It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ Memories of the Future...[TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If only they knew.

Except for Michelle, that is.

This is a Secret that I’ll carry to my grave. And so it must be this way. I have made a promise. An oath.

My Grandma was always special. When my mom passed away at a very early age, I was sent to live with ‘Ma, as I lovingly called her. Little did I know that she would be teaching me until I would leave, at 8 years old, and that I would grow up to be a very different little boy. I vividly remember walking the fields with her, at 4 and 5, picking leaves and plants, roots and fruits. She would then put them in different jars and use them when needed. I remember drinking some of the stuff she made, to kill a cold that I had gotten or she’d be mixing some of those herbs - as she would call them - in this extraordinary soup she would have me taking, day after day.

As any kid, I was curious and asked many questions. ‘Ma would always answer “When the time is right...” After being turned away so often, I just decided to let go. Let her do her things and just watch. I remember that there were some nights where she would send me to bed earlier than normal and I thought that she was just preparing mixtures that I was too young to see. Except for that night, every year, around Christmas time, where she would wake me up and we would drink that strange concoction she had made till early morning hours. She would dance and sing and I would try to dance along, oh...it made her laugh...

Then, on my sixth birthday, I got this strange package as a gift. It was very heavy. Wrapped in a red velvety cloth. Tied and held together with a rope, those same ropes we used to close potato bags. And it had a little note on top of it:

“The Time is Right”. I was just like...wow...

It was a book. But a book unlike I have ever seen. Hard cover. Straps on the side of it to lock it. As I was slowly learning to read properly and even though some of the letters seemed used and worn off, I could slowly make up the words carved in the leather.

“Aline’s Book of the Living”. And I was like...woooooooooooooooooooow...

Yeah, ‘Ma’s name was Aline. I had to ask her when I started school. Quickly going through this huge book, I saw drawings, recipes, songs and other strange pages called r.i.t.u.a.l.s. and p.r.a.y.e.r.s. to the G.o.d.d.e.s.s. Not knowing what those where and asking her with eyes so big that she smiled in pride, I’m sure, she said that she would explain and teach me all that is in this book. Only if I solemnly promised that it would be our secret and that I would never, ever share about this with anyone. Until that one day, I would turn it over to someone else, once I grew to be old like her. And so, I promised.

Oddly enough, I could swear that for a brief instant, as she transferred this Power, she looked young. And beautiful. Or maybe, just maybe, I was given a glance at what Mom looked like. This is my most cherished memory.

Once I grew to be old like her...

Curiously, that day came very fast. I look in the mirror and see this old man, with white hair, white beard and wonder...How did 60 years fly by so fast?

It’s already 10 years that I have lost my beloved wife. All the rituals and magick couldn’t save her. Darn cancer. She was too beautiful. Too young. Though I was blessed with beautiful children but none of them had the mark. My Good Goddess, I have restricted myself from telling Helen. Bit my tongue more than I could tell. I know it isn’t right to have a favorite. But Helen...she’s such a special daughter. How I wished I could have talked to her about Samhain, Beltane, or why I would wake her up on that special Yule night to dance and sing and drink till the sun joined us...

How I wish that I could tell her what this locked room was for. How I would have enjoyed having her participate in my lonely rituals. How I would have enjoyed teaching her the secrets of plants and roots, of leaves and fruits. How I would have enjoyed explaining to her the Powers that we all carry within ourselves. How I would have smiled while she’d chant and dance to a Pagan rhythm. How I would have loved to show her the virtues of Sacred Poetry. How I longed to show her the knowledge of Dragon Magick and Dragon Lore. How I would have liked to read her books of our Pagan Ancestry...

Sweet Helen.

Her life has been anything but easy. Helen was a frail woman, being often sick and only had one child. Poor Helen, her pregnancy was so rough. She almost passed. I like to believe that all those rituals to the Goddess have prevented her early death. And a beautiful girl was born. Michelle. Little Michelle, with this little birth mark, right behind her left ear. Little Michelle that is so curious about everything I do that I pale in comparison.

Little Michelle that will be six years old tomorrow.

Helen will drop her off at 6:30 to spend the night at Grandpa’s...
so mote it be.

[color=gold]It is called Magick and Might

Set within the Powers of the Light

As there will be Chants in the Night

My Little Michelle...

The Time has come

And The Time is Right.

----------------------------------

It has been a little while since I've participated in a contest. And as usual, this was fun !

I hope you enjoyed reading this one as much as I enjoyed writing it !

Cheers !!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very well done, especially the Pagan overtures. Very intriguing and easy to read. SnF.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I liked it, but then again I am Pagan.
Very well written.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A good read and nicely conversational...... drew me in and left me wanting more

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I like it. it's pretty interesting.