It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ecig user and have a serious question(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I just read on a site for blu ecigs/ that you can buy 5 cartridges for about 10 dollars. They then say each cartridge is worth around one pack of traditional cigarettes per puff.

Tell me I'M reading this wrong. I took it to mean one puff is equivalent to smoking a whole pack? I'm taking in a whole pack each time I puff? Or does it mean the price is SO cheap you technically are saving that much money per puff?
Here is the link and that info is found in the picture area, left side, first area kinda www.blu.net...

Also, when you first started them, did your throat feel odd? Not dried out per say but just..... there is a learning curve to get used to it yes? This is my second day using the Njoy ecig non menthol 1.8 nicotine.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Be careful with that electronic cancer-stick.

There have been cases of them overheating and exploding. One guy lost half his face to it...

The REAL story of Harvey and Batman...a tragedy of e-cigarette scandals.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
each cartomizer is the same as a pack (by puff...300 puffs per cart, 300 puffs per pack)

the burning sensation is the nicotine...perfectly normal
edit on 20-5-2012 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

that is extremely rare, like 1 in a billion....and was probably a cheap gas station model...and i assume operator error
edit on 20-5-2012 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Where do you think everyone goes to buy them?

People generally don't use the more expensive, customized models...besides, what's more convenient than a gas station? Refills are just down the street!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

i find it more convenient to have my refills delivered right to my door!!! and to have a good product with a warranty!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Funny...I didn't realize warranty replaces half of your face and furnishes a fresh set of teeth for your pleasure.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah I got mine for almost 100 dollars online from njoy.com

So I guess the best alternative is to return to my Pall Mall light 100 box because 5000+ chemicals are much preferred over purified water, citric acid, nicotine, etc,

"...The refill liquids usually contain between five to ten constituents that are all licensed for human consumption and considered safe, as against the 5,300-plus identified in the latest research into cigarette smoke, many of which are known to be toxic or carcinogenic." - www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

I think a 1 in a millions chance of 'having my face blown off'" is much better than the 97% chance of me getting lung cancer, COPD, cancer of the mouth, fingers, etc and killing my family from 2nd hand smoke. Though I DO appreciate your concern as it is VERY valid indeed.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just started using a e-ciggy
got the refillable kind. I recommend spending a bit of money to get a good one verses the cheapy stuff.
also, since I smoked a lot before, about 25 a day, I started on 26mg doses. (tobacco flavored initially, but am branching out and trying other flavors..some are better than others).

without trying, I have cut my cig count down to about 8-10 a day..again, without trying. I just have it right next to my computer (where I spend most of my time) and puff on it now and then.

As answered above, the weird throat thing is just the nicotine..also, there is a slight diffference between steam and smoke, so that will be a slight learning curve...but, you get used to that real quick actually...so no worries there...

just make sure, if your trying to replace your ciggies, to get the high dose 26mg initially, else you will just want a cigarette anyhow..you can slowly come down from there.

And ya, one puff = one puff...not one pack

Side benefit: I find with this nearby, and some flavors...I have slowed down my snacking also (mindless snacking, not the intentional stuff..but the mindless snacking is the biggest downfall anyhow).

They do have zero nic (flavored steam) stuff out..so, anyone whom wants to cut back on just mindless snacking might consider getting that.

There is some concern about long term consequences of using an electronic cigarette...not enough is known about it yet..but, whatever the case, it is much much better than smoking cigarettes.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Been "vaping" about 4 years myself!

I started out with the "Joye 510" model, and graduated to an "E-Power" which uses the same tried and true atomizers, and has MUCH cheaper batteries available. [They MUST have a protection circuit built in, or else, Yes, They could explode)

I buy my juice a liter at a time and step it down from 100mg/ml to about 36mg/ml and use a 18ga / 3ml syringe to refill my tank cartridge.....

I remember the first couple of weeks were kind of rough (I was NUTS!), as there IS a learning curve, Plus I think cigarettes have some other substances in them to make them more addictive.....

But that's MY opinion...

I figure I spend about $200.00 a YEAR on my new (hobby), And I'll never go back to analogs again.

"Hard lesson learned?"

NEVER use "Canned Air" to clean an atomizer!
It has a "Bitterant" added to prevent inhalation abuse, and is nearly impossible to get rid of.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
Yeah I got mine for almost 100 dollars online from njoy.com

So I guess the best alternative is to return to my Pall Mall light 100 box because 5000+ chemicals are much preferred over purified water, citric acid, nicotine, etc,

There is a minor (very minor) concern about the effects of acid on the lungs (over time...hell, it might do some good, burn off all the tar that accumulated over time). Also, the effects of water vapor in the lungs over time. Again, this might actually prove beneficial..who knows.

the who knows part is the thing that slightly concerns me.

oh, and about the case of exploding electronic ciggies...I don't see how that could happen..unless the guy was puffing on gas. its a battery, water, and a tiny elecronic vaporizer...no catalist..battery meltdown, but thats about as likely as a cell phone exploding.

Anything that warns of the dangers of e-cig explosions by siting a one in a million fluke is, just by guess, probably paid to amp up by big tobacco.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

where does everyone buy there juice? like 1 litter??? I just started using the E-Cig also i havent had a real cig in 6 days

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lithium+ion+explosion&oq=lithium+ion+expl&aq=0w&aqi=q-w2&aql=&gs_l=youtube.1.0.33i21l2.4709.10011.0.1284 1.16.11.0.2.2.0.153.1219.5j6.11.0...0.0.Y5h6XLUdc3s"

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to www.abovetopsecret.com...]post by trisvonbis

Right, batteries explode if you keep adding energy to them without a circuit to stop once full.

I am not an expert on this e-cig stuff, but I am just going to assume they have a circuit..nobody wants to be sued a bajillion bucks for a tiny scrap of electronic they need to put in.

new topics

top topics

join