It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist Police action against Occupy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
From Occupy Chicago:-

occupychi.org...

Police earlier Friday released from custody — without charging — four of the nine people who were swept up in a late-night Wednesday raid of a Bridgeport apartment building. Two more were released Friday night without charges.

According to law enforcement sources and police reports obtained by the Tribune, the arrests were the result of a monthlong investigation into a group suspected of making Molotov cocktails — crude bombs usually created by filling glass bottles with gasoline.

But the National Lawyers Guild criticized the police raid, saying the nine NATO protesters only had beer-making equipment in their possession.

The nine range in age from their 20s to a 66-year-old grandfather with a heart condition. Several are affiliated with the Occupy movement and had arrived in Chicago in recent weeks from California, North Carolina, Massachusetts and elsewhere.

Details of the investigation remain murky.

Full report here:-

My stery over Bridgeport arrests: Molotov cocktails or brewing equipment?

If there are conservative readers of this site, who maintain any degree of open mindedness or integrity, I would encourage you to read this story.

It is important for conservatives to understand and acknowledge, that despite what they insist on believing to the contrary, their negative perception of Occupy should not be entirely one sided. American police can and often do engage in fascist, excessively secretive, and generally abusive behaviour.

The one element of the conservative attitude towards Occupy on ATS, which I find most frustrating, is the insistence on single-mindedness, and consistent bias. The problem is not that the Black Bloc are acknowledged...they should be...but that abusive, authoritarian behaviour on the part of the police is not also acknowledged.

There are two sides here, and both of them are capable of bad behaviour. I truthfully find it obnoxious that Marxists here also consider me part of, "the enemy," if I don't exclusively make positive statements about Occupy, as well. Occupy aren't necessarily angels, but the police aren't either.

That is the point.
edit on 19-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Conservative radio and tv "pundits" will likely still repeat this story about the molotov cocktails without correcting it to "beer equipment". This happened with those pipes that Colin Powell paraded before the UN, and it will happen in this instance. Fox News (Hannity and those morning moles especially) has a habit of repeating and repeating and repeating a lie, and then it's viewers use the false data in conversation as if it actually occurred.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The whole story was a farce and we know it.
What was most probably found was not molotov cocktails, it was meatloaf and cocktails.

Them occupy folks know how to live.

join