It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal protest declared illegal after Molotov cocktail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
They say 69 arrestations was made during the night

that is a huge number

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Now at bat, number 78, the new law.
Next up, the army.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
When I step back and take a look at the bigger picture I can see that this is all following a very natural divine plan.
This is no coincidence.
This is happening worldwide.
Humanity is waking up and demanding to be freed from its mental shackles.
We are collectivly in the process of overthrowing the tyrants of reality and creating our own.

This is a beautiful thing.
It is really getting hard to resist being fearful though.
I hope this all passes peacefully.

The system is collapsing folks.
This is it.
The time is finally here.
THis summer will be historic.

A hundred years from now,
these last couple of thousand years will be referred to as 'the dark ages'
It has already been taken I know but it will be put into perspective.
For these are truely the dark ages.

We will one day look back on all of this and wonder WTF were we thinking?!?!?!?!?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Bull#. These people are protesting against a tuition raise. People all around the west are protesting against TPTB, or the financial system, because they are all under the same system and feeling the consequences. However, even this isn't universal as other countries are doing better than others.

Mass demonstrations rarely lead to anything. In the beginning of 2003 there were thousands of protests worldwide against the Iraq war, with the protesters numbering in the tens of millions. Did that stop the war, did that change anything? Did it cause people to "wake up"? No. An Iran war is possibly just around the corner.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

Originally posted by Magnum007
The protesters are students who don't want the government to raise the tuition fees which have been frozen for 40 years, which would cause the provincial economy to fail and probably end up like California's...

Although the idea is noble and the protests started off fine and peaceful, over time, these protesters prevented people from attending classes after they obtained a court order which lets them back into class if they want to, stormed a university and used violence to remove students from their classes (YES FORCEFULLY REMOVED PEOPLE FROM THEIR RIGHT TO STUDY AFTER OBTAINING A LEGAL COURT ORDER TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF THEY WISHED TO DO SO), and clashed with police by showing up at protests with pick axes to break the asphalt road to throw rocks at the police, smoke bomb the subway system, and throw explosives at the police for nothing...

If these idiots protested peacefully and without violence, the protests would be like in the beginning, no violence on either side... Because the violence has been going on for 3 months now, where ordinary people are having their cars wrecked, storefronts destroyed, and because ordinary citizens can't get to work, the government and police had to step in and maintain order...

They had their chance to protest peacefully like in the beginning... They lost it, and now suffer the consequences... Luck I don't live in Mtl anymore, because if they would break my # or my home, I wouldn't shoot rubber bullets, tear gas, or sound grenades... I would use live rounds...

edit on 12/5/20 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

Well they had a problem that they have no control over. What happens when you try so solve an important problem and you just can't get any further? Quit? These people realized they cannot quit, they have to do what they have to do. Problem was they couldn't find a peaceful solution.

In this day and age. Who gets things done simply, peacefully, and in a timely fashion? Obviously our government cannot as they cannot even come up with a way to eliminate the debt which American's all over the country have had to do. People have adapted to the financial crisis, problem is its reached that tipping point where trying to fix the problems is nearly impossible with failed band aid fixes (government buyouts).

Its like how they fix the roads across the country the economy has been running on for decades (striking similarity). Patch and pray it holds. Sooner or later, things will reach the breaking point if you use don't attack a problem at the root.

Thats what anyone protesting is doing. They want their voices heard they believe something is wrong and needs reworked.

Problem is they get so fed up they resort to violence. Its happened all throughout history. Independence from Great Britain, civil war, it happens all over the world. And I'm happy its happening all at once around the world in my lifetime. Banning protesting is a slippery slope I don't think anyone truly wants when they take a look at the bigger picture.

Quitting your cause is not a solution when you are 51% of the population concerned... When you are only 25% of the student body and have 0 support from the general population, it's time to put the tail between the legs, and go home with little dignity you had to start off with...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
They say 69 arrestations was made during the night

that is a huge number

We don't decide who to arrest, the people who commit crimes are the ones who decide what happens... It's a simple action --> consequence formula... The more people commit crimes, the more arrests will be conducted...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

The arrests are NOT even half the time due to crimes committed, but to what the authorities deem as "important" on that particular day...whine and bitch about something make arrests for it the next day, always happens.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shred
Mass demonstrations rarely lead to anything. In the beginning of 2003 there were thousands of protests worldwide against the Iraq war, with the protesters numbering in the tens of millions. Did that stop the war, did that change anything? Did it cause people to "wake up"? No. An Iran war is possibly just around the corner.

Yeah, except things now are much different than in 2003. Most people can see that the world is reaching a boiling point now. I used to laugh at all the sensationalism on websites like this years ago, but I can see it now. People are restless, and they are really really sick of the way the world has become. I am one of these people.

