It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was so close :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is my first near lucid dream experience, I'm confident I'm gonna have my first proper lucid dream soon. Hopefully within the next few days/weeks, I will post it here aswell. This will be my last thread about lucid dreaming. If you don't like reading my personal experience with this Near lucid dream experience, don't waste your time!

Okay so for the last few weeks I have kept a dream journal. I have been doing loads of reality checks every 30 minutes throughout the entire day. One of my reality checks is: I write an 'X' on my hand, and When I ask myself If I'm dreaming, I look at my hand. X = No dream. So last night I put my dream journal next to my bed. I wrote down on a note: I will realise I'm dreaming and I will start lucid dreaming + I will remember that dream the next morning. I wrote that 5 times. When I woke up this morning at 9.30am I tried remembering my dreams but I couldn't even remember one. So I went back to sleep and I woke up at 11.00am. Then I remembered the entire dream and wrote it in my dream journal, this is what happened:

I was at school and it was this special day. We were gonna do activities and that sort of stuff. We were sitting in a classroom waiting for instructions. There was this guy who said, before you can start doing these activities you must write an 'X' on your hand. He came to check on me and he said, you don't have an 'X' on your hand. I was like yeah right, So I looked at my hands, And realised I really didn't have an 'X' on my hand. So I told that guy: "Alright I'll write an 'X' now" which I did. Then we had to jump from this high building without a parachute, Which I did and I just landed in the snow. Then we had to do this parkour stuff. And that's all I can remember.

I must be the worst lucid dreamer ever right? How come I didn't realise I was dreaming after I looked at my hands and realised there wasn't an 'X' on my hand
I was so close to having my first lucid dream ever which I could remember. I'm not giving up and I'm gonna keep on trying. Just thought I would share this story with you guys! PS: Sorry for my bad English and punctuation.

-Crash

edit on 20-5-2012 by Crashyy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I've never written my dream memories down. but I was wondering.......Do you have your memory jogged throughout the following day or two? Things that happen or sights you see that suddenly bring back bits and pieces of your previous dreams?

E.G. This morning I was thinking about the somewhat fragmented dreams I had last night when I walked out in the garage and saw something (I think it was a drying cloth hanging on our clothesline) more like a passing glimpes, that suddenly flashed the image of a part of my dream involving a large green square of material.

Weird, odd whatever, This is how it works for me. I have a pretty good feeling that I will happen acouple more time throught today

Just thought I'd share.

Dream on my friend

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Wow actually yes, that happened to me before aswell

In one of my dreams I saw a friend at school so I approached him, he turned around and said 'wow you scared me'. And 2 days later that really happened. It suddenly reminded me of that dream i had. That was so weird!

join