It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But NONE Of Them Pay Living Wages!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thank you for this thread. I was so angry when I saw that other thread, not only could I not read past the first two sentences, I had to silence myself. It angers me to no end that some self-righteous ignorants will sit in their bubble and try to make it sound like unemployed people want to be unemployed, and like there is a bountiful of jobs out there. SHeesh! Give me a break! People have worked years for their trade, like you said, and then cannot get a job back in their trade, with their money range. It is a terrible, terrible time in our economy. And if life is that good for you that you cannot see what is really going on in our world, then you need to sit back and hush because all your opinions matter not, they are not real, and you are no help to society.
We need real people, who understand what is going on, living what is going on, trying to help to change for the better our world today, and who care-yes! Care! We do not need any person who is blind to try to act as though they are a leader, or knowledged. I will tell you what you are: lucky, as the saying going goes-ignorance is bliss. Your ignorance of reality is your bliss, and this makes you a lucky ignorant person.Nothing more, you are nothing more to our society on your pedestal of ignorant bubble bliss.
Thank you for creating this thread.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If more people worked as hard at finding jobs as they do finding excuses, then unemployment would be at 3%.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Applause to you for not being American and even knowing about what happened in 1913!!!! You know more than most Americans!!!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Seriously??? Ever hear of freedom of speech??? Oh, I get it! Freedom of speech only applies if it falls into your point of view! You are part of the problem we are having. Good luck with that!

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If more people worked as hard at finding jobs as they do finding excuses, then unemployment would be at 3%.

Just my humble opinion.

Yes, let's paint everyone with a broad brush, and assume if someone is on unemployment, they are clearly not trying hard enough.

link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I will agree that there are jobs that do not pay living wages. BUT what are we supposed to do then? Live on welfare? I'm sorry but welfare is not a lifestyle choice for me, and my parents did not raise me up to just take and take and sit on my behind. I'd rather dig ditches than sit on my duff and take my monthly check. I will work as long as I can, and I have multiple sclerosis and a heart condition. I cannot abide laziness. Welfare is a hand UP, not a lifestyle.

ahhh feel free to go work for food and rent and be a debt slave then, we'll check back and see how happy you are in your prison life 10 years from now. Welfare is for bums. But a lack of job opportunity and a flood of idiots who agree to bad, bottom of the barrel offers only serve to erode jobs that pay liveable wages.

What's the point of having a job if at the end of the day the only thing it does is make you survive for yet another day of slavery? I'd rather jump off the roof of a building and pancake in a big bloody finale instead.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Five jobs..did you mean to the the 2 and ended up hitting the 5 on accident. Please elaborate. I find this claim to be...well....crap.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Its those people who put their head down and get on with it, who are the cowards!

The system doesn't change if you accept it for what it is... But all you anonymous sheep, don't think there's anything wrong here do you?

Foolish bumbaclart cowards is what you all are!
edit on 20-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

I've been a self-employed contractor for over 35 years. There is no safety net....and wouldn't want it any other way.

You sound to me like somebody who has made poor choices and now instead of "putting your head down and getting on with it".....want to change all the rules so that you can sit on your a$$ and collect a check.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by beezzer

Just my humble opinion.

Yes, let's paint everyone with a broad brush, and assume if someone is on unemployment, they are clearly not trying hard enough.

It's called playing the percentages, the majority of the people on unemployment arent trying hard enough... Yes there are always a few out there who are working their tail off to get work, but the majority are lazy, hence the unemployment... Or is everyone on unemployment just the unluckiest people alive???

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
how many people looked for lesser jobs and are told they are way over qualified heard that one alot. did you hear in the usa they are starting to check peoples credit before they will hire them for a job.

also in the usa, This one, looking over all the people applying for jobs the employer is supposed to give fisrt consideration to any ex cons who have applied for the job.

edit on 20-5-2012 by research100 because: added a few words

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I'm gonna start me a lil thread,.

There are tons of jobs out there,

that employ tons of people.

SnF

edit on 20-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Couldn't this be discussed in one of the 2 (!) threads already ongoing about this topic?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's called playing the percentages, the majority of the people on unemployment arent trying hard enough... Yes there are always a few out there who are working their tail off to get work, but the majority are lazy, hence the unemployment... Or is everyone on unemployment just the unluckiest people alive???

No... the issue right now is that because of the recession, many PROFESSIONALS are out of work. And on average, it takes a professional about 5 months right now (if under 55), to find a job in their field. And people here have the gall to say that even if you contributed 100k.. 200k in taxes over your life time, have NEVER collected unemployment, that you should not be a "burden" on the U.S. and take the first job that comes along, or apparently, just "become a plumber," because it's just that easy and obviously fulfilling. I guess trying to LIVE LIFE.. you know.. enjoy your work, earn enough to live a decent life, doesn't matter to these folks.

Recession is receding, however, job markets lag behind.

These threads are ridiculous - suggesting that it's everyone's "duty" to just take a job and "work hard," instead of taking time to find the job they are suited for / enjoy doing. Or that it's perfectly feasible to take a minimum job wage, and continue to live your life as you did. Not even considering that the lack of health insurance would cripple many families with underlying medical problems. These threads are full of people looking down their noses at those out of luck and unemployed, and it makes me want to vomit. Such sad empathy for fellow humans. And it's also laughable, considering the U.S. is pretty much dead LAST in regards to unemployment benefits. You won't find the States on any top 10 list for unemployment benefits, I guarantee it.

