It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Steeler Dies In Cop Chase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
(AP) A former player for the Pittsburgh Steelers led troopers on a 40-mile high-speed Thursday before driving into oncoming traffic and dying in a fiery head-on collision with a tanker truck. State police identified the dead motorist as Justin Strzelczyk, 36, an offensive lineman with the Steelers for nearly a decade until the team released him in 2000. The tanker truck driver was treated for minor injuries and released, but no one else was hurt, police said.

www.cbsnews.com...

Troopers said Strzelczyk was traveling at nearly 90 mph before the rush-hour collision on the New York State Thruway in upstate New York. He was ejected from his pickup truck and both vehicles burst into flames.

I wonder if drug or booze was involved, he was involved in a hit and run earlier in the day.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i can't see how booze or drugs weren't involved. it really makes me mad to see people that are born with a gift throw it away like that. i have to go to work everyday just to pay the bills. how stupid would you have to be to take a, what is probably a million dollar contract and just throw it away

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well he's just thrown his talent away. By taking drugs or drinking alot of alcohol, this could happen to any person.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minime
Well he's just thrown his talent away. By taking drugs or drinking alot of alcohol, this could happen to any person.

Like Ricky Williams.

IBM

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well thats one less criminal the police have to worry about. I agree that he was stupid for throwing away his life like this. Well at least the streets are safer, since he is gone. What a loser.

new topics

top topics

join