It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Threatens to split from Australia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Originally posted by AussieDingus

We are all in this together

We as humans are all in this together. Australians are amongst the other countries. All of us do better to look at it that way.

I don't know how much worse it can get when people talk up WA splitting. It obviously serves interests outside Australia. Our whole region is plagued with corruption. They aren't thinking about good governance, or a feww generations or even a legacy.. they are thinking cheap booze and hookers.

In fact that's how I see WA lol

Be carefull about making jokes about WA in this thread, they might threaten to form their own country ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
As an Aussie I can honestly say that "Devided we will fall." Where's the the ole' digger spirit gone. "Look after your mates" 'n' all that. Shame on you W.A.

Yeah where`s all WA`s mates? and giving people a fair go,shame on them.

haha, they threaten to split from the rest of their "mates", then they wonder where their "mates" have gone. With friends like that, who needs enemies ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Fair call... but it doesn't change the point that australia needs W.A.

Well they will feel their wallets lighter,then they would kick themselves for not treating us better than they do,as it is I doubt many in the east give a rats enough to change things while their state pockets are lined by WA`s input.

and W.A. are Australians. We should stick togeather.

Right, we should,but if we`re pushed over the edge,don`t blame us for wanting a fair go like the rest,then called a pack of whingers by fellow Aussies when we speak up.

I don't make the rules. You don't make the rules. If the rules are unfair then change them, vote for someone else or go into politics yourself.

Threats and separatism will benifit no one. grow up. Throwing a tanty isn't the way to get what WA wants.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I don't make the rules. You don't make the rules. If the rules are unfair then change them, vote for someone else or go into politics yourself.

Oh I take it then your fine with how WA citizens are being treated,our Premeire is trying to get fair treatment.

Threats and separatism will benifit no one. grow up. Throwing a tanty isn't the way to get what WA wants.

Are you telling me to grow up?

While the most of the east coasters on this thread spit in the face of WA.

I`ve put down links here showing WA is the most expensive state to live in,our state Gov would have liked to be able to give some relief to West Aussies yet can`t because our money is pillaged from the east.

A lot of the easts revenue comes from gambling,thats not the wests way.Then some other joker said that they viewed WA when thinking of cheap booze and hookers,what a joke.They don`t have a clue all they do is say its unAustralian for the Premiere to say that.Well duh now look at whats causing the crap.

Then I`ve got to listen to some joker who thinks mining companies or magnates should feed people for the rest of their lives or something or get gov bonus`s their not entitled to get.He even asked me how Perth and Freo came about which was written in the link I provided yet he is not willing to look first he just asks me,I`d also said that I cannot find a link to all the info,that would say that WA was a basket case once and bleed from the east.
The link also says it was the same way in the early days where WA`s profits went east from the gold mines.So when I at least post what I can to refute their claims,they then say just think of Australia not just WA lol

All of this is beside the reason why Barnett is fuming and so should any decent Aussie around the country be fuming with how they treat WA,if WA was to get their fair share we could expand and make more honest money over here for all of Australia and be able to look after ourselves at the same time.If the current rate at which our funds are slashed we will recieve $0 in return for all the revenue we provide in a few years.What more do we have to give after that? how much more do they want?

This is what the discussion is really about and why he made those comments (threats)

Or at least give us enough so those really battling over here can get a small amount of relief.

If thats to much for you east coasters,then I feel sorry for you,that to me is unAustralian and a reason that we are being pushed away.

edit on 25-5-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Wow... That was a long diatribe.

Your still right of course but it doesn't change the fact that supporting a divisionary sepratist momvement is damaging to everyone. If cannot move forward fairly as one than we are ROOTED!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Your still right of course but it doesn't change the fact that supporting a divisionary sepratist momvement is damaging to everyone.

So how many times do I have to say that I don`t want it to sink into peoples heads,neither does the Premiere or he wouldn`t be so damned pissed about it.

If cannot move forward fairly as one than we are ROOTED!!!

Then people had better start treating WA as one fairly.

and by you telling me to grow up or run for office etc,what the crap are you going to do about it? let me guess nothing!,other than sprout the obvious Australia will be ROOTED!,I`ll be doing what I can I`ll assure you and as small as that maybe it will be more than most of you jokers that think your keeping Australia together by just saying "stop whinging WA" freakin pathetic.

Did you call those other guys childish for their idiotic selfish personal beliefs? nope just me for speaking up about what the problems really are that need to be addressed.Sorry if I don`t solute you.

This topic could get real one day with China and if the Government intends to rape WA as is the current expanding way and with the future forecasts on saying it will get worse,add to that there are quite a few Australians who already want close ties to China,so WA breaking off to be better treated (as it seems we are not seen equally anyway,by the gov and the east coasters in general)may not be in the realms of absolute fantasy.

edit on 26-5-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yoorah breaking news! one small step in a right direction from the Gov for Australia,well from Aussies anyway just not one particular member who thinks its just fine for NZ workers to come over here take great paying jobs from Aussies then take the wealth back to NZ on the thread.

Julia Gillard "making sure" Aussies getting mining jobs after Rinehart furore
Now if we can have Her say that no East Coaster fly in fly out can take a job that a West Aussie can do it will be another step in the right direction seeing how most of our profits go East anyway,Its only fair then.
Click for more

PRIME Minister Julia Gillard vowed that no foreign worker would take a job that an Australian could do, as she battled to contain the fallout from a government decision to approve the hire of 1715 migrant labourers on a major mining project..

I can`t think of any other Aussie in Australia or anyone on this thread (except one member who disagree`s with me on this issue and others) who would think this a bad thing,that keeps saying "think of Austrlia" to me,as if I`m not and that he really is,on this and other points.

