It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese woman, 73, scales Everest for the second time, and breaks her own record..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi all

just thought i'd bring you some happy news - which is also quite frankly, amazing..

Tamae Watanabe has become the oldest woman in the world to reach the summit of the impressively daunting Mt. Everest... For a second time..!

At 73 years of age, i think she looks bloody marvellous, very happy and healthy..! I certainly hope that i will still be that able bodied and active when i reach similar years...

For the second time, a 73-year-old Japanese woman has become the world's oldest woman to climb Mount Everest, repeating her own record set 10 years ago, the company that organised the climb said on Saturday.

She first climbed Everest at the age of 63, in 2002... she has broken her first record and set a new climbing feat - scaling the 29,035 feet giant from the Tibetan side of the mountain.

uk.reuters.com...

Well i certainly think its an epic feat to achieve at any age IMHO..! But the fact that Watanabe has climbed it twice and in her older years, gives me inspiration and motivation to finally climb the mountain behind my friends house... i've been there 11 years and my friend 16 years, and none of us have managed to climb it..! And its a small hill compared to Everest..! Around 6/7 hours up and the same down - not the most hardcore hike either.....

This summer will definitely be the one that i conquer Lochnagar..!

Hope you all have a great day..! And get motivated..!

peace x)
edit on 20-5-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

join