It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Another) Question About Reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, a while back I posted this thread about reincarnation. ATS members really came through and shared some thoughtful answers.

So now I have another question, and I hope to pick the collective brain of ATS once again. My question:

If the purpose of reincarnation is to achieve enlightenment, then why can we not remember out past lives? I mean, we learn from our mistakes, so wouldn't it make sense that we remember those mistakes in order to avoid them again in our current reincarnation? Otherwise, we risk never learning the lesson simply because we can't remember the situation.

Can someone help explain this to me?

Gratefully,

smylee

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
From what I understand. Mostly from the Edger Cayce readings, At the soul level you do remember. But if you did remember all your past lives and they were less than good, you could get so depressed that you would never move beyond those events. Not remembering is a bit of a blessing. As the lessons come up, you can now choose differently and then move on.

peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, a while back I posted this thread about reincarnation. ATS members really came through and shared some thoughtful answers.

So now I have another question, and I hope to pick the collective brain of ATS once again. My question:

If the purpose of reincarnation is to achieve enlightenment, then why can we not remember out past lives? I mean, we learn from our mistakes, so wouldn't it make sense that we remember those mistakes in order to avoid them again in our current reincarnation? Otherwise, we risk never learning the lesson simply because we can't remember the situation.

Gratefully,

smylee

If you were aware you had made mistakes in a past life and brought that knowledge with you to a new incarnation - You may well act out the situation in the right way - However would your intention or attitude have changed.
For example - Often say a physical bully at school learns as they get older that such behavior is not acceptable so changes their actions - This does not mean they have overcome the want to bully others but have modified their behavior to be more socially acceptable.
The bullying aspect may come out then in different ways such as mental bullying.
I think you have to live your life as if every day is a new day - a fresh opportunity to do what you see as the right thing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Reincarnation is the opposite of enlightenment.
Enlightenment is the realization that i am not meat.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

All the symbols in the Bible represent their root meaning. The temple is the body. The veil that separates the soul from the spirit is what you refer to. The veil allows us to live with free will and apart from duplicity. According to Hebrews 9:27, the person lives once. We are then judged. Jesus said you must be born again. Hebrews 9:28 then reveals when our salvation comes and when the veil is lifted. 1 Corinthians 13 reveals what we see by the experience when the veil is lifted and we once again see God face to face. Life becomes a reflecting point. Reward becomes our later rank in heaven, least to greatest. Choices now determine our later state. Some will fail to overcome and will instead embrace unbelief. Faith allows our development. Transmigration ensures we are given ample opportunity for divine justice to be given. If faith is present, God can then work to increase our faith until we finally see through his eyes.

If there was no veil, we would not be free to fail. Failure brings success by overcoming. It must be faith and not fact to avoid duplicity.

My personal belief is that we are the 1/3 of heaven that fell. Not sure, but it makes sense.

edit on 20-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If the purpose of reincarnation is to achieve enlightenment, then why can we not remember out past lives?

Look at all of the movies which involves time travel. Usually the hero constantly goes back in time to a moment where a mistake was made. Eventually something clicks and they 'instinctively' know what is the best path to follow. This is the same as life, where the same major mistake during a previous life is not repeated.

If a spirit hasn't been forgiven then they are returned to their masters (fallen angels, negative entities) on the day their body perishes.

Fallen angels/aliens have technology that can program anything into our heads.

The lost spirit is then tortured into submission to return to this world to cause maximum pain and suffering to YHWH's people.

From what I have learnt, my memory was almost completely erased so that I would stand a chance of being forgiven by witnessing Tartarus in the company of His fallen angels.

YHWH has designed everyones path to their choosing before the day they are born.
YHWH builds our perfect path.

This is why life is so easy when having faith in YHWH where the path He gives a person has the least amount of bumps.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

Gratefully,
smylee

The purpose of life on Earth is to learn all that you can, to evolve as much as you can, and to develop your Spiritual Energy to it's highest degree for Balance, Purpose, and Joy. When you come into the world, you pass through the waters of forgetfulness. The level of forgetfulness varies from person to person. Most forget all, or most, and forget the rest as parents and friends treat you to baby talk and tickles, and play. Some memories are so strong they cannot be forgotten, and we experience Deja Vu, and relive past life events over and over. If when born one remembered everything from the previous life time, life would have no purpose, making mistakes is how we learn. A life lived without learning lessons is a life wasted.