There has only been a couple of East Coasters that have shown themselves on this thread that they are mates to the west which is great to see.Who actually see the seriousness of the issue.

I`ve learnt a lot from this thread

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I can`t think of any other Aussie in Australia or anyone on this thread (except one member who disagree`s with me on this issue and others) who would think this a bad thing,that keeps saying "think of Austrlia" to me,as if I`m not and that he really is,on this and other points.

There has only been a couple of East Coasters that have shown themselves on this thread that they are mates to the west which is great to see.Who actually see the seriousness of the issue.

I`ve learnt a lot from this thread

Supporting a threat to split from Australia isn't thinking of it from a "think of Australia" point of view, and if a certain someone on this thread thinks its is, then why does that certain someone want to, or support, splitting from AUSTRALIA.....yep that's very Australian behaviour.
And what or where is the seriousness of the issue when its an empty threat and is the reason ONLY a couple of "east coasters" have shown themselves to be YOUR mate. So if someone see's it different then they can't be your mate, but if someone agree's with you then they are your mate. I'd hate to have a mate like you who isn't open to some blunt and open constructive cristicism, and takes it heart so badly that they say they don't care what someone else thinks but yet again keeps referring or replying to them. I thought you said you didn't care what i say or think anymore,yet you can't help but either replying or referring to me.

I've learnt a lot from this thread, there are some great and smart people in WA, but at least one on this thread has no idea and base's his thoughts around an empty threat !

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Just WOW!

The reason that so may Kiwis are taking high paying mining jobs is because

NO BL*@DY AUSSIES ARE OUT THERE DOING THEM!!!!

They are running employment seminars in NZ to recruit kiwis because there aint no one else to do the jobs.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

And guess WHAT! due to WA`s profits being pillaged to the East they are cutting training over here that would go to help fill those jobs
so Australia`s profits wouldn`t go to other countries,it would help the lives of Aussie families etc.

Don`t tell me you wouldn`t feel the same if it were happening in NZ as you think you have a say in this country from over there,you sound like the gutless Aussies over here that love to kick the boots in when they think somone is down all in a group,you just jump in thinking you can kick my head in,because Dingus is having a go at me,just like every other post you`ve made BEHIND someone elses who has had a go at me.

But don`t worry Dingus will have your back.
Gutless.

Dingus can rattle on all he likes,but there`s no talking to him from my point of view,when he tells me to leave,just like he THOUGHT I told him,when I actually said are you prepared to move? the reason I asked was for me to make inquires to get him a job,that might possibly be one of the requirements.After hearing all his crap and his defence of how WA`s money is being fairly taken add to that he thinks the minning companies are scum anyway,why would I ask my friends for someone like him to go work for them.

If he`s going to treat my state and myself like an arse hole without even wanting to understand what and why I`ve been saying it,shove it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I don't know where your head is at?!?
Or how many different ways I can tell you that your behavior won't get you what you want...

Your behaviour will get you the kind of treatment that are currently getting.

Are you getting what you want?

Or are you being treated in a manner similar to your own behavior?

edit on 26/5/2012 by hudsonhawk69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

What do you think your changing that I`ve had to repeat to you? try repeating the same lines you`ve been sprouting to me while looking in the mirror.

Then look at his comments of saying directed at me lol "But you want to keep making yourself to be the poor little victim"but in actual fact if you want to read his own words,he`s the one whinging about how unfair life is to him,even to the extent of being a single male who doesn`t get the baby bonus and so much more.

Where I have been speaking up for fair play for my state and which in turn would be good for the whole country,so how is this about me again,that you want it to be.Heck I`d speak up for another state in this country being crapped on,its just this crap has been happening over here for quite sometime,which is provable.

Here is the also the proof that we are the worst off in funding to all states in the history of the GST yet we make the most and they don`t look at it population wise that they keep sprouting on the thread..

This will result in a fall in our GST grant of $598million in 2012 13, which will greatly increase the current $1.4billion shortfall in WA’s GST grants compared to a full population share. This means that WA’s share of GST would be the lowest of any State and the lowest drop in GST share for any State in the history of the GST grants process.
www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au...

Besides I provided another example of their Premiere thanking his people for their work in achieving their funding? how hasn`t WA worked?

So how about our state being properly treated,or do we have to talk about how unfair Australia is being to NZ or how unfair the universe is unfair to Dingus,who by the way thinks he`s also the god of constructive critisism.

edit on 27-5-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

What do you think your changing that I`ve had to repeat to you? try repeating the same lines you`ve been sprouting to me while looking in the mirror.

I'm not the one trying to change Australia my friend...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Don`t tell me you wouldn`t feel the same if it were happening in NZ as you think you have a say in this country from over there,you sound like the gutless Aussies over here that love to kick the boots in when they think somone is down all in a group,you just jump in thinking you can kick my head in,because Dingus is having a go at me,just like every other post you`ve made BEHIND someone elses who has had a go at me.

But don`t worry Dingus will have your back.
Gutless.

Dingus can rattle on all he likes,but there`s no talking to him from my point of view,when he tells me to leave,just like he THOUGHT I told him,when I actually said are you prepared to move? the reason I asked was for me to make inquires to get him a job,that might possibly be one of the requirements.After hearing all his crap and his defence of how WA`s money is being fairly taken add to that he thinks the minning companies are scum anyway,why would I ask my friends for someone like him to go work for them.

If he`s going to treat my state and myself like an arse hole without even wanting to understand what and why I`ve been saying it,shove it.

Yet again Mr. Know-it-all can't help but keep referring to me while still claiming to not care what i think. I haven't treated you or your state like an asshole. You've done it to your self and the spokesman for your state has only added to it with empty threats that you still seem to support. What clown would say they want to split from Australia then wonder why the