It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather Slams Corporate Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Here is a respected journalist telling the truth. He went on the Bill Maher show on Friday May 19, 2012, and I was in awe at the statements he made. He told the audience about the corporations running the media and pushing their own agendas. This brave man let us all know that the media is indeed controlled and not what it was in the 50s era.I applaud this insider for his brutal honesty and standing up for the truth.

www.alternet.org... s_is_in_bed_with_big_government%22/

Whether you're a conservative or a liberal or a progressive, a Democrat or a Republican, everybody can be and should be concerned about this: the constant consolidation of media, particularly national distribution of media, with a few companies -- no more than six, my count is four -- now control more than 80 percent of the true national distribution of news. These large corporations, they have things they need from the power structure in Washington, whether it's Republican or Democrat, and of course the people in Washington have things they want the news to be reported. To put it bluntly, very big business is in bed with very big government in Washington, and has more to do with what the average person sees, hears, and reads than most people know.

www.mediaite.com...

“The powers that be and the corporate structure were very uncomfortable with the story. They got pressured by the Bush administration and others in Washington, and it cost a lot of people their jobs, including myself.”

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Dan Rather talking about the powers that be. Dan, are you here on ATS somewhere?

About 2:30 in for your second quote, I'm watching it now - Thanks for bringing it in to us.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

He said TPTB and I almost fell out of my chair. He may be on here.......

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I remember he lost his job after 911; there was a purge amongst the journalists then, those that wanted to report the truth, I guess.

I'm impressed to see him standing up like that!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hes complaining that corporations are under control- then hes like "The race is even between Romney and Obama".-Mahr

I pulled the hypocrit flag.

Thats when I hit stop.

- Rather is cool though.

- But yes- besides the stuff mentioned above, hes only mentioning the obvious.

ever notice at the end of the show it says "Paid for by Nike" ?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Common Good because: edit- cause I wanted to add stuff

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I actually just wanted to have the thread focus on Rathers words and not Mahers or his his sponsers.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Rather says a lot of things. All of which is more than likely true.

yes- he slammed the corporate media, but he said nothing new that people dont already know.

It was Mahrs show so I think what he says as well has rtelevence because thats who is leading Rather into the questioning.

This IMO- was nothing more than a bash the republicans talk- all of which is normal speak comming from the democrats. Those two parties are the root cause because its always about them and what they want as a party.
Thats why all the news we get is skewed. It all favors one party or the other. Politicians work in favour of whomever is writing the bigger checks. And that aint us. Would they have it any other way?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

He never seemed very comfortable toeing the line for the Bush administration.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Heck, Rather losing his job is what woke me up in the first place!

Though it's reality, it's really hard for me to imagine that the US is populated by a bunch of yahoos who thought Rather was conveying information, and not confirmation.

Can anybody get Dan's face on the original Indiana Jones poster? He's The Dude. Yes, I'm merging two renegade movies. And yes, I can. I checked.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think we are going to see more of Dan Rather in these kinds of interviews. Hope he stays safe.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

If they don't try and kill him...But let's pray for better things than that mate.

top topics

join