So basically people are saying you shouldn't take advantage of a system in place to keep you afloat while you find meaningful work, even though the system is terrible. You should just "suck it up" and suffer, because apparently, someone's granddad suffered, and it's the American Way! People are pathetic.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I pushed macaroni through the chicken coop today and the chickens went crazy trying to grab what they could while it was falling and ended up with macaroni all over their backs.

I'm going to start a manna from heaven pasta back chicken flock thread and see if it pays anything.

One chicken said "The sky is falling! the sky is falling."

One said " Look at all this abundance. I will take advantage of it. Lack of macaroni can't happen to ME. I'm better than that. I will get my macaroni!"

The truth is out there somewhere. It might just be that there are a lot of chickens with macaroni all over their backs. lol

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I can agree with you that there are a lot of service jobs available that don't pay a livable wage. Corporations have always tried to hire help at the lowest possible wage or with no benefits. It's one of the reasons organized labor came onto the scene. Now conservatives want to do away with unions all together instead of trying to fix some of the problems unions have caused some businesses. Do away with unions, and you will quickly find the average salary of Americans diminish. The only reason some non-union shops are paid a decent wage is because those corporations want to keep their people from organizing unions in their shop.

Aside from unions, some people have said to stop buying Chinese. I hate to inform those posters, but most of America's high paying manufacturing jobs have been moved overseas to take advantage of the low poverty wages. It makes me laugh when people say buy American cars. Do you know the majority of your parts are produced in Mexico or other foreign countries? Find me a product that isn't made in China or Mexico.

Has anyone noticed the drop in quality in American goods. Quality is an added expense to companies and to compete against corporations producing cheap parts in China, they have to cut back on quality. I live in an area where tool and die manufacturing was king back in the 90's. Since than companies closed down or laid of hundreds because it was cheaper to have the metal dies made in China, and than repair it when it was shipped back into the U.S..

Corporations have moved their manufacturing facilities overseas for one reason,GREED. They don't care whether you have a livable wage, all they care about is getting a huge return on their investments and higher dividends for their stock holders.

Congress could have easily put a stop on low priced goods a long time ago just by increasing tariffs on products coming into this country. They never did.

Remember Ross Perot, a mufti-million dollar business owner who warned us about NAFTA? He said we were going to hear a big "sucking sound" of jobs going down to Mexico. He was right, but the majority of us voted along party lines and that is exactly what happened.

Corporations don't become successful without loyal hard workers. They ignore the hard work and economic hardships their workers go through on a daily basis. They're so far removed from the average worker, they have to make a TV show for these CEO's to dress up like a worker to realize how hard and dedicated their workers are. Than to save face they offer a few of them increased pay.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here in the UK almost every job advertised is part time and at at minimum wage of £6 odds an hour. Even if it is full time its still minimum wage.

Rent here in Scotland for a three bedroom house will set you back £500 plus a month.
Petrol £6 a GALLON
Council tax around £100pm thats here in Scotland
Heating and electricty around £100pm

Full time hours would make you £972 a month before tax and National Insurance.

So there already a Massive £700 a month is gone before you pay for a car,phone, tv licence ect.

living minimum wage is a base exsistance not a life and thats why it should be avioded at all costs. Does anyone really say on there death bed I should have worked more? no of course not.

Personal I have a minimum wage part time job and a business that I use to make extra cash, I still refuse to work all the hours of the week. To get to the point I am now me and my wife started clearing all our debt and have a mortgage left. We stopped taking on anymore debt and even run an old car. As for the house its dirt cheap as we did not buy the biggest flashy house we could afford.

Yes minimum wage sucks but a huge number of people still bought to big a house and car, still expect holidays every year and to be able to go out drinking at the weekend.

Unless your wage can match that out going your going to be in debt.

Running a house hold should be like running a business it should be balanced, sure some months we have a repair to pay for or an applaince gives up the ghost but then I buy second hand and have no shame in it as I manage to stay at home with the kids and enjoy the sunshine whilst its out.

In short life is far to short to spend your days working hard. Live life and enjoy it you only get to be here once.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You can take any way possible to get your employment back, you can collect SS, you can take the first job that comes available or you can wait it out for the right opportunity, I dont care which path you take, just dont complain about it as its going on.... and i dont mean you personally (with the complaining comment) but those who are unemployed in general...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
I hate it when people do this. This is now the THIRD jobs thread!

Why couldnt you just post your views on that thread?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Because this thread has substance, and understanding of a realistic situation that’s going on with realistic people.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
to the poster whose dad came over here and had to start over, when was that, 30 years ago??? things are a lot different now... If he came over today, with this economy, do you think he could start over and be a big success????

So easy to be judgemental, a lot of people lose everthing because a horrible medical problem happens, even if you have good medical insurnace, it doesn't cover everything, it can run out at some point they only cover so much, it ends up being a disaster.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Couldn't this be discussed in one of the 2 (!) threads already ongoing about this topic?

So you didn't think it was to late in the thread to make this comment ?

EVEN AFTER IT ALREADY BEING SAID 5 OR SIX TIMES ALREADY BARELY EVEN RIGHT NOW ?.

S-A ?

edit on 20-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join