2003 was nothing. People were just a little bit whiny because they were stuck with a president who had the IQ of a glue huffing rabbit. It's different now. People are genuinely pissed off, and I don't blame them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Just like how Winter was supposed to be historic with OWS?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

On August 20, 2007, during meetings of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America in Montebello, three protesters were accused of being police provocateurs by Dave Coles, president of the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada. The three masked protesters, one of whom was notably armed with a large rock, were asked to leave by protest organizers.

After the three protesters breached the police line, they were brought to the ground, handcuffed, and taken away. The evidence that the arrested people were police provocateurs was circumstantial, including the fact that they were wearing boots identical to those worn by police.[11] After the protest, the police force initially denied[12] then later admitted that three of their officers disguised themselves as demonstrators; however, they denied that the officers were provoking the crowd and instigating violence. The police released a news release in French where they stated "At no time did the police of the Sûreté du Québec act as instigators or commit criminal acts," "It is not in the police force's policies, nor in its strategies, to act in that manner." "At all times, they responded within their mandate to keep order and security." [13]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wow that was a huge protest in the recent video you linked.
Thanks for sharing that.

I cannot believe this isn't a bigger story in the media considering how big it is on the ground.

Is this really about fees or has it become something much more as it evolved?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Quitting your cause is not a solution when you are 51% of the population concerned... When you are only 25% of the student body and have 0 support from the general population, it's time to put the tail between the legs, and go home with little dignity you had to start off with...

Please provide documentation or some form of valid evidence to support your spurious claims.

Anyone can make up statistics and present them as facts without any evidence to back them up.
Example proving your fallacy outright:

95 % of the population supports them, they represent 99% of the student body, the other guy is lying he is a disinfo agent.
And since I have a gold border that makes my complete made up gibberish carry more weight than yours with people who believe in total rubbish and care about status.

See how easy that was?
Now if you wouldn't mind backing up your claims please good sir.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
canada's emperor is busy right. he'll get to the montreal riots when he's finished his double double.

[pic]sa4fb95acb.jpg[/pic

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
canada's emperor is busy right. he'll get to the montreal riots when he's finished his double double.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I live near Montreal and all I can say is that we are fed up with our corrupt government!!

What started as a protest against raising the tuition fees is now about a whole different ball game. Citizens who where for the tuition raise are now joining our ranks against this foul Liberal government that we have and its stupid law 78. Instead of negociating with its citizens and students they choose to suffocate the voice of the people.

We will not step down! I am proud to be part of this revolution and I encourage everyone to come in Montreal and show their support for the voice of the people!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
1 month.
If I lived there I'd be tired of that crap.
Go protest the government not in the streets.
But at their houses.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Horrible to be seeing this. The actions of a few should not dictate the consequences for the many. This does not work and will end badly. The police at from the G20 protests in Toronto are being investigated and in most cases, found guilty on all levels. It's now proven that the constitution and rights of everyone in the area were trampled on.

Want sources? Google it and search within the last month. It's a # storm.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Please provide documentation or some form of valid evidence to support your spurious claims.

Anyone can make up statistics and present them as facts without any evidence to back them up.
Example proving your fallacy outright:

95 % of the population supports them, they represent 99% of the student body, the other guy is lying he is a disinfo agent.
And since I have a gold border that makes my complete made up gibberish carry more weight than yours with people who believe in total rubbish and care about status.

See how easy that was?
Now if you wouldn't mind backing up your claims please good sir.

Poll proving quebecers are fe up with stupid students and want te police to be tougher

How's this for numbers... Happy now?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

The arrests are NOT even half the time due to crimes committed, but to what the authorities deem as "important" on that particular day...whine and bitch about something make arrests for it the next day, always happens.

Don't think so... Throw a molokhov cocktail at me... We'll see what happens...

Throw rocks at me, we'll see what happens...

Go ahead and test your theory, go to Montreal an try... You'll see that any day you do this, you'll be arrested...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Actually, if you are 10 people or plus for a protest, you have to call in 8 hours in advance to advise them of your route.

10 people or plus? That's pretty messed up, but I guess they're trying to counter attack by attacking freedoms and rights. And it will probably just get worst as the days pass.

I' m from montreal and I love/hate it here, but it's my hometown so I'm all for people standing up for their beliefs.
A friend of mine was passing by a protest a d went in an ally to take a piss, next thing he knows four cops came running in on him they beat him and broke his arm. So the abuse pretty much comes from both sides its not just the protesters who are out of hand.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
In my country in main news is reported story about those guys.
News said: molotov cocktail, nato summit blah blah
And how thos guys are want andy tryed to killl barack obama

Ftw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join