It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Cops Confiscate (Steal) Families' Bail Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A lady in Brown County, Wis., pieces $7,500 bail money together -- using part of her disability payment, her tax refund, and some help from family members -- in order to get her son out of jail. She calls the Brown County jail to find out what to do next. The cops tell her: Bring CASH - No cashier's check or credit card. Just CASH.

When she does so, the cops have a drug-sniffing dog check out the bail money (CASH) and inform the lady that the dog alerted them to the presence of narcotics on the bills, and therefore, they would be confiscating the bail money.

It took her four months to get the money back from the cops, only after she got an attorney involved. AND even after the family produced the ATM receipts proving that they had recently withdrawn the money, along with providing documentation for her disability check and her tax return. EVEN THEN, the police tried to keep the money.

I'm still trying to figure out if I just read an article about the POLICE or about the MAFIA...

Article at:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah - well I remember it was said that almost all money shows traces of coc aine. It's because money circulates and people used to roll it to snort coke. People plop it down beside a pot tray that's being used to cut out portions for sale too. So a lot of money probably passes very close to drugs.

Narcotic residue on money should not be incriminating in and of itself because of this.

I read about a guy that had a large amount of money on him that got stopped on his way to a convention too - the article was called policing for cash. They confiscated his money after he volunteered that he had it.

www.newschannel5.com...

I have been seeing more and more stories like this.
It's a scam IMO and people need to stand up to this - this could be a huge threat to the cash economy.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So the police all across the country have become a mob of criminals it seems.
And no one in government will do anything about it.
Who exactly supervises them, or are they indeed a law unto themselves and free to do as they will?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aCurious1

These kind of leo are the kind that make people hate all leo.

There needs to be some regulation in place that prohibits nefarious acts like this from leo. If they carry out a premeditated action that does not have probable cause to be done, then it should carry a heavy fine and possible jail time.

The law should be made to prohibit premeditated acts without probable cause - the whole probable cause thing is just not enough of a safe guard.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Money is what they are after, through fines or holding inmates. They all scratch each others backs until they get the desired outcome. Justice is supposed to be blind, it appears its eyes are wide open when it comes to making a buck off of peoples freedom. This goes on in all different kinds of counties across the US, probably to the point where a lot of them shouldn't be recognized as a legitimate authority.

My suggestion: Find a county that has a good, honest sheriff and move there. The sheriff in my county is one of the best I've ever met, seen or heard of. I'll support this county and town unquestionably as long as I believe they have good people in there with a good head on their shoulders. They truly believe in doing things the right way with the right intentions.

The next county over from me is about as corrupt as they come, there is a huge rivalry between the two. Even the authority in my county doesn't hardly ever cooperate with them, unless it is actually something serious and not a jaywalker they want to make a few hundred bucks off of. The cops/judges here literally dislike the cops/judges in the next town over because of their corruption and they won't support their greedy version of "justice".

Freedom, it's a beautiful thing. People that live in my town love it, people that live in the next one hate it.
(Neither of them are actually St Louis county, I just put that up there because it's the largest city that's relatively close by)
edit on 20-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join