9 US troops killed in battle in eastern Afghanistan, Taliban claim

page: 1

join

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Taliban militants claim they have killed nine US soldiers in an attack on a US military base in Afghanistan's mountainous eastern province of Khost near the border with Pakistan, Press TV reports.

The French pulled out just in time and then this happens. The report also mentions 8 that were wounded. Something just is not right with the US Forces security procedures. We don't know if it was the usual rogue afghan troop or something different. As more countries pull out, the US remains more and more isolated on this situation. Britain's public is very against the war and they may be pulling out eventually one may think, but the US signed a lease till 2024 lol

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dude I can't view your link

I was briefed Friday about a mass casualty attack that was claimed by the Taliban to have killed a number of us troops which was infact propaganda - no us troops were killed - it was 2 afghani police and 6 civilians ( may have been 7 )

Just looking to see if this is the same event
I know we don't often agree - but honestly I just want you to know the truth dude

Like when the Taliban attacked Kandahar air base
A quick break down
Al jazeera turns up at the gate cameras rolling just watching the gate
5 mins later a complicated attack took place on the north perimeter fence -
A tractor borne IED drives toward the fence line ( in order to punch an access hole for forcess on foot ) hit a bump and prematurely detonated

The supporting insurgents all kitted out with suicide vests and AK's emerged from their hidey holes ready to get inside the wire
They see that the fence hasn't been hit and proceeded to rush the fence in an attempt that one of them would detonate themselves of the fence so the others could get on the camp and carry out their mission
Anyways - right next to where they decided to try and blast this wall a platoon of Canadians were conducting some counter IED trainig in some dead ground ( out of view )
These Canadians proceeded to shoot the insurgents before they could accomplish this ( or again they suffered from premature detonation )
a small hole was created in the fence ( by flying debris )
And some insurgents arm landed inside the fence line
No coalition casualties no sufficient damage
But al jazeera with a Taliban statement reported hundreds of coalition troops dead,multiple aircraft destroyed, runways damaged beyond use ect ect

Take things with a pinch of salt dude
But I will extend a hand - if you ever want some info to help in your threads feel free to u2u me

But to add to this
The UN convoy hit in Syria this last few days
Has been supposedly claimed by AQ
bollox !!!
I was briefed Friday - no one has claimed responsibility and that islamics/insurgents/ whatever you want to call em were totally silent regarding this attack ?????
What better way to get UN support in Syria than a false flag on a UN convoy

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Couldn't find anything that said 9 US troops were killed in Khost province. PressTV was the only entity reporting that.

The only thing about Khost was a suicide bomber blowing himself up at an Afghan checkpoint and killing 13 Afghani's.

Two US troops were killed in Kunar province in a rocket attack Friday.

tolonews.com...

www.stripes.com... 4

www.naharnet.com...

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 20-5-2012 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't know about this attack. I do know this. The thing about Afghanistan is the terrain. There are but few roads leading in and around the passes. These are ancient routes used throughout history. They are well traveled. And have not changed for millenia. All the locals know about the choke points and the surrounding mountain perches that view the most vulnerable points. As a hillbilly Mujahideen mountain man, I have all day to sit up there and watch the comings and goings of supply caravans and "patrols". They have to pass by there sooner or later and when they do...

These guys will be waiting. Even a big rock is a lethal weapon once it gains momentum. The russians had the same problem. The valleys are steep and the gorges deep. Its a lot easier to shoot down at somebody than up. Its a lot easier to block a convoy by blowing up the lead and trailing vehicle on a single road that winds its way thru the mountains. Its harder to fly in the passes because the terrain and turbulence make it difficult to navigate. Let alone being shot at from the valley rims. The caves have been there for centuries providing safe refuge from even the most sophisticated sensors and bombs.

Lastly this is not a war. This is an occupation. You don't win an occupation. The people will always be against any occupying army. Wouldn't you? And they are patient. Time is on their side.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Are you still having trouble with the link?

