not expose the landings, as it were, as a hoax. Do the math. With computer technology of the time, it was a huge gamble. With the radiation exposure an unknown, and with all the other variables, it is more plausible to understand that we did not go to the moon as that we did. Russia had spent more than 500 times more ime in space and had much more advanced rocket technology. They didn't go because they knew it was quite impossible and that it would be a great danger with the unknown of the moons gravitational pull and if you were not close enough, with the spacecraft traveling at such great speed and to slow it down to be caught by the moons gravitational pull, it would be a fools game. If the craft were not drawn into the moons orbit, the astronauts would continue flying through space. the odds were against it. The Tertris satelite was lost which was to map the trajectory needed and to measure the gravitational forces of the moon. Without the Tetris satelite info, it was a gamble. If one understands all the collusion between the governments and the behind the scenes families (Elitist Banksters) who were only doing this to distract and steal wealth from society and for future false flag operations, one can see that it is more likely than not, that the "U.S." (corporation) did not land a man on the moon. The footprints look more like they were made in volcanic ash than lunar sand. Just my opinion. If lunar sand is more likely to be like earth sand or silt, it would not look like volcanic ash. It is too fine to be sand. And the arguement then becomes, how do we know what the lunar surface is really made up of? We don't, because we have not landed there. Occams Razor. "It is a principle urging one to select among competing hypotheses that which makes the fewest assumptions and thereby offers the simplest explanation of the effect."

We can say we see pictures and video of the astronauts being there, but how do we know for sure? We are still taking the word of a rogue organization with nefarious and questionable purposes. Why was NASA created in the first p[lace, why has no one else stepped up to the plate to show it is possible. Why have other astrophysicists not supported the fact we went? I do have a friend of mine, retired, who worked on the Saturn 5 rocket program. He believes we did not go as a result of the technology he has and what is understood about th moons gravity and the need to break it with little to no propulsion other than shearing off the "Titanium bolts" and a short rocket burst. Not likely they would have shot up that quick and that freely at speed.

Just sayin. It is questionable and until the actual astronauts fess up, we shall never know for sure.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

That post is such a load of BS and misinformation, I do not even know where to start.

You very obviously have not put forth the effort to research anything you are talking about.

You read a few off the wall threads on ATS and accept it as fact.

Please, educate yourself. The internet is a wonderful tool for learning if you know how to take advantage of it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The only way the non believers will believe that the moon landings were real, will be for them to see the landing sites in person.

Or for photos to be returned when we go back there again.

Then i'm sure they'll turn around and say that those photos were faked, or that the debris at the landing sites were put there later to try and prove that we went there in the sixties....

At the end of the day, people believe what ever they want, weather its true or not, and there is nothing you can say or do to get them to change their minds. People will always find a way to disprove anything you say.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Sorry, I have done the math and have researched it with people who worked in Houston and at NASA in florida. I have seen both sides of the argument. I have studied physics and witnessed the television broadcast as a youth. There is just too much BS roaming around and too much unknown theory about the true vacuum of space to believe that we were able to get there and back in the late 60's and early 70's with the limited technology. Just understanding the suits and the radiation and solar activity makes one wonder. If you understand the thermal dynamics of zero atmosphere or very limited atmosphere and the temperature differences and how immediate they are, then I think you may get it. Also, the gravity issue comes into play. An astronaut of say 175 lbs. with a 250 lb backpack on is 425 lbs. in earths gravity, mass is the same no matter the gravity...BUT inertia is different and the leaps these guys allegedly made do not show the difference to 1/6th gravity at all. If you could jump a foot or so on earth at 425 lbs, it should equal out to 3 to 4 feet on the moon. The "hops" these guys were making are so lame as to be unbelievable. Cable assisted if you will, the rate at which the astronaut jumps as to the rate of decent is wrong. Again, if you know any kind of physics you would see that, study motion sometime, it is quite fascinating. Not saying I don't believe it isn't possible to go to the moon, just am not convinced we ever did and know the money trail behind it. Thats enough for me.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by paradox

Sorry, I have done the math and have researched it with people who worked in Houston and at NASA in florida. I have seen both sides of the argument. I have studied physics and witnessed the television broadcast as a youth. There is just too much BS roaming around and too much unknown theory about the true vacuum of space to believe that we were able to get there and back in the late 60's and early 70's with the limited technology. Just understanding the suits and the radiation and solar activity makes one wonder. If you understand the thermal dynamics of zero atmosphere or very limited atmosphere and the temperature differences and how immediate they are, then I think you may get it. Also, the gravity issue comes into play. An astronaut of say 175 lbs. with a 250 lb backpack on is 425 lbs. in earths gravity, mass is the same no matter the gravity...BUT inertia is different and the leaps these guys allegedly made do not show the difference to 1/6th gravity at all. If you could jump a foot or so on earth at 425 lbs, it should equal out to 3 to 4 feet on the moon. The "hops" these guys were making are so lame as to be unbelievable. Cable assisted if you will, the rate at which the astronaut jumps as to the rate of decent is wrong. Again, if you know any kind of physics you would see that, study motion sometime, it is quite fascinating. Not saying I don't believe it isn't possible to go to the moon, just am not convinced we ever did and know the money trail behind it. Thats enough for me.