I went thought past life regression a few years ago, plagued by memories and suffering from PSTD, I saw no other choice. This was performed by a PHd, and I had six sessions. Sometimes I wish I had not down this. Certain movies, certain music, triggers past life memories. I wake up at night sometimes with smoke burning my eyes, and the sound of artillery and gunfire ringing in my ears. Having a memory of the death sequence is traumatic to say the least, and horrifying to say the most. I see people all the time that I "know" but do not know. It takes a strong mindset to live through the confusion sometimes.

Hope this helps to answer your question seeker.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The whole point of 'enlightenment' is to feel lighter. If you carry around 'your individual past' forever it is very heavy. To reincarnate means to carry 'your identity' as a cloak forever, building more and more onto it.
Enlightenment is to throw off that cloak, that mortal chain and be free of past or future identity.

The only thing that could be reincarnated is an idea about who you think you are.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I get what your saying but there is an exception as in an evolved soul who chooses to incarnate to Earth

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

I get what your saying but there is an exception as in an evolved soul who chooses to incarnate to Earth

There is no other place or time than where you are. No where else to go ever. You have not been somewhere else 'before' and you will go nowhere else 'after'.
'This' is all you will ever know.
Where you are, when you are, is it, all of it, nothing else.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

If the purpose of reincarnation is to achieve enlightenment, then why can we not remember out past lives?

Look at all of the movies which involves time travel. Usually the hero constantly goes back in time to a moment where a mistake was made. Eventually something clicks and they 'instinctively' know what is the best path to follow. This is the same as life, where the same major mistake during a previous life is not repeated.

If a spirit hasn't been forgiven then they are returned to their masters (fallen angels, negative entities) on the day their body perishes.

Fallen angels/aliens have technology that can program anything into our heads.

The lost spirit is then tortured into submission to return to this world to cause maximum pain and suffering to YHWH's people.

From what I have learnt, my memory was almost completely erased so that I would stand a chance of being forgiven by witnessing Tartarus in the company of His fallen angels.

YHWH has designed everyones path to their choosing before the day they are born.
YHWH builds our perfect path.

This is why life is so easy when having faith in YHWH where the path He gives a person has the least amount of bumps.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

Excuse me, but this forum isn't for religious propaganda.
Your first paragraph was just great as it is, then after that you turned it into a vessel of nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

There is no other place or time than where you are. No where else to go ever. You have not been somewhere else 'before' and you will go nowhere else 'after'.
'This' is all you will ever know.
Where you are, when you are, is it, all of it, nothing else.

youtu.be...

That is your way of looking at it perhaps
What I spoke of is mine

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

Gratefully,

smylee

Well, my take on reincarnation is a little different. I can only speak for myself though.

I see reincarnation as just experiencing something again over and over to see on a soul level how "life and the universe" works. You experience periods of time because a human lifespan is short enough to get only a glimpse of the creature called Human. So you have to live through several lifetimes in order to get whatever the bigger meaning is. I think a lot,but not all people,reincarnate over and over, not because of karma, but because of just the experience. We are spirit beings, and to me, we are a part of the creator experiencing itself in ALL aspects from every single angle possible. The only way to do that is to live as many lives as possible all at once, and through all time periods of said creation, such as a human being. But it goes deeper still, because once you step out of the human body and into the afterlife, you are just in another aspect of being a spirit being, experiencing itself in order for the creator to experience itself. This is how my mind sees things now. That doesn't mean that it is, just that is where I am at in my own quest to figure things out.

Past lives can be accessed and things remembered, but only if it is important to whatever it is you need to know. If you don't need to know that kind of information on a conscious level in this lifetime, you will never be able to experience it, or so I believe.

I don't see it as achieving enlightenment, I see it as just the experience, we do seem to be evolving on a spirit level, but enlightenment would only come through experience anyways, so maybe it is the ultimate goal, I don't know.

