It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favorite 9/11 debunking tactics?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mine are;

*The government is so incompetent that they cannot do anything right.
* It's impossible that they could keep it a secret because so many people had to be involved, somebody would blow the whistle.
* So what if they lied to the people about almost everything they do?
*The only evidence truthers have is YouTube videos.
*They are covering up their incompetents not crimes.

And my favorite of them all is

*Truthers make things up because it's so much more fun to think that it's a government conspiracy.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lol, my dad used all of those arguments.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
Mine are;

*The government is so incompetent that they cannot do anything right.
* It's impossible that they could keep it a secret because so many people had to be involved, somebody would blow the whistle.
* So what if they lied to the people about almost everything they do?
*The only evidence truthers have is YouTube videos.
*They are covering up their incompetents not crimes.

And my favorite of them all is

*Truthers make things up because it's so much more fun to think that it's a government conspiracy.

Who says the government knew? The OS smells bad, wether it was government or not is beyond any of our understanding. The people who perpetuated said attack, knew what they were doing.

For your second point, it is more than possible to keep secrets. If it were impossible, how does the military keep its secrets?(fbi, cia, nsa, etc) How was the atom bomb kept secret for as long as it was? (Hint: People only know what they -need- to know to do their job, its a heirarchy, just like a Bank, the teller doesnt know what the supervisor knows, the supervisor doesnt know what the manager knows, etc, etc), also, death and torture are good deterrents to people talking, not to mention the media is also controlled, therefore anyone who does whistleblow is immediately demonized in the media and made to seem a liar.

The evidence is in plain sight. WTC7 for example fell into its own footprint, which is impossible to do without explosives. It didnt lean at all, it went straight down. I dont need a youtube video to prove that to me, its basic science. Things do not just freefall from fire.

If the government says something is not true, the opposite is usually so. Bush warned of 'conspiracy theories' about 9/11, why did he say that? What is the point in saying that?

The point is: The original story smells of bull#, Buildings do not fall into their own footprints easily, not to mention all the stories and videos of firefighters and police and people who were -on the ground there at the time-, hearing explosions. And the 'pankcake' theory they spout is garbage, if the building pancaked, how come there were no complete floors in the wreckage? How come it looked exactly like a bomb went off? How do you explain the thermite? And the structural support beams that were cut on a diagonal? gotta ask questions.

edit on 20/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

*-You thruthers always parrot the same debunked conspiracy sites!

*- My Brother in law saw the plane hit with his own eyes. Are you saying my brother in law is lying?

*-Oh, not this again, this was debunked a long time ago.

*-I am an experienced pilot bla bla bla...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was talking with my father the other day and some mention of 9/11 was on the radio, I told him it was an inside job. He replied,"...don`t believe everything you read and see on the news, people are saying it was a conspiricy `cos the americans are ashamed to admit they were out-smarted by a handfull of arabs with box-cutters!! A classic!!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Truther ;The firemen reported that there were explosions.

Debunker: So now the firemen are in on it too?
edit on 20-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't forget "Truthers are all scammers out to rob you blind..."

2nd

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If 9/11 was a conspiracy to start wars for oil, how come we didn’t go in Saudi Arabia? Most of the hijackers were Saudi.

So what if Bush did business with the Saudis ?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I try not to frequent the 911 forum. The ignorance is so rampant that it really is commical.

My favorite thing is undertanding how construction really works, how a structure is built, and what it takes for a super structure to support it's own weight, resisting gravity.

Almost every single person that makes silly replies has never worked in the construction industry, turned a screwdirver, or wrench themselves.

It really is simple that a structure consists of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of connections that all have a job to do within their operating specifications. If the piece or part is subjected to any stresses or forces outside of their specifications the piece or part can fail. A building is not a magical entity, they have certain guidlines that must be followed to be structurally sound and perform it's duty without any problems.

edit on 20-5-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Truther; But so much just doesn’t add up in the OS.

Debunker; you just don't understand how the real world works.

Truther : but the firemen said there were explosions in the area without any fire.

