It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX Delays Rocket Launch To ISS Due To Technical Problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
T-minus 1hour.
Watch live on nasa tv or www.spacex.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
3 min to launch

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Successfull launch! Vehicle on nominal trajectory.

jra

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What a beautiful launch. I'm glad all went well. The coming days should be interesting!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
What a beautiful launch. I'm glad all went well. The coming days should be interesting!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why did they cut away from the camera feed on the rocket?

Just curious.....wanted to see vid from orbit!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The spaceX webcast continued streaming untill dragon was in orbit and the solar arrays were deployed.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Why did they cut away from the camera feed on the rocket?

Just curious.....wanted to see vid from orbit!

It requires NASA sight adaptation first. You know those pesky stars questions since Apollo the show must go on...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well this out fit says it WILL cut cost by a factor of 10
I for one can not see it work that way.
First ,the military, then NASA, couldn't do it. Now another middle man chock full of insiders.
And so it goes. Bend over America here it comes.

Space Exploration Technologies Corporation - Company - SpaceX
www.spacex.com/company.php

- Similarto Space Exploration Technologies Corporation - Company - SpaceX

Prior to SpaceX, Mr. Harris most recently served as the Staff Director of the House Select Intelligence Oversight Panel on the Appropriations Committee. He also ...

Wow nothing like having a guy on your team that is well versed on the inside. Sorta like SPY turns salesman lol
Adam Harris - Vice President of Government Sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Harris is the Vice President of Government Sales and is responsible for implementing and overseeing SpaceX interactions with Federal agencies. In concert with the SpaceX leadership team, Mr. Harris works to secure financial support for SpaceX business activities and programs.Prior to SpaceX, Mr. Harris most recently served as the Staff Director of the House Select Intelligence Oversight Panel on the Appropriations Committee. He also held the position of space budget analyst on the professional staff of the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee.

Mr. Harris' government experiences include serving as a Senior Advisor in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and as a Professional Staff Member on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Mr. Harris served as an officer for eight years in the United States Air Force with assignments at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Wright Patterson Air Force Base and at the National Reconnaissance Office.

Mr. Harris received his bachelor's degree in Astronautical Engineering from the United States Air Force Academy and a master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology.

===================================================================

Here's the legal advisor that helped write the laws that got the contracts.

This looks like big Pharm wrapped in LEO lol ============================================================================

Mr. Hughes is responsible for the company's legal, regulatory, and government affairs. These responsibilities include oversight of the company's commercial and government contracting, export controls, insurance, litigation, and federal legislative agenda. Prior to joining SpaceX, Mr. Hughes served as Majority Counsel to the Committee on Science and Technology in the United States House of Representatives. In this capacity, he provided counsel to the Science Committee generally, with a particular focus on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee. Among other things, Mr. Hughes was the principal House staff attorney responsible for drafting and shepherding the passage of commercial human spaceflight legislation, H.R. 3752 and H.R. 5382, the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act of 2004 (enacted into law as P.L. 108-492), which established the legal and regulatory framework for private human spaceflight in the United States.

Mr. Hughes currently serves as a Board Member on the FAA's Commercial Space Transportation Advisory Committee (COMSTAC). A graduate of William and Mary Law School and honors graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, Mr. Hughes previously worked for as a senior associate with the Communications and Litigation groups of Drinker Biddle & Reath and as an attorney in the Office of the Chief Counsel for the United States Secret Service.

Notice the last sentence above. lol ljb
edit on 5/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: lol

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My son works at spaceX here in central Texas, and has worked on the engine. He was at work this morning by 2am to watch and celebrate the launch with coworkers. He says it is a really a great place to work, they work really hard, lots of hours, but it is very laid back.

jra

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

The Military and NASA can't do it, because they do business much more inefficiently. They tend to do business the traditional way with cost-plus contracts. SpaceX is a small company and they ARE already cutting costs.

SpaceX business model

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

The Military and NASA can't do it, because they do business much more inefficiently. They tend to do business the traditional way with cost-plus contracts. SpaceX is a small company and they ARE already cutting costs.

SpaceX business model

jra
You are with out exception the Gentleman of the Space threads.
I value your post and replies quite a bit. aauuhmm
I have to say this kinda in your face.
You have defended NASA tooth and nail forever.
For some strange reason you now find it simply OK to champion a seven year old upstart.
One that truly has NO space background except in the HALLS OF MEGA BUCKS.
I will understand if you do not reply.

jra

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

For some strange reason you now find it simply OK to champion a seven year old upstart.

I love everything that has to do with space exploration. I like all space agencies and companies and I would like to see all of them succeed.

I'm not sure what you mean here. SpaceX hasn't received "mega bucks" nor has it spent "mega bucks".

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

I love everything that has to do with space exploration. I like all space agencies and companies and I would like to see all of them succeed.

I'm not sure what you mean here. SpaceX hasn't received "mega bucks" nor has it spent "mega bucks".

Are you serious?
With an entourage like this??

Mr. Harris is the Vice President of Government Sales and is responsible for implementing and overseeing SpaceX interactions with Federal agencies. In concert with the SpaceX leadership team, Mr. Harris works to secure financial support for SpaceX business activities and programs.Prior to SpaceX, Mr. Harris most recently served as the Staff Director of the House Select Intelligence Oversight Panel on the Appropriations Committee. He also held the position of space budget analyst on the professional staff of the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee.

Mr. Harris' government experiences include serving as a Senior Advisor in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and as a Professional Staff Member on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. Mr. Harris served as an officer for eight years in the United States Air Force with assignments at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Wright Patterson Air Force Base and at the National Reconnaissance Office.

Mr. Harris received his bachelor's degree in Astronautical Engineering from the United States Air Force Academy and a master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology.

===================================================================

Here's the legal advisor that helped write the laws that got the contracts.

This looks like big Pharm wrapped in LEO lol ============================================================================

Mr. Hughes is responsible for the company's legal, regulatory, and government affairs. These responsibilities include oversight of the company's commercial and government contracting, export controls, insurance, litigation, and federal legislative agenda. Prior to joining SpaceX, Mr. Hughes served as Majority Counsel to the Committee on Science and Technology in the United States House of Representatives. In this capacity, he provided counsel to the Science Committee generally, with a particular focus on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee. Among other things, Mr. Hughes was the principal House staff attorney responsible for drafting and shepherding the passage of commercial human spaceflight legislation, H.R. 3752 and H.R. 5382, the Commercial Space Launch Amendments Act of 2004 (enacted into law as P.L. 108-492), which established the legal and regulatory framework for private human spaceflight in the United States.

Mr. Hughes currently serves as a Board Member on the FAA's Commercial Space Transportation Advisory Committee (COMSTAC). A graduate of William and Mary Law School and honors graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, Mr. Hughes previously worked for as a senior associate with the Communications and Litigation groups of Drinker Biddle & Reath and as an attorney in the Office of the Chief Counsel for the United States Secret Service. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Give me a break here, Did these individuals F up in government or did they see a better pay check as back door men??
Ah I know you do not understand the question. Is is really far fetched. What the hell DO YOU expect.
I have a sweet answer for any thing and everything. I am jello

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join