The moon landings were a feat of engineering and of daring, they took a chance and pulled it off, get over yourself. If you actually knew as much as you let on then you would see it for what it is, the hoaxers are con-men, their theories do not hold water, there were over 400,000 people working on the Apollo missions and not a single one has ever come forward to say it was a hoax! Keep in mind that these were smart people, and not easily fooled, for many of these people the very idea of faking a landing would've been downright wrong and we should have many who came forward, but we don't.

Some of the main and original proponents of the faked landing theories have been proven to be deliberately lying and altering pictures and footage, but I don't see any hoax believers taking that into account, muppets.

Here's just one example:

Explain away this video:

edit on 20-5-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Sorry, I have done the math and have researched it with people who worked in Houston and at NASA in florida. I have seen both sides of the argument. I have studied physics and witnessed the television broadcast as a youth.

How is this for physics?

What "physics" are you trying to refute?

There is just too much BS roaming around and too much unknown theory about the true vacuum of space to believe that we were able to get there and back in the late 60's and early 70's with the limited technology.

Lame argument. That is just your opinion. We had tons of knowledge and study of space before the moon landings. You are aware there were practice runs before the physical landings, correct? We didn't just wing it in one go.

Just understanding the suits and the radiation and solar activity makes one wonder. If you understand the thermal dynamics of zero atmosphere or very limited atmosphere and the temperature differences and how immediate they are, then I think you may get it.

I do understand. I also understand how the suits are designed to withstand that. From the materials, to the internal water cooling. And even Dr. James Van Allen himself has stated what nonsense the radiation argument is.

Also, the gravity issue comes into play. An astronaut of say 175 lbs. with a 250 lb backpack on is 425 lbs. in earths gravity, mass is the same no matter the gravity...BUT inertia is different and the leaps these guys allegedly made do not show the difference to 1/6th gravity at all. If you could jump a foot or so on earth at 425 lbs, it should equal out to 3 to 4 feet on the moon. The "hops" these guys were making are so lame as to be unbelievable.

The suits were around 180 lbs. Please replicate a jump of that height with 180 lbs on your back without going into a crouch here on Earth.

They were not explosive jumps. They were just hopping. A 180lb man would have weighed ~60 lbs on the moon, space suit included. You can not refute physics.

Cable assisted if you will, the rate at which the astronaut jumps as to the rate of decent is wrong. Again, if you know any kind of physics you would see that, study motion sometime, it is quite fascinating. Not saying I don't believe it isn't possible to go to the moon, just am not convinced we ever did and know the money trail behind it. Thats enough for me.

Oh trust me, I have taken a few physics classes in my day. That is why it's so obvious that this was not faked.
Would you care to throw out some equations that prove that the "rate of decent is wrong"

Hell, would you care to show any proof that anyone was "cable assisted?"

Then you can explain why multiple independent observatories around the world have tracked the Apollo missions. Were they in on it too? Are the Chinese in on it when they recently stated they were able to see the remnants of the Apollo missions, in their correct locations, from their Chang'e 2 orbiter? (news.xinhuanet.com...) What about Japan? Japan located Apollo sites too. (www.optcorp.com...) Were they lying?

The LRO has even given some great pictures, but hoaxers reject them because they're taken by NASA. A supposed "unreliable" source although there is absolutely zero proof that NASA has ever lied about anything. But in the same breath, these same people will point at a hot pixel on a NASA photo and claim it is an alien ship, or some kind of alien base or something. The logic just blows my mind.

Like I said man, do some research. I understand you are trying to sound like you have, but anyone who really has is able to know better.

Can't you just accept the fact that humanity has completed an amazing feat? It's a hallmark of our history and you're dishonoring those who risked/gave their lives, as well as insulting the intelligence and capability of our entire species.

You accept zero proof (although hoaxers call it proof) and say it's a conspiracy. Then you reject real proof when it is given to you. Not everything is a conspiracy.
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Damn...beat me to it with that 2nd video. Oh well

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

That video proves nothing, the second object he threw only went like 20 feet, same as in earth gravity. It would be stupid to assume the material that bag was made out of too. How lame. Epic fail. I have done similar things in my back yard and at work, thrown something that went the same distances, and bags of course, with no wind will fly just like that, if the material is cloth and not plastic and they wouldn't open. How dumb.

You people will buy into anything.

Why would we need to believe the moon landings were a hoax? What do we get from that? What benefit does it provide us? Nothing, WHAT did it get our government? What did it DO for the people? Got the government and the corporations billions of dollars, got the people into a frenzy of patriotism, or so one would believe. So what is the truth?

Please. We don't need to argue this anymore, it is BS. There is no reason to call it a hoax, it benefits no one in any way to claim it to be a hoax. BUT, it furthers an agenda to "believe" it to be real. Plausibility.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by paradox

That video proves nothing, the second object he threw only went like 20 feet, same as in earth gravity. It would be stupid to assume the material that bag was made out of too. How lame. Epic fail. I have done similar things in my back yard and at work, thrown something that went the same distances, and bags of course, with no wind will fly just like that, if the material is cloth and not plastic and they wouldn't open. How dumb.