Here try it again like this:

9 Troops Killed

My Official source for casualties is icasualties.org. If it does not show up on there within a few days I will agree with you then.
edit on 043131p://5America/ChicagoSun, 20 May 2012 16:06:04 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Muchos gracias

I think it was my connection at the time
It's working fine now bud
I'll have a look see tomorrow, see if I can get some definative info
But it's looking like unlucky news reporting ( as can be the case with alternative news )
I'll post back here
Dependent on any classification of course but this is looking pretty open/shut kinda thing

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Okey dokey

I've checked everywhere I can
With everyone I can ( though I'll admit I'm not currently in a position to get a 100% int picture )
But there is nothing regarding 9 US troops being killed in one attack this past week
Press tv may have just reported the story from the Taliban statement ( as I've posted above )
As i said - unlucky reporting

But continue your investigation using your sources
I await your results

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Not too sound too harsh or I do not respect the soldiers for their willingness to serve their country (though if they have been duped or not can be debated), but 10 casulities once every blue moon is not that bad. US had just under 3000 dead in 10 years? I bet an American would be less safe on the Autobahn than in Afghanistan. At any rate its a far cry from the 50.000 dead the british suffered to the germans in one day of WW I .

But yeah the cost of the war continues to be a burden (to the taxpayer) if there isnt some kind of pay off at some point.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yea I am still waiting, it just takes my sources a few days to post the casualties. They are still reporting deaths from 5-18. If they post deaths on 5-21 and skip over 5-20 it will mean that no one died on 5-20 and you are correct.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yea I am still waiting, it just takes my sources a few days to post the casualties. They are still reporting deaths from 5-18. If they post deaths on 5-21 and skip over 5-20 it will mean that no one died on 5-20 and you are correct.

So, if your source takes a few days to post the casualties, and you say they are still reporting deaths from 5-18...then, why does your title say 9? Are you trying to get a leg up on the competition? Star hoarding, perhaps? What is your MO-TI-VA-TION???

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.presstv.com...

Taliban militants claim they have killed nine US soldiers in an attack on a US military base in Afghanistan's mountainous eastern province of Khost near the border with Pakistan, Press TV reports.

They added that eight US troops were also wounded in the assault, which allegedly occurred on Saturday.

That's all I can find. Even the site says 'alleged'.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well no - sorry unless your source gives more details ?
If it just has a date period and total dead it's not going to indicate a specific number on a specific day ?
Or does it provide specifics ?

The lack of news on this should be bit of an indicator
Unless its SF/BB related

To the above poster these numbers are date periods

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This is my specific source to confirm:

icasualties.org...

It provides all the details, inclusion name and branch or service, and date of death etc..
edit on 023131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2012 14:23:00 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: Link fix

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Cool cheers
Not a site I've ever visited ( or infact aware existed ! lol ) never needed it but will check it out shortly as ........... dum dum dum
i have wifi for a while
But I shall mark it for future use thanks

Edit - dude thats quite a site umm yeah

I hope you don't spend too much time there - that s##t will mess with your head

Reminds me of a time I HAD to do a week long D-day tour ( don't ask why )
Hated every moment
Standing on Omaha beach !
Like a f##king tourist !
Just felt wrong
I'll honour all that died there in my own way - not by walking on the spot of a massacre

But still I digres ( ah the perks of relative civilisation lol )

A good source

But ............do you really think it shows ALL US deaths ( or any nations for that matter )
Why would I say that ?
That means you could indeed be correct, 9 US dead - and that it could possibly, not be listed ( sf/bb/ ect)
What I'm trying to say is take EVERYTHING with a pinch of salt

edit on 21-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added
edit on 21-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Making business with Taliban.
A year passed after bin Laden was killed so provocations and terrorist acts can be expected. I've heard that the whole May US and British special services will stay alert because they afraid of possible Al-Qaeda attacks. I saw some reports that bastards learned how to implant bombs into living humans. Sounds crazy, but airports in England and Middle East pay great attention to all flights to America, so it may be possible. Anyways, it seems to me that a greater danger comes from Taliban with which Washington tries to arrange business while it really pissed off with what US troops did in Afghan. Something from my own experience. I studied with some people who came from Middle East and Afghan to US with student visas. Some time ago those people were arrested because they were in touch with Taliban and they were recruiting other students within US, spreading their sick anti-American propaganda. I don't know how, but lately they were released and I'm sure that was done not to harm US negotiations with Taliban in Afghan, but I believe it will seriously harm our common security because those people are free now and they can continue their dirty work against America within it! I got no idea what State Department has on its mind, but negotiations with terrorists are too-too...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It saddens me when we lose our men in Afghanistan. I don't really know enough about the conflict, but I just encourage everyone to remember that every soldier that dies has at least a mother and father who loved them.

We need to remember that no matter what our opinions of a war, we are all human beings.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well
I've still not heard anything
And your source has updated for the 21st
You ready to agree yet dude ?
edit on 24-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

new topics
top topics

join