It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is *THE* domino you're waiting for, and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For those who feel a huge economic collapse is possible and/or inevitable, the biggest questions is when and how the dominoes will fall. There are a lot of vague predictions of when everything goes down, like "watch Spain" or "watch Italy" or whatnot, without much explanation of why that particular domino is such a big deal for the system as a whole.

So my question today is: when you watch for the dominoes to fall, what is the key tipping point in your opinion that will be "the sign the end has come" or the point where things will escalate rapidly, or the point where the average person's wallet will become worthless? We all know we're already in that slow downward spiral that is increasing in speed, but what to you will be the catalyst for the "It's A Wonderful Life" bank run-type moment of panic and realization for everyone?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

If I may throw my contribution out. I'm waiting for the fall, all at once. Not any one thing. I don't believe we'll have a big -Ah-Ha! moment to know the time is here and it's all coming apart. I recall vividly sitting in my bedroom as a teenager and watching in slack jawed shock as CNN told me the institutions my generation then could never imagine the world without, were turning to dust in a matter of days. Not weeks or months...but days. The Berlin wall, then Eastern Europe with one little hiccup in Romania to take care of with extreme measure..which the people did. Smartly. lol..

So I think it will be with the Western 'Empire' the whole system on this side has become. Not simply America. We're only one part of "The West" and Europe is a few steps closer to the tipping point. When it comes though, I really think the only domino we'll see is a "Special Breaking Report" of whatever finally trips the trigger. Then, it'll simply be days of almost non stop -BONG- noises from the cable news shows announcing yet another breaking report from another part of the formerly stable nations in free fall collapse.

Now aren't ya glad ya asked and I happened to be on for a bit before heading out to go see about getting in trouble today? I'm just full of all kinds of happy, cheery thoughts this morning!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Well.. Rather than falling dominoes, I'm waiting for the penny to drop!

As in waiting for the Americans to realise, times nearly up, take back your country now or it'll be too late, half the population might have to be arrested until the masses wake up! I'm hoping OWS will form a life of its own this year, it really is a good cause, and those against it are lazy bums making excuses not to join in, the cowards!

The next dominoes to drop will be another war in the middle East, further financial collape (if possible) and the police brutality issue.

I'm currently making a thread on the "Cabal", the elites in power, I only delved into secret societies the other week, and what I uncovered was shocking! We are truly up against dark forces, and I'm hoping and searching for a light source?!

Sh*ts gunna go down in the next few years, I think that's inevitable.

On a side note, how's everyone feeling assange is close to winning a senators seat in Ozzy land?

I think its awesome! America trying to extradite an Ausie senator lmaooo
edit on 20-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

All "dominos" are our own speculations of what we think might happen

I have been involved in protests and educating people for a year now, around the same time I woke up really but there is nothing major I can do on my own to fight TPTB.

I predict that the key "domino" will happen around December, the fact that is the Mayan prediction is not something I am relying on, is that I feel that a world revolution will start in America around a month after the presidential election.

Obama or Romney will win but a month after the election I just have this feeling that there will be so much evidence of fraud and that Ron Paul should have won instead that it will throw the US into a Revolution.

During the revolution groups of people, possibly Annonymous related will start taking over TV networks and spreading the truth, as the US is the centre of world media the message will be spread through mainstream, reaching a large portion of the world population and spreading the revolution world wide to other countries where there isnt a major uprise yet.

I think we will go through a 5-10 yr long "Dark Age" which will be to filter out all corruption, bankers, polititians, greedy corporations, etc... and then we will enter a "Golden Age" in which countries will pride themselves on the ability to provide for their citizens, not enslave into debt then and brainwash them.

But whatever happens I feel that we, as a species need to really set it in stone that the banking cartel is evil and should never, ever be allowed to control us again... perhaps there is no way to stop history from repeating itself? hope there is anyway because if all the good that comes out of this means we will all be back to the same enslavement then it was all in vain.

The beginning is near, peace.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I am waiting for the DOW Jones to pass 8000 and continue to drop by 200pts/day.

It suffered similar drops before the Great Depression was official.

According to one source Greece has already defaulted.

So right now we are all in a state of limbo.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Right now where I live you would think there was a global economic boom. They are building more houses, buildings and condos here than probably anywhere on the planet in alberta so if there is a housing collapse it will be cause by the s hitting the fan so to speak.

my problem atm is how to delegate work that seems to never end but I realize most of the world isnt doing as good and even alot of Canada is not doing as well as Alberta. If there is economic pressure that that will eventually hit here than I know its just a matter of time.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I believe the domino will be oil prices and/or availability (whether it be real or contrived). That domino could be triggered by a middle east blow-up.