I got a glimpse of my last lifetime, but I think it was to show me about soul groups, which is something I am still working on understanding myself. Seems that some of us come in groups of people and we are somehow connected deeper with certain people who are in our groups. It also seems kind of specialized. Which lately has been making me wonder more about soul groups and reincarnating with people playing out different roles. But it is just passing thoughts, nothing I base my life on, other than to acknowledge that there does seem to be something to it.

I believe in reincarnation, and it was not something I was taught, it was something I found out from looking within for answers. I think enlightenment is over rated, and it is the journey much more than it is the destination that matters. Just my babbling thoughts.

Peace

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It might be like groundhog day.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
Excuse me, but this forum isn't for religious propaganda.
Your first paragraph was just great as it is, then after that you turned it into a vessel of nonsense.

So the simple FACT that all raphah's (plural: the Rephaim) have geographical locations on this planet where their spirits reincarnate and the OP Title having the same word Reincarnation doesn't click COINCIDENCE in your head.

Oh man, there is just so much deniel in this world.

You know, its going to be a real laugh when the nephilim rise and take control of this world again before the end of this year.

So just stick your head in the sand and deny reality.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think you all need to give the guy a break expect those inciting discussion, there is nothing wrong with discussion and development of an understanding especially a collective one. In all fairness this thread is just putting together thoughts and views on the subject of reincarnation if you believe its religious propaganda then please don't participate, don't be the one trying to prevent and disrupt discussion for moving forward and coming together.

Peace and love to you all.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I hate to be completely negative here but it is fairly naive to think our "souls" live past the death of the body.The soul dies with the body, because the soul is the body.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

Gratefully,

smylee

The soul is not meant to remember and learn specific human lessons nor is it meant to avoid experiencing mistakes, it is meant to experience an ascending level of consciousness from perceiving how things fit together in the human reality.

Different lives represent different levels of experiences for the soul to expand its consciousness. Once a soul finishes the experiences of one life, it would move on to experience the next life with its own predetermined set of higher consciousness experiences. Soul guides at the spiritual plane would plan the different kind of lives that the soul would need to experience one after the other. For example, after a soul has experienced being a primitive small-minded person, it would get to experience being a bigger-minded person in its next life.

If the soul would get to remember the lower-level human experiences from its past human characters, that could only take the soul(and current human character) back to a previously lower level of consciousness, which would hinder the soul from experiencing higher-level experiences in its present and future lives. Traumatic experiences would only distract the soul and its current human character. The human experiences found in each life belongs to the predetermined human reality so they do not belong to the soul. So the soul does not need to feel responsible for what its human characters have committed and experienced in past lives. Therefore, there is really no need for the soul to remember what its past human characters have experienced in past lives because it is not responsible for them.

Enlightenment is about experiencing an expanding consciousness to perceive the bigger picture of this reality. As the soul goes through many different lives, it would get to broaden its perspective of the human reality. Eventually, the soul would gain the necessary level of expanded consciousness and it would ascend out of the human experience.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am a firm believer in Reincarnation. i was not always, but there are so many documented cases that it cannot be ignored. I do not believe in Hell as a realm of eternal damnation and suffering. That is ridiculous and was a control created by the early church. The closest I can come to Hell is Earth and all the evil that exists here today.

In order to move to the next plane of existence we must achieve REDEMPTION, by becoming a spiritual creature. This does not mean having a relationship with Jesus Christ necessarily, but having a spirit filled with goodness and being in touch with all living things on an energy level, which is where ALL TRUTH is revealed. Almost everyone on their deathbeds is asking for what? REDEMPTION.

If they fail to achieve redemption, then they come back in corporeal form, (reincarnation), to try again. And they will keep coming back until they get it right.

Those who are REDEEMED,(familiar term?), go on to reside in the heavens as Ascended Beings.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What I would like to know is this: Is it really possible to make a promise to someone else to be in their next life? Would that promise be even carried after death and would it be upheld? I mean there could also be the possibility that the lessons you need to learn do not include this other soul being there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join