It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Religious People Do the one job that God created us for.???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Religious people believe God created everything.... the planet and everything on it.... yes ?

For this to work he would have to make everything balance out, so that any one thing would not take over the world.

So there would be animals that eat plants to keep them under control and animals that eat animals so the afore mentioned don't eat all the plants, because without plants there would be no oxygen to breath.... I'm sure you get the picture.

It's all about balance..... yes.

Then God created mankind with super intelligence and in his own image... why ???????

It's obvious....not to whorship or pray to God.....but to...PROTECT GODS CREATIONS....
are Gods creations not good enough for you. ??????

All I have to say now is.... DO YOUR JOB....Stop The Powers That Be messing with Gods creations.

The original sin was when some people walked out of the garden of Eden and decided they could rule mankind.

All people should do as above I singled out religious people because they should know better, perhaps we would have better technology now if we protected Gods creations.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think the problem started when the great bearded dude in the sky told all the christians in the US to vote republican and for GWB because he repesented wholesome christian familly values..

and then, like all the other guys the great bearded dude in the sky has said to vote for, he turned out to be a substance abusing buy sexual satanist...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dontlaughthink

Good Post

By the way, original sin was when Eve, and Adam, disobeyed the command to not eat that particular fruit - they were kicked out and guards (read Angels) posted at the entry so they could not get back in.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

All I have to say now is.... DO YOUR JOB....Stop The Powers That Be messing with Gods creations.

What makes you think religious people have not been fooled by their churches, mosques and synagogues? What makes you think that there is no priest, imam, or rabbi who speaks in his own favor, out of his own experiences?
What makes you think this is not all part of a/the plan?

Very little is the number of those with true faith. What makes you think people are not actively trying to hold back progression?

Instead, you lay a burden of perfection on the shoulders of those mislead.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
38 thousand types of christians all claiming to be that small amount of the true believers
i vote we do a couple seasons of last man standing to see who they really are

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
38 thousand types of christians all claiming to be that small amount of the true believers
i vote we do a couple seasons of last man standing to see who they really are

True BELIEVERS? I seriously doubt it. They may "believe" on Sunday....but Mon-Sat...they live like everyone else....CARNALLY MINDED and WORLDLY. Do you know how you can tell, who's a "believer" and who isn't? F.E.A.R.! See how your 'Christian' friends act...when the bills are due. See how they act, when problems arise. Where is their "God" then???

And, if you think God needs LOTS of Warriors read: Judges 7.

"Many are called but few chosen!" (Matt 20:16)

To be completely honest....if people would STUDY the B.I.B.L.E. for themselves....like they've studied these conspiracy theories....they wouldn't be so confused as to WHO God is, and WHAT God expects of HIS CHILDREN!!! The B.I.B.L.E., is not the DOOM AND GLOOM book, the world has made it out to be. It's a book of faithful BELIEVERS, and DISCIPLINED FOLLOWERS. The term "Christian" didn't come about til the book of Acts 11:26 (which most people probably didn't even know) Before then, like i said...they were called DISCIPLES!

Also, read the book of Romans...starting at chapter 3. God explains EVERYTHING in detail, regarding what the law is, and what faith is. Life's answers are in that religious book, people love to bash and discredit so much. The real problem is.....people are LAZY. It's much easier, just to go to church. Ain't no time in the day...to get my study on. Praise and worship??? Man PAH-LEASE! Can't you see i'm busy??? But, soon as disaster strikes, "can you send me a prayer"?

What do you people think God is a "genie in the bottle". Maaaaaaaaan study to show YOURSELF approved. (2Tim 2:15-16) Oh, and if you want to know if someone has 'studied' the word of truth....give them a B.I.B.L.E. and ask them to find a certain book....like saaaaaaay Malachi.

Oh, and don't worry about the "end of the world"....because anyone's world could end...at any moment. LIVE YOUR LIFE....KNOW GOD'S WORD FOR YOURSELF.....and LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

super intelligence

Okay sorry, I know your name is dontlaughthink, but that had me laughing pretty hard.

In the Bible God's first "command" is for Adam to name all the animals in the garden, after this God's next command is to "be fruitful and multiply" and so on and so forth. Maybe there are religions that teach the protection and conservation of nature and animals but Christianity doesn't seem to be one of them. That doesn't stop Christians from valuing 'creation' of course but it means they must arrive at this conclusion themselves. While I think we need to treat this planet with far more respect I don't subscribe to the idea that we were somehow created as care-takers of this planet (I don't believe we were even created to begin with).
edit on 20-5-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I think the problem started when the great bearded dude in the sky told all the christians in the US to vote republican and for GWB because he repesented wholesome christian familly values..

and then, like all the other guys the great bearded dude in the sky has said to vote for, he turned out to be a substance abusing buy sexual satanist...

