It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every black hole contains a new universe, By Nikodem Poplawski - May 17, 2012 - Inside Science News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm sure this theory has been talked about before on ATS, just thought I'd toss in a new article that I found while I was browsing foxnews.com.

please move thread if necessary

Our universe may exist inside a black hole. This may sound strange, but it could actually be the best explanation of how the universe began, and what we observe today. It's a theory that has been explored over the past few decades by a small group of physicists including myself.

Successful as it is, there are notable unsolved questions with the standard big bang theory, which suggests that the universe began as a seemingly impossible "singularity," an infinitely small point containing an infinitely high concentration of matter, expanding in size to what we observe today. The theory of inflation, a super-fast expansion of space proposed in recent decades, fills in many important details, such as why slight lumps in the concentration of matter in the early universe coalesced into large celestial bodies such as galaxies and clusters of galaxies.

I've had the very same problems in rationing the very idea of the big bang. I'm sure that many here, like myself have watched 'A Universe From Nothing' the lecture, in which is fairly convincing... in a dumbed down manner.

I don't even know why I just brought attention to Lawrence Krauss... man I dislike that guy too much.
anyways...

The last question can potentially be investigated: since all stars and thus black holes rotate, our universe would have inherited the parent black hole’s axis of rotation as a "preferred direction." There is some recently reported evidence from surveys of over 15,000 galaxies that in one hemisphere of the universe more spiral galaxies are "left-handed", or rotating clockwise, while in the other hemisphere more are "right-handed", or rotating counterclockwise. In any case, I believe that including torsion in geometry of spacetime is a right step towards a successful theory of cosmology.

Bold... I think it's hilarious that people will fight seemingly to the death to eliminate the idea of including torsion into the geometry of spacetime.

Link to Article:
www.foxnews.com...

Rather than attempting to bring forth some epic ramblings as to why I think this guy and others are correct, I'm only presenting this article because it's AWESOME, fun, and easy read.

Hope yall enjoy

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Oh yeah... one more thing to add before I call it a wrap for the day...

If this interests you, and you as well entertain the idea of religion or the various texts. The following thread may be just your thing.

This is the very first thread that I started when I joined ATS, so I didn't necessarily know the best means of presenting everything at first. If you are to read the entirety of it... there's some good stuff to take from it, in my opinion.

Big Bang not in Creation Stories
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ahhh the madness of it all...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have considered this before,(whatever that's worth)

What would it look like if we were continuously getting smaller(infinitely) , even while proportion remains the same, would this explain some of the questions like gravity, dark matter, dark energy, etc.?

In other words the universe, to an outside observer, remains the same size, while everything in it gets smaller.

Interesting, thanks op, now I'll never get to sleep

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Lacking any academic training in this area of physics, all I can offer is, "Why the Hell not?"
...'Makes perfect sense to me.

But you know how things get imbedded into Ivory Towers and you have to wait for the first wave of believers have to die off or at least become totterly before the young turks steal their thunder.

Understand, I'm an UFO experience and it takes little to have me look beyond what is politely acceptable to learned scientists, military secrecy and governments in general.

new topics

top topics

join