It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean when you're the last one to post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What does it mean when you post, you're the last one and no one posts after you and if they do, your comment is not even acknowleged?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
What does it mean when you post, you're the last one and no one posts after you and if they do, your comment is not even acknowleged?

You posted the thread-killing comment. Your argument or point was so succinct and definitive that no one even wants to bother coming back at you.

You are...THE MAN. Be proud, thread-killer. Be damned proud.

Please, promise to only use this power for the good of all. Godspeed.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's called being a "thread killer".

Sometimes, obviously, the thread has run its course and your post just happens to be the last one. Sometimes, your post just takes the wind out of the thread and it dies right there.

Does it actually mean something? Not really.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
edit on 19-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: Duplicate post

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Possibly the thread already had 362 posts, and the last post was redundant. There was nothing more to add to the thread.

Des

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In my experience people will go through and then reply and it might be after yours. Not everybody reads threads all the way through. I know I will stop if it gets childish. Sometimes people respond and then don't come back. I.E. respond, close browser head off somewhere and forget about said thread (I do this all the time).

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

Noone cares to reply.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

You killed it.
2nd line.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I've wondered that myself. It seems to happen to me a lot. Sometimes I think I'm just slow getting to the party.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe people are avoiding you. Have you offended everyone? HAHA just joking a thread has to end somewhere

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
WTF are all you talking about thread killer.?
unless the thread is closed it just means no one can top what you had to say... you get the last word and are WINNING!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
unless the thread is closed it just means no one can top what you had to say... you get the last word and are WINNING!!!

Please see post #5 in this thread and realize that if I hadn't responded, it might apply to you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Mnementh - thread killer!

rofl

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
your a bad person, and you should curl up and die.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by -W1LL

Please see post #5 in this thread and realize that if I hadn't responded, it might apply to you.

HIGHFIVE

i remember an old thread dedicated to thread killers a sort of club kill thread..

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sometimes, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It means that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries....

Edited to add that I will be checking this thread to see if I killed it. Tick Tock.
edit on 5/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Back in my day...we called that person....The Threadstopper. Are you a threadstopper?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
It means that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries....

Edited to add that I will be checking this thread to see if I killed it. Tick Tock.
edit on 5/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

lmao

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I bet my life savings that my post is not the last one in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join