Debunker: that's irrelevant, they didn't know what was exploding it could of been anything because it's impossible to place explosives in the buildings.

edit on 20-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
I was talking with my father the other day and some mention of 9/11 was on the radio, I told him it was an inside job. He replied,"...don`t believe everything you read and see on the news, people are saying it was a conspiricy `cos the americans are ashamed to admit they were out-smarted by a handfull of arabs with box-cutters!! A classic!!!

What box cutters? As far as we know those calls never took place.Cell phone calls from jets did not happen

Also they say the government couldn't keep a secret. Someone would have come forward! Classic diversion tactic. People come forward. The mainstream discredits them, calls them nuts and conspiracy theorists. Then turns around and says, well how come no one has come forward??? lol.
www.corbettreport.com...

Also, will the real engineer please stand up? Please stand up?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... (Make sure to read the comments here.)

When you have to hire a fake project engineer to tell your side of the story you know you messed up.

Oh but the government wouldn't do that right? Oh wait! They did it the first time!
en.wikipedia.org...

No way they would come back to finish the job. Unpossible!

EDIT:
Speaking of people coming forward. Bin Laden died of natural causes.

edit on 20-5-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Truther; Barry Jennings said there were explosions in the WTC 7, and that it felt to him like he was stepping over people.

Debunker; he retracted that and said, he didn't say it was dead people he was stepping over.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Truthers; but the buildings fell almost strait down.

Debunker; So what are you saying? They were supposed to fall up?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Truther;

What box cutters? As far as we know those calls never took place.Cell phone calls from jets did not happen

Debunkers: So now the victims families are in on it too?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by tinfoilman

Truther;

Debunkers: So now the victims families are in on it too?

You wouldn't think so, but that's what the FBI is saying. That those calls never took place. I used to think there were box cutters too until the FBI came out and basically said that those phone calls never happened. So, either way, either the FBI is lying, or the family is lying. I don't care which it is, the debunker gets to pick.
edit on 20-5-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Truther; But Larry Silverstein said they made a decision to pull it, and they watched the building collapse.

Debunker: Pull it means to pull a building with cables, are you saying WTC 7 was pulled with cables?

Truther; How come secret service didn’t rush the President to safety?

Debunker: Because that would scare the children, and that school was a safe location because the secret service checked it before Bush got there.

Truther; But BBC reported that WTC 7 collapse 20 minutes before it collapsed.

Debunker: That's because they were confused and made an honest mistake.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

It really is simple that a structure consists of hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of connections that all have a job to do within their operating specifications. If the piece or part is subjected to any stresses or forces outside of their specifications the piece or part can fail. A building is not a magical entity, they have certain guidlines that must be followed to be structurally sound and perform it's duty without any problems.

Are you suggesting that piece A at the height of the impact zone was somehow responsible for holding up the complete structure, floors and colomns well below that section?

I don't think so, buddy. There is no reason whatsoever for the collapse of the structure, below the impact zone anyways.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Truther ;The firemen reported that there were explosions. Debunker: So now the firemen are in on it too?

Hahaha! So true!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To the "WTC 7 fell mysteriously" crowd, I like to use the eyewitness accounts of people who were physically there, like Deputy Chief Peter Hayden who reported the fires in WTC 7 were burning out of control and were causing massive deformations in the structure...and then I ask them "why is he lying?"

To the "no plane hit the Pentagon" crown, I mention the numerous people who were physically there from immigrants from El Salvador watering the lawn to programmers packign to move who saw the plane hit the Pentagon..and then I ask "why are they lying?"

To the "phone calls can't be made from the planes" I like to point out how flight attendent Renee May called her parents to report the plane was hijacked...and then ask "why are her parents lying?"

To the "there's no such thing as al Qaida", I point out the courier that was arrested in Vienna with documents showing Al Qaida was responsible for the 7/7 attack...and then I ask "Why is the Austrian government lying?"

More to the point, I ask "why is it that the only way the truthers can justify their conspiracy theories is by accusing everyone and their grandmother of lying"?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
For some reason I havent been able to debunk 9/11 as being an inside job. Too much evidence point to the fact that it was an inside job. So I decide to do the right thing and tell everyone I know and meet that it was an inside job. I have been telling everyone for the past 4 years now, and thats a lot of people.

I usually end with saying "its a really sad thing when the government kills its own people". That line usually gets thier attention the best for me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join