Epic fail huh? You accept unintelligent ignorant remarks as proof, but physics isn't good enough?
The energy put into the motion that sent it flying, the rate of ascent, distance, and rate of decline along with zero air resistance is proof. There are no two ways about it. Also not to mention the pendulum! This is cognitive dissonance at its finest.

I always see the arguments "yeah I can do that" but I have never seen anyone replicate it.
Could you do that for me? It sounds to me like it's a very common occurrence for you to defy terrestrial physics. Surely you should get this on film for all of us to see.

You people will buy into anything.

Excuse me for buying into undeniable proof.

Just don't throw stones in your glass house, you might break something

Why would we need to believe the moon landings were a hoax? What do we get from that? What benefit does it provide us?

It makes you feel superior to other people. You believe you are "awake" and everyone else is a "sheep." You buy into the big fad conspiracy theory because believing in history is just "too mainstream." You get your jollies denying the moon missions, don't lie. Why else would you post in these topics? So don't say "Nothing."

A lot of people make good money off of selling misleading books/videos to gullible people. In fact the whole attention of the mainstream moon hoax theory can be traced back to a BOOK by Bill Kaysing.

WHAT did it get our government? What did it DO for the people? Got the government and the corporations billions of dollars, got the people into a frenzy of patriotism, or so one would believe.

Yes, usually manned moon missions would cost money. That's silly.
Oh yeah, so patriotic that people got so bored of the moon missions that they complained to TV stations for playing moon footage instead of "I Love Lucy" reruns, right?

So what is the truth?

I have just told you. I know you will continue to deny it. It's not conspiratorial enough for ya.

Please. We don't need to argue this anymore, it is BS. There is no reason to call it a hoax, it benefits no one in any way to claim it to be a hoax. BUT, it furthers an agenda to "believe" it to be real. Plausibility.

Of course. Don't answer my questions. We just "won't argue." Yeah, it furthers a huge agenda to still believe man landed on the moon with all the evidence given.

But you can tell me China and India hoaxed their manned missions too when they set foot on the moon within the next decade like they have planned.

Later brah
edit on 5-21-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Why would we need to believe the moon landings were a hoax? What do we get from that? What benefit does it provide us?

It makes you feel superior to other people. You believe you are "awake" and everyone else is a "sheep." You buy into the big fad conspiracy theory because believing in history is just "too mainstream." You get your jollies denying the moon missions, don't lie. Why else would you post in these topics? So don't say "Nothing."

A lot of people make good money off of selling misleading books/videos to gullible people. In fact the whole attention of the mainstream moon hoax theory can be traced back to a BOOK by Bill Kaysing.

You pretty much summed it up there.

Moon landing deniers are just another symptom of our modern 'conspiracy at the bottom of your garden' day and age. Rather than objective, rational and un-biased study of the Apollo legacy we get a myopic and deluded world view being imposed upon the moon missions and almost every major historical event in the past hundred years. This is a growing trend of pseudo-scientific paranoid knuckle-headedness, and people like Kaysing are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

More BS, I don't buy the books and other crap out there. Never heard of kaysing or whomever the hell it is. I don't get my 'jollies" out of denying anything. I just don't see it happening, and if we were so quick to do it with so little, why is it taking China, one of the largest if not the largest industrial nation on the planet, so long to do it?

The Soviets could have done it way before us but did not want to risk men and failure, Hollywood was just better at setting it up. Please, there is no need for the crap flinging by you people who 'believe" in this. I am just as patriotic, read my other threads, I am actually trying to do something and educate others to do the same to stop this BS from occuring. You think soldiers go to war to protect and defend the people too I assume? No they do not, they go to these foreign countries to rape and steal natural resources for the Elite. Soldiers are idiots for going. They need to wake up along with all you others and see what has happened. History is written by the victors, it has nothing to do with truth.

And I would video all of the tests but others have done the same and get called all kinds of names. Who is stubborn here? One who "believes" something happened or one who just questions it and shrugs his shoulders?

No sweat off my balls if we didn't go. Big f_cking deal. I don't care, just sayin'.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Yeah well, you should check out who Kaysing is coz he's pretty much the one who started all this moon hoax crap.

The space race in the 50's and 60' was politically driven, the Chinese are under no such pressure to put people up there, they will eventually, and I can't wait to hear the muted silence from the moon hoax bunch when they confirm the 60's landings, which have already been confirmed more than once, but of course then the landing deniers will say the Chinese are 'in on it too' won't they?

Not one piece of hoax 'evidence' has stood up to scrutiny, not one, yet you still choose to thread on the path of suspicion, to me that is irrational.

edit on 21-5-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
For any experiment to be anywhere near 100% conclusive it has to be carried out UNDER ACTUAL CONDITIONS. I doubt very much that was the case in this instance.

Yeah, all they seemed to prove is how it's possible that it was faked! lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join