It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Religious People Do the one job that God created us for.???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Doesn't fit what the Bible says of it:

Ezekiel 16:49-50 49 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. 50 "Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

Where do you get that information from?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

yes it does fit.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

The strange flesh Jude refers to are the two angels who visited Lot. The Sodomites seemed to be well aware of the forbidden intermingling of fallen angels and humans that happened before the flood and saw this as their chance to do the same, forbidden or not. Nothing about homosexuality there.

They gave up their first estate.
It's in the Bible, just look.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Thanks for that scripture, and for not giving me more than Jude 1:7. 1 verse out of context does not a whole picture make:

Jude 1:1-7

For instance:

4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
It's not just the licentiousness. They also deny God. Part and parcel.
Or:

5 Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

Oho! So now, it's about a lack of belief? This supports the verses I already put up.

Look, by the time homosexuality is brought into the picture, every time, there's a lack of belief in the things God does, says, or is. Then comes in the homosexuality--and other things.

Same thing in Romans1:19-32
Which state:
1. God is blatant.
2. They knew Him, then they chose not to honor Him.
3. They gave in to foolish thinking practices, and started making the creation their gods.
4. So God gives them over to the end result of their behavior.
5. Then the unnatural sexual practices.
6. Then God gives them up further, to a fully depraved mind.
7. Then comes the comments about them being worthy of death.

Things you get from this, that Christianity rarely teaches:

1. Homosexuality is not the lowest evil on the totem pole. Generally, the Christian Right treats homosexuality as worse than abortion. I never got that, although I was raised in groups that thinks like this. (Seriously, I can count on 1 hand the number of anti-abortion sermons vs. the countless Homosexuality is EVIL sermons.)
2. The cause is not Homosexuality. It's no where near the beginning. It comes after giving up on God, and God reciprocating the behavior.
3. there's rarely any moment in time where the issue is only about 1 sin that we must all focus on. To focus on 1 sin is to be misdirected.

Look, even the link I put up mentions the homosexuality, after the main cause, so it's not like the verse I pulled up was even inconsistent with your reference.

Ok, so back to Sodom:
In the Middle East, hospitality is still a dominant force in their culture. When you are a stranger, not coming in with the might of an army behind you, you are in danger of being subjugated by the society that you are traveling through. This is still true in 3rd world countries, and sometimes even in our own. There's some parts of nearly every town you don't go through if you want to 1. come out alive, 2. not be harassed by the police. What the men of Sodom did was use "homosexuality" as the tool to not take care of a stranger who passes through. And if you won't take care of a stranger, what do you do to those in your own society who are defenseless?

So, God's hearing people cry out against Sodom, and sent someone to investigate. Why He did it this way in the story, I'll never know, but He did.

It's nice to note at this point that after the men of that town were struck blind, they still continued to search for the door. Think about it: something has the ability to strike me blind, I'm getting the heck out of there before it does more damage to me. That is sane reasoning. Getting even cannot happen when you can't exist on the same level as the creature you face. Yet they tired themselves out, looking for that door. That's more than merely liking man on man action. This is full blown depraved mind, that attempts to prey on the weak in society, without stopping to take a glimpse at sane. This is what we try to lock up in our jails, at the very least.

Now, does this change the fact that, Biblically speaking, Homosexuality is a sin? No, not one bit, and all sin is what makes us worthy of death. But when we focus only on the homosexuality, we're missing the big picture.

Besides, my point with the original scripture I pointed out was why the Jews of that particular time were equal or worse to Sodom. And they were getting berated by that prophet for not taking care of those in need--not for Homosexuality.
edit on 22-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: added K, dropped ' to thanks, and changed link to scripture. Nothing else.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree with all that. You missed my point though.
The homosexual acts with Angelic beings was part and parcel with their corruption and they sought sexual union with them for the sake of their powers.
You are fixating too much to see clearly. My point is simple, the homosexual act wasn't the goal, it was the vehicle.Scripture supports this. Why and how did the fallen angels give up their first estate and why?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Fear not OP

Religion is simply a mask for natural selection. Free-thinkers know what's right and what's wrong. They know what's important

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

the problem with most religious people is that they think religion is a word.

it is not.

it is truth.

whether it's the word of jesus, buddha, krishna, tesla, einstein, or rutherford, it's all trying to say the same thing.

LOVE your fellow man, HATE nothing, and then you can do ANYTHING..

what's the difference between a brown and a white egg? i'll tell you, NOTHING!

"DON"T THINK, LAUGH!" -God
edit on 23/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
im an agnostic and i jus wanted to say that your question/theroy is the best one iv heard in along time makes since to me.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There is no reason to believe God would create things to be balanced. That is simply your perspective and view point. Humans always assume to know gods intent when the words supossedly espoused by god say nothing of the sort.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

We never left the Garden of Eden, we trashed it....This is was a beautiful world full of life and food for everything and we trashed it. one job and we screwed it up. Where do people think we are going to go once we destroy this world, nothing habitable is within reach for us. Venus won't be ready for a long time. I wouldn't want to live on mars in a settlement. No aliens are going to relocate us and cause another planets destruction and I doubt if god would save our A$$.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You guys talk about Sodom & Gomorrah like it really happened. Maybe I'm slow or something, but I'm struggling to see the conspiracy here. This thread started with a religious accusation and has been followed by just more of the same. Controversy maybe, but where's the conspiracy?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Ahhh.

/Sigh.

And

waiting for the other paw to drop

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PartTimeBrewer

Hey, I've been studying that and I think something did happen to the cities. I'm sure that the reason wasn't exactly as the bible says it was but it's possible that some advanced race did destroy the corrupt cities. I think there were advanced people back then that could have blown up those towns. China had gunpowder back then and it's possible that there were even more advanced weapons. I can't discount anything because of lack of evidence. There is no evidence that proves that nothing occurred so..............

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by PartTimeBrewer

Hey, I've been studying that and I think something did happen to the cities. I'm sure that the reason wasn't exactly as the bible says it was but it's possible that some advanced race did destroy the corrupt cities. I think there were advanced people back then that could have blown up those towns. China had gunpowder back then and it's possible that there were even more advanced weapons. I can't discount anything because of lack of evidence. There is no evidence that proves that nothing occurred so..............
[/quote

"history never repeats itself, but it does talk in rhymes" -mark twain

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

There have been ruins identified that might have been from Sodom and Gomorrah. They show signs of a probable calamity. However there is no sure evidence of what that was. Of course if you only want to believe something that works the same portion of your mind as does science fiction, you can imagine all sorts of low-odds events, eg. space invaders or wrathful deities. But an earthquake not only fills the bill but is far more likely. Of course some bronze age yokels in tents that had a grudge against the city-slickers might have seen it as just Karma.

As far as Chinese gun-powder goes, the timing is off by close to 3,000 years. This is the bronze age not the dark ages in Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join