It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on the film, Batman: The Dark Knight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It seems obvious to me this film has more to it when you look at this:

en.wikipedia.org...

The title "The Dark Knight" may mean "The Dark Night", instead.

I believe batman may represent someone who is in a Existential crisis (en.wikipedia.org...) and that he is experiencing the "Dark Night" of his soul.

If any of you need a slight reminder of the film then go no further:

www.youtube.com...

So in conclusion, this film represents two types of people who both are in a existential crisis who took different paths; The Joker takes existential crisis as true "enlightenment" and so enjoys the negative effect of the existential crisis by embracing it, the joker likes to mock and cause chaos.

Batman(The dark "knight") sees the existential crisis as a gift from god so to speak, it gives him the ability to see and understand suffering of other people. Unlike the joker who likes to cause chaos, batman tries to keep himself stable by rescuing and helping people.

Quote of the plot from the film - "The Joker issues an ultimatum that people will die each day unless Batman reveals his identity"

The talk of identity in the plot is quite disturbing.

Quote on the dark nite wiki article - "During the "dark night", meditators become severely discouraged in regard to practice and life in general, although continuing meditation is the only known form of overcoming this difficult stage."

This link here: en.wikipedia.org...
ark_knight_rises_poster.jpg. This is the poster for the upcoming batman film. You can see the broken mask on the floor and a man without all his superhero gear. This new film is about batman over coming this difficult stage called the "dark night".
The writing on the poster says "The Legend Ends" , which means, the awesomeness of batman has gone (Wow sounds like a great film *cough*).

On the bottom of the poster there appears to be a cracked glass texture of the poster and the crack has made a hole shaped into the batman logo. From this 'shattered, batman logo formed hole' we see text that says "The Dark Knight Rises", this basically means the old bat man was in a identity crisis and has finally rose up from his dark night mindset. So yeah, The Dark nite will rise from batman in the new movie.

Just speaking my mind folks.

edit on 20-5-2012 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Ive seen a trailer of the new Batman movie, looks great..

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235
Ive seen a trailer of the new Batman movie, looks great..

Oh wow

Lets stay on topic.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I like your theory.

Thought I would embed the youtube link for you.

edit on 20-5-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I've added more to the OP.

I missed some amazing stuff I should of put before posting.

So really, batman is just a guy recovering from a identity crisis and about another guy called "the joker" who is crazy and took the wrong path during his existential crisis.

I wonder if all superhero's have psychological problems... hmmmmm.

Isn't the hulk about a guy who gets into psychotic rages?

Am going to guess the new film "The Avengers" is about psychologically troubled people saving the world.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Id like to hear your theory for what is going on in Inception if you have seen it!

Inception is directed by the same person Christopher Nolan!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I think you're looking in to it too much. I think it's simply a good movie.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Are not the agents of Mk-Ultra psychologically troubled as well, and also in a way suffering from schizofrenia due to their programming.
Perhaps the superhero sagas are trying to tell us something

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Also now I think about it Christopher Nolan directed another film called Memento was released 2000, that is about a man who is definitely suffering from an identity crisis, the plot is about a man whos memory only lasts 30 seconds before he forgets everything including who he is and everyone he has met!

A very confusing film because all the scenes in the film are shown backwards from the finishing scene to the first scene.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
.....or the film could be called "The Dark Knight" based on the fact that it is an alias for batman.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Well ok, but am the kind of person who doesn't mindlessly watch something.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Also now I think about it Christopher Nolan directed another film called Memento was released 2000, that is about a man who is definitely suffering from an identity crisis, the plot is about a man whos memory only lasts 30 seconds before he forgets everything including who he is and everyone he has met!

A very confusing film because all the scenes in the film are shown backwards from the finishing scene to the first scene.

I'll get back to you on that one.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55

so in other words, you are one of those annoying has to point out every flaw in the film and look for crap that isn't there and just make some up anyway and talk about it through the whole movie types?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Well that's the other extreme. You can watch a movie and enjoy it without going in to all this crap.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

so in other words, you are one of those annoying has to point out every flaw in the film and look for crap that isn't there and just make some up anyway and talk about it through the whole movie types?

Annoying sure is an awful label to have, but i don't care because this is a "conspiracy site" where spotting out flaws is a common thing. Unless am mistaken

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Well that's the other extreme. You can watch a movie and enjoy it without going in to all this crap.

Well done. Thats how you enjoy a film.

Its called watching a film more than once.

I found something interesting after the first time i watched it and i'd thought i'd share it, It DOESNT mean am shouting conspiracy.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I found something interesting after the first time i watched it and i'd thought i'd share it, It DOESNT mean am shouting conspiracy.

That's not what I said though? Was it?

I simply said that I think you're looking in to it too much. You're being too analytical which drains the fun out of it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

That's not what I said though? Was it?

I simply said that I think you're looking in to it too much. You're being too analytical which drains the fun out of it.

Well its time for you too wake up.

Remember where you are....

You are in a conspiracy forum. Where we look deeper into ordinary things in order to find the truth. So does that mean i have to live this way 24/7 ??? I can easily turn of my conspiracy mode and enjoy a film. Maybe its because you don't have a on/off switch in your brain for you to do this.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
First off OP why are you so snotty & condescending to people countering your "theory?" Yes all super heros & villains have psychological disorders. He's called The Dark Knight because he is the protector of the people of Gotham City. He's been the dark knight in comic books for decades. I really don't see the point you're trying to get at. I think you're doing a lot of reaching because that is a hell of a stretch.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
First off OP why are you so snotty & condescending to people countering your "theory?" Yes all super heros & villains have psychological disorders. He's called The Dark Knight because he is the protector of the people of Gotham City. He's been the dark knight in comic books for decades. I really don't see the point you're trying to get at. I think you're doing a lot of reaching because that is a hell of a stretch.

This a anti conspiracy forum?

Give me a break, my title does say "My Take on"... not "The real truth!".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join