It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Van Slams Into Occupy NATO Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I remember watching similar footage from the Greece riots.

May 20, 2012 CNN

Later on they discuss the capture of 3 American "terrorists" who were supposedly planning multiple attacks on police, the mayor, and other key tactical locations. Then their lawyer argues entrapment.

To the police - are these actions (ramming crowds with vans) absolutely necessary?

To the protesters - don't stand in front of police vans, stand on the sides of them & roll them over.

edit on 20-5-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Honestly, I am not blaming the police for this one. However, side streets should have been used. I support occupy but marching down a road and not paying attention to sirens is a good way of getting run over.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

I think the police could have used alternative roads vs. possibly killing some of these people.

If one of those people in front of these vans slipped or tripped, they would have been killed. That's murder, especially if anyone not in a uniform did that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

As I stated in my above comment. I said "side roads could have been used". I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying. Be aware of your surroundings.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
"To Serve and Protect...." WHO?

This is uncalled for, Yes the protesters were stupid but fact is, the driver knew without a doubt that people were in the way, and could have called for backup to help him move the people out of the way before the van moved on.

This is AMERICA, Welcome to Freedom

fact they are only evoking the protesters to get violent. Maybe that's their plan, because I sure can't figure it out.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Everyone here should know my utter contempt for Cops by now.
That being said, If I were driving in a straight line and some douche bag stands in front of me and wants to play a game of chicken............HE IS GOING TO LOSE!!!!!

No one made these idiots stand there and they could have moved at any time.
If I stand on a train track and run towards an oncoming train I am sure no one is going to blame the engineer when I get crushed.
Maybe that's a poor example but that's the way I view it.
It isn't my job to stop people from killing themselves with my vehicle.
I have a hard enough time trying to resist running down these Lance Armstrong wannabes on their bicycles
much less slowing down for some idiot who wants to play chicken with me.
But hey, this is just my own personal baggage.

Don't get sucked into my warped way of thinking.

Now then,
I DO feel like this weekend the battle lines have been drawn and this summer will be historic.

Just my take on it.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Stand in front of a speeding vehicle, then complain when people get hit.

If they are dumb enough to do that then the gene pool needs some thinning.

It's gonna be a hot summer!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

If they are dumb enough to do that then the gene pool needs some thinning.

It is this reason alone I hope for a global cleansing
Our world is so full of idiots that will jump on a band wagon just cause the moron next to them says so. Protest Nato, dont fight with the cops.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hey......It could have been like this.........................

Really though,people need to be more observant. Anything can happen,at a protest,ESPECIALLY notorious Chicago.

S&F

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Run under a van. Get run over. Yell "police brutality!". Perfect photo-op.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is anyone suprised, we all know that this is what terrorist tyrants do.

I heard there were some real harden terrorists in chicago, real nasty ones, I heard they were singing kumbaya and everything.!.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If the cops wanted to "run him over" they easily could have. If you watch the clip carefully you can see the protester looks like he is a bit confused and thinks he is Superman and can stop a moving Van with his feet. Clearly an idiot. As the Van passes by, you can see brake lights. When running someone over, you don't hit your brakes. I have to side with Police on this one.

Really it reminded me of this future brain surgeon.

This Genius is dancing in the street and gets hit by an Ice Cream Truck. Want to know what the real travesty here is? This idiot sued the driver of the truck and won because the Ice Cream Truck was going too fast on a residential street.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is this the right video? Where is the slams part at?
The way it plays out for me the guy should be arrested for obstruction of emergency personnel no telling where they were trying to go.

And just what was the point of this in the first place? To try and make the police look bad?
Worked the opposite for me if that was the intention.

Although I figure the news also knows that I`d see this as a dumb move from a protester and not so much as bad policing or they wouldn`t be showing it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok, come on people, Stupid or not, they knowingly plowed through the crowd. If it were not the police and they would be charged with involuntary manslaughter, or attempted murder since it was flat out obvious that a person was in front of the vehicle, and as you can see in the video the person being pushed was (though an Idiot in the first place) was given no chance to get away once the vehicle started pushing him.

The person driving should be charged with attempted murder, stupidity is not an excuse for running a person over. This is police brutality at it's finest.

Several Hundred cops were in the area, they could have cleared the road in front of the vehicle.
edit on 20-5-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join