It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on the film, Batman: The Dark Knight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55

Originally posted by SpearMint

reply to post by jonnyc55

I think you're looking in to it too much. I think it's simply a good movie.

Well ok, but am the kind of person who doesn't mindlessly watch something.

Well that's the other extreme. You can watch a movie and enjoy it without going in to all this crap.

Well done. Thats how you enjoy a film.

Its called watching a film more than once.

I found something interesting after the first time i watched it and i'd thought i'd share it, It DOESNT mean am shouting conspiracy.

edit on 20-5-2012 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

That's not what I said though? Was it?

I simply said that I think you're looking in to it too much. You're being too analytical which drains the fun out of it.

Well its time for you too wake up.

Remember where you are....

You are in a conspiracy forum. Where we look deeper into ordinary things in order to find the truth. So does that mean i have to live this way 24/7 ??? I can easily turn of my conspiracy mode and enjoy a film. Maybe its because you don't have a on/off switch in your brain for you to do this.
edit on 20-5-2012 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

So you want people to mindlessly agree with you? That's basically what it comes down to.

You have stated your opinion. I stated mine. You're having trouble with that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
First off OP why are you so snotty & condescending to people countering your "theory?" Yes all super heros & villains have psychological disorders. He's called The Dark Knight because he is the protector of the people of Gotham City. He's been the dark knight in comic books for decades. I really don't see the point you're trying to get at. I think you're doing a lot of reaching because that is a hell of a stretch.

This a anti conspiracy forum?

Give me a break, my title does say "My Take on"... not "The real truth!".

Exactly Jonny. Think what you want to think. You just don't have to act like a snob for people posting what they think. The poster looks the way it does because is going up against Bane. Bane broke Batman's back leaving him a paraplegic. The poster is forshadowing that Bane is serious business & he's gonna f*ck sh*t up & there is a good possibility he'll cripple Batman in the final him. It has nothing to do with some dark night rising.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You have stated your opinion. I stated mine.

Awh i forgot.

Well ok, your opinion is pretty interesting

Thanks for your one liner contribution.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Exactly Jonny. Think what you want to think. You just don't have to act like a snob for people posting what they think. The poster looks the way it does because is going up against Bane. Bane broke Batman's back leaving him a paraplegic. The poster is forshadowing that Bane is serious business & he's gonna f*ck sh*t up & there is a good possibility he'll cripple Batman in the final him. It has nothing to do with some dark night rising.

with some dark night rising

"some dark night rising"? Clearly shows you've read the articles in the OP. Your clueless.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You have such a bad attitude to people that don't agree with you, which won't get you far, especially when you act like this follow a simple "I think" statement. Considering the diminishing quality of your already lacking replies I'll assume I got my point across. Bye.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm not clueless man, you don't even know me, so to call me clueless is a bit ridiculous. Being Batman is not a gift from God to Bruce Wayne either. What is clueless is your thread. It makes no sense what so ever & you're reaching hard to make a point that's not there.

You can author any silly kind of thread you want, it's the way you respond to people though. Fix your snobby attitude.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
I'm not clueless man, you don't even know me, so to call me clueless is a bit ridiculous. Being Batman is not a gift from God to Bruce Wayne either. What is clueless is your thread. It makes no sense what so ever & you're reaching hard to make a point that's not there.

You can author any silly kind of thread you want, it's the way you respond to people though. Fix your snobby attitude.

Just clueless about this thread. Didn't mean you in general.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
Ive seen a trailer of the new Batman movie, looks great..

Oh wow

Lets stay on topic.

charge: not staying on topic.

topic: the film batman: the dark knight. i got that from the title of the thread.

offending post: "Ive seen a trailer of the new Batman movie, looks great.. "

topic of offending post: batman movie. i got that by reading the post.

verdict: the offending post is found not guilty.

edit on 20-5-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
wow you have managed to take 50 years of a Comic Book and succinctly smashed it into a few short paragraphs.
I take it you have never read the Batman Comics or any of the Dark Knight Graphic Novels?
Bruce Wayne is a tortured soul. That was his gimmick. No great secret there just misfortune and realization. He became batman to fight against the injustice done to him and the world.