Actually, the "great bearded guy in the sky" didn't tell us to vote for GWB. He gave all of us GWB as our fitting leader - after all, our society has kicked God out of schools, homes, laws, marriage and church. Think He'll give us somebody with our best interests at heart? He'll give us our enemies to rule over us until we REPENT. The pressure will continue to grow until we either choose repentance or to rebel further.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
makes sense , but i think theres a little more purpose in this life than just protecting God's creations.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents:

Chapter 1 man (male and female) made in THIER ( Elohim - GODS) image were to be fruitful and multiply and be masters over the fish of the sea, birds and all living animals. These people were only to eat plants,nuts and fruits.

Chapter 2 man was a totally different race of people and were cursed to till the soil from which they were taken.

BTW...if there is such a thing as original sin it was STEALING. Man and his wife stole fruit from the tree Yahweh planted and owned. Yahweh made these people for the SOLE purpose to work in HIS garden that HE planted. He allowed these people to eat from his garden but not from this one tree. So if you consider SIN , breaking one a Yahwehs 10 commandments....disobeying Yahweh is not one of them but STEALING is.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It seems odd that someone would not realize that Man had fallen from Grace, and as a result (it was actually Eve that started it) we were born in Sin from our inception.

There is emnity placed between the Seed of the woman and the Seed of the Serpent. At the time when man was cast out of Eden all the birds and all the animals of the earth were instilled with a natural disposition to fear man; because we are no longer "at one" with the Kingdom of this earth, no longer were we perfect.

Besides, we all know who governs this earth and it isn't GOD, not yet anyways. So why would there be any sense of "balance" until it is all brought back into balance within us and through us? We have always been on that path to correct this great undoing.

It is good though that GOD has mercy upon us and has allowed us to carry through to the means of this all coming to an end; but, through our "re-birth" as a true member of his creation and not manipulated via that old Serpent who will spend eternity upon his belly, we can overcome ourselves.

GOD separated us from Nature for a reason. Of course he cared enough to allow us our Beasts and our Egos as we attempt to discover HIM. We are under His Graces, but we are not expected to be Graceful about it, not yet anyways.

To some, I suppose, this effort to bring us home gives them the right to not care or to appropriate themselves further from the Truth; it is up to us to realize our Salvation depends on our understanding and Belief in Him.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
God created man in his image, we were supposed to care for the garden. Eve then Adam sinned and humans were kicked out of the garden. Our original purpose was to care for the garden and worship God.

Today many that claim to be Christian do not care for the environment, many in fact don't see any reason to care for the Earth because we are living in the end days. Is this a sin?

Many religious leaders in the US teach the prosperity doctrine, or worship God and be rewarded by wealth. This of course never worked for the many people who were poor down threw the ages. Is this living in more sin?

In my view native tribes and cultures live there lives according to Gods will more than Western/Eastern civilization. Who are the sinners and who is more God fearing?
edit on 20-5-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Very well said..... If more people would get them words written by man out of their heads, we could save our planet.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by LDragonFire

Very well said..... If more people would get them words written by man out of their heads, we could save our planet.

you sound like a great man blessed with deep discerning abilities. I am hoping you can share in this with all of us all that you have gleaned that lead to this. Please share what lead you to this enlightened state so that we may learn from your leadership

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Ahhh.

/Sigh.

And

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
the only way to even out the balance of humans is to renounce modern technology. With modern technology there is no balance and we will destroy the world.

Life would be harder yes.

Humans would actually evolve into stronger beings... which we are not right now... you know survival of the fittest.

Your life would have more meaning though.

Your life would seem longer.

Technology is the destruction of man.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Remember the incident with the quails in the Bible? Were the Hebrews more important than a few thousand quails? No they weren't. God brushed a large group of these birds toward the Hebrews because they were hungry. They killed every last one of them and that ticked off God. He started killing people left and right because of over indulgence. Quail survival was important to God in this matter and he didn't want them to go extinct in that area.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
the way some of you talk about Adam and Eve, i'd swear it's almost like you're trying to say it really happened.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
1. Frankly, the Bible's more concerned over how you treat the poor HUMANS than the animals. After all, the Bible states that Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed for Gay practices in quite plain language.

2. Yes, we're caretakers. But part of caretaking is CULLING HERDS (makes sure that the resources match the amount of animals using the resources), SETTING MARSH FIRES (encourages new growth, to produce more food so culling can be delayed), clearing out the natural underbrush in fire-prone forests, make more animals commercially viable (if we can farm an animal and make a profit off of selling something of it, we breed them and take care of them better than they could be in the wild, and we usually increase their numbers), ect. It's not all "Save the Whales" folks. Sometimes doing the best for a species as a whole is to do stuff that looks damaging, on the surface.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

ACTUALLY, sodom and ghomorah was destroyed for intermingling with the fallen angels where the sodomite practices began. Thats why they wanted to take Lots angelic guests. It's through that practice that the spiritual "gifts" or abhorations were passed on. Even today thats how the shamans pass on their "gifts" to their prosyletites.
It was a depraved community and a forunner of why the flood was necessary to wipe them all out. It's something that todays mtv culture has a hard time understanding but ...
Spirits are bound by water and our bodies are a shell of water that can house them. We become a vehicle for them if allowed. It is through intercourse, especially anally that they can pass from one to another. It was a practice that became too common back then where all flesh had become corrupted from it. I have to wonder what times we live in now...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join