It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiral UFOS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Orrrrr missiles .....?

Spirals in orbit are often caused by tumbling rocket stages venting leftover fuel. A good example is the June 2010 eastern Australia pre-dawn multiple sighting/taping of SpaceX Falcon-9 first flight. Another is a Nov 1986 East Coast USA spiral that was a Japanese H-2 booster -- this is the one that Dan Aykroyd claimed had sent telepathic dreams to him..

Spirals during launch can be a result of tumbling out of control, BUT seem more often to be a deliberate maneuver by solid-fuel missiles to wobble around their line-of-flight in order to dump excess thrust. They are often observed with Russian missiles and have been seen, for at least thirty years. It's only recently that pocket camcorders have gotten to ubiquitous that the video can appear on youtube.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I found evidence of rockets causing atmospheric spirals dating back to 1963 during an Atlas launch from Cape Canaveral. I posted it in the Norway Spiral Revisited thread.

It was witnessed by observers on multiple ships in different positions on the Atlantic Ocean.

The 1963 Atlas-Centaur launch was liquid-fueled and was a successful mission. The spirals can originate from rockets that are functioning normally, apparently.
edit on 2-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Norway Spiral

The spiral seems to be in one place in the sky.
I think those are the most talked about images if you see the ones in the link.
Click on Images at the top and see a lot more.

There is definitely an exhaust trail from a rocket perhaps.
The series of cloud puffs being ejected grow larger and more ring like.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Orrrrr missiles .....?

right
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right when the US missiles were in the missile gap they started to spin around but they were so low to the ground they didn't spin much until crashing into the ground.

You weren't there well it was fun.
All this means is that rocket engineers will go on strike for better benefits and then fix the gyros. And we all know gyros need motors to spin cause Sperry couldn't make them all by himself. Now we need celestial navigators.

The missiles didn't go far before failure back in the 50s.
So if history repeats itself this time higher in the atmosphere the engineers can benefit.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There's a new one in the Daily Maul today. Just finished reading about it.

Missi le or UFO

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Missi le or UFO

The spin trail is supposed to be the spinning falling first stage but the problem to the
senses seems to be there is no falling spiral and the impression is a hovering UFO
that spins the exhaust of some rocket long gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Missi le or UFO

The spin trail is supposed to be the spinning falling first stage but the problem to the
senses seems to be there is no falling spiral and the impression is a hovering UFO

You've misunderstood the basic explanation once again. Please improve your contributions here by concentrating on understanding other people's claims, and accurately reporting them.

The spin is NOT the first stage, it is the LAST stage. It's completely opposite to what you thought you had read.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Missi le or UFO

You've misunderstood the basic explanation once again. Please improve your contributions here by concentrating on understanding other people's claims, and accurately reporting them.

The spin is NOT the first stage, it is the LAST stage. It's completely opposite to what you thought you had read.

And you know what the Russians are doing with failed last stages.
Good explanation for being high in the sky, is it in orbit yet.
I'll go back to the spiral being a UFO like every one else figured spiral cause was.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Missi le or UFO

And you know what the Russians are doing with failed last stages.
Good explanation for being high in the sky, is it in orbit yet.
I'll go back to the spiral being a UFO like every one else figured spiral cause was.

Go check out my post on the Norway Spiral Revisited Thread.
I have the link to reports by three different ships that saw atmospheric spirals corresponding to the minutes when an Atlas-Centaur rocket was traveling into space from Cape Canaveral in 1963. They even made sketches of what they saw.
I think it is good proof that the spirals are created by rockets.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah I think it makes sense but due to everything being so secret the only time since
the 1950s did any one see a spiral was when V2 or early NASA Vanguard or Atlas
rockets were launch failures did we see part of a spiral before crashing to the ground.

To if not a failure why the trail.
Lets have some more explanations.

At least if there was a rocket failure there would be follow on revision money for the
engineers.

And why the apparent fixture in the sky like a typical UFO in hover mode.
UFOs can't make trails. Since when. UFOs can't spin. Don't think so.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The Atlas launch that I noted was not a failure though.

I read once, somewhere, that they think the spiral shape might be an effect caused be magnetic currents and the ionosphere.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The Atlas launch that I noted was not a failure though.

I read once, somewhere, that they think the spiral shape might be an effect caused be magnetic currents and the ionosphere.

So thats a way up there phenomena. Well so far with the Norway spiral the image does
not seem so far away. And most think its the best CGI since apple pie. So successful
that the artist has yet to come forward. If agents for control of UFO information are at the
controls of the CGI equipment they are covering for a not so rare phenomena among rookie
pilots perhaps as you list of spin sightings might suggest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join