Transportation costs could skyrocket, making it impossible for people without the means to get basics

It's amazing how quickly things can spiral out of control when grocery stores can't get shipments of toilet paper.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I suspect it'll start with something relatively minor and snowball such as a assassination or a bad day on the stock exchange if nothing like that happens it'll be the slow economic collapse of the EU that finally kills it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think the main thing will be when the president declares the united states to be in complete martial law lockdown and then alot of americans we be furious and then every thing will be in chaos only if the people dont stand up for everone and not just focus on them selfs.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It already has, the trouble is that there are many dominoes in the line before it reaches the point where the "dream" of what once was is fully laid to rest.

Personally, I feel the Olympics has to take place, much like a recipe with a crucial ingredient, without it there would be no feast! We are that ingredient!

Then they can eat us!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When the police and military paychecks bounce then the bovine feces will hit the rotating blades...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It isn't about money, it's about quality of existence.

I'm waiting for the digital revolution to be recognized as a fail, and fail big. For satellites to be swept from the sky.

For persons to realize that government issue walkie talkies only foster technofascism.

That 'cell phone towers' are MIC.

I'm waiting for the Man.

See you next time around.

edit on 20-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the FOOD CHAIN to collapse! That's right........FOOD will be the domino! With all the obesity and overweight people...1 slip in the food chain...and things WILL get ugly, FAST! You think i'm joking? Once the stomach starts growling.....about an hour after the food disappears, things will get out of control QUICK! Imagine 1 day...with NO SUPERMARKETS????

For those of you that have never fasted.....i encourage you to do so! Get a taste of what it's like to STARVE! I've fasted several times...gradually leading up to a 3 day, no food fast. And, it aint easy.

The second domino to fall.....will be DRUGS; legal AND illegal.

Just a quick question....how sustainable do you think our lifestyles are? At some point...something has got to give. There's more people on our planet, less farmers/farmland, and more people that eat too much. So, you tell me.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well i guess this is
My domino

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
When China dumps the treasuries and abruptly stops exports to the US- hyperinflation and no more cheap Chinese things in the stores. Interesting to note: many of the tools, machines and parts we use and even the military uses, are made in China these days.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh, I only have 3 which will occur roughly within a short span of time...

Israel makes it to 70 years of age...

Saudi Arabia dumps the petro-dollar...

and the ISS makes splash down...

then the big event will go down, literally....

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I see either of the following;
war re-erupts in the middle east, oil is interrupted, petro prices go sky high, hyperinflation in days, fragile western economies collaps, China soon after.

or; natural disaster in U.S. (Yellowstone, New Madrid, Canary tsunami) causes economic collapse in the Americas, and in Europe (and then Asia) shortly thereafter.

either way, no fun. as I've said before, few people are aware of just how fragile 'the system' really is.
edit on 20-5-2012 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What is *THE* domino you're waiting for, and why?

-When Phage tells us to actually worry about the suns activity.
-When Aloyius The Gaul suffers Morgellon's Disease from riding in a helicopter directly behind a chem trail, in an effort to prove they are only benign water vapors.
-When Neo69 supports Racheal Maddow.

Meant in good spirits of course

Now on a serious note, martial law and/or civil war(s), followed by announcing/creating a one world gov would be a major 'domino' imo.
I also think one more "T" attack could crate a major shift in things too. See above ^

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Black swan. This is part of what Nassim Taleb suggests in his theory:

The disproportionate role of high-impact, hard-to-predict, and rare events that are beyond the realm of normal expectations in history, science, finance and technology

Take your pick but obviously finance is the front runner. My money's on Japan taking an 8+ quake and subsequent impact to reactor #4 or #3. That will unleash a global catastrophe that the likes of man has never experienced. It will be swift and it will send shock waves (pun not intended) & panic on a massive scale. I am long Geiger counters but stocking up on beans, bullets and bullion

Black Swan Theory

brill
edit on 20-5-2012 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

You're in athens of all places at this moment in time and humanity, and that is your contribution to a discussion on when things will go bad... wow!

On topic:
As someone said before, I think it may be some sort of glitch in the food chain which finally turns out to be the straw that broke the dying camels back. Where I live in quite a large city in the UK, if some people had to go a day or two without their fix of cheap and easy food, it would cause serious, and I mean serious implications on the general public.
If more people cared less about shoving copious amounts of garbage into their mouths, and more about the government raping us all left right and centre then we might actually start getting somewhere. Forward like, instead of just waiting for something to give.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join