It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Another) Question About Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Who's to say that we don't remember them, sub-consciously that is? Maybe it is those exact experiences that cause us to make the decisions that we do. While we may not fully realize this, it is possible, isn't it?

Just my theory...I could be completely wrong...but, I really don't think there is a definitive answer here.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Way to pee in my cheerios.
What a depressing theory.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, a while back I posted this thread about reincarnation. ATS members really came through and shared some thoughtful answers.

So now I have another question, and I hope to pick the collective brain of ATS once again. My question:

If the purpose of reincarnation is to achieve enlightenment, then why can we not remember out past lives? I mean, we learn from our mistakes, so wouldn't it make sense that we remember those mistakes in order to avoid them again in our current reincarnation? Otherwise, we risk never learning the lesson simply because we can't remember the situation.

Can someone help explain this to me?

Gratefully,

smylee

A behemoth of a 'game' that spans many lifetimes...Object is to utilise FREE WILL to finally accept that you are not body or time, in a material and temporal situation...short, short answer...

Memory gives rise to...action by rote, and as other posters have alluded, it is the spirit in which something is done, that is more important...the only prize should be realisation of this spirit...not that doing something a particular way will get you somewhere faster, more efficiently...the realisation should be thorough and absolute, and a series of life situations (not necessarily in order) are required to illustrate the depth of this realisation...Free Will both helps us and stops us from advancing instantly, by creating 'red herring', lifelong situations that may or may not be relevant...but, are prompted by Free Will...which is how most sectors operate...which gives rise to good and evil (because of the Free Will to choose)...every 'cycle' lasts only a certain number of years...one cosmological discipline calls these cycles the in breaths and out breaths of brahma...

Before you leap headlong into this temporal, physical locum...you choose your situations (remembering that you have done this is another question) - and prompts every single one of us to ask - why?...what is life for? Some seek, find and 'get on with it'...others posit ridiculous scenarios about this being the only life we live, and waste semi-precious time (of their own, mind you) debating with believers and unbelievers alike...

If you personally do not remember being born...apart from asking your 'carrier'... how certain can you be that you were born?...it's not a philosophical dilemma...you agree to play a game in a playground...you are aware of the rules before you go 'in'...you are semi-aware of the rules while in the game...perhaps fully...the rest is you, coming to terms with playing properly and for the right reasons...everything else follows the protocols of this locum, with you, a willing (but forgetful) participant...

akushla

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

This is a very good point.

You have to have the right intent. If a person could remember their past lives then they would probably become lazy and just barely scrape by in this one.

It's kind of like when somebody is released early from prison on good behavior. Most of those people don't actually want to behave, they just did it because they knew they would get a ticket to cruise out of that prison cell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join