This is a relevant theme in almost every comic book. A tortured human who gains "super powers' through some means and then goes on to battle his demons in a thousand different ways.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Id like to hear your theory for what is going on in Inception if you have seen it!

Inception is directed by the same person Christopher Nolan!

Are you crazy? If he can see stuff in Batman, with Inception his head will blow up!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Or it's just a story based off a comic book written by Frank Miller.
en.wikipedia.org...:_Year_One

If you want any more insight into it. Maybe you should read up some on Frank Miller.
The guy is arguably one of the best comic book writers.
en.wikipedia.org...(comics)
His work on Batman, Sin City and 300 are awesome IMHO.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Not at all, movie makers like to put in obscure meanings and references in their films all the time, especially intelligent movie makers.

I know Saw gets a bad rap nowadays, but it has references to the bible and all sorts, there are characters named after jesus' deciples, and John himself could be seen as John the Baptist, baptising by fire, sometimes Literally.

It's not uncommon for some very hidden philosophical meanings to be put into films, you can never look too deep.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I think you've officially been welcomed to ATS.
I signed up in 2005 and it wasn't long before I totally gave up on this place. You can't help having your threads spun way off topic and filled with fluff that people like me have to scroll through when we're trying to read what the OP is trying to say. The best thing you can do is ignore the off-topic, flaming, trolling and other random posts so the thread length is at least cut in half from how long it would be if you took the time to reply to them all (which would literally cause you to kill yourself after losing all faith in humanity if you actually tried to reason with these people). There are, despite all appearances, some people here who actually 'get it,' so cross your fingers with every new topic and hope they chime in with something worth reading and replying to. Failing that, take my route and make a blog and leave this place in your wake. (Hey, I do check in from time to time to try to save some souls like a Buddha
)

Some people don't realize that all movies, stories, and myths, are multi-layered, have subtext, hidden meanings, easter eggs, and socio-political commentary in them. Well, maybe not all those things all the time, but if you can only see the basic surface plot, you're at the lowest level of interpretation. To use an analogy (though some people here clearly don't know that analogies exist..), the Jews have 4 levels of interpretation of religious writing. The second being a hint that there's more there, and the third using their intuition to find out what that hidden meaning is (I think, though Rabbi's are probably the only ones who practice this).

I always have to bring up the movie Sublime where in the director's commentary the filmmakers explicitly state that the movie is a commentary on Geroge 'Dubya' Bush's America. There's no way to suss out that story from the horror movie plot, however, so you can see that you may never know 100% what a movie is really about according to the filmmakers, but you can often make some educated guesses. And at the very least, you will enhance your own enjoyment of the film, even if no one agrees with you.

-------------------------------------

Back on topic,

I agree that the movie title is a clever reference to the "dark night of the soul." Seeing as how it's the second of a planned trilogy, I think there's a parallel to having Empire Strikes Back being the second in the original "Star Wars" trilogy. It's like the Hero's Journey beginning with the reluctant hero starting off, falling into the underworld/magical realm, and coming back full circle but at a higher level/changed. It's like an up-down-up motion of the story, or good-bad-good. "The night is always darkest before the dawn."

The Batman is a split-personality, and Christian Bale could have drawn upon his character in American Psycho to play Batman. Someone I know put the films in this order: Batman Begins, American Psycho, The Dark Knight.

Both the Joker and Batman want to save people, but the Joker wants to save them from themselves. The Joker takes the route of chaos and throws modern culture back into the face of Gotham with its transient flexible morals and subjective belief in "good" and "evil." He burns a mountain of money. Bruce Wayne is a mountain of money!

The dark night is illuminated by the midnight sun, which I think is being referenced in the title of the final chapter of the trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, like a phoenix rising and the promised sunrise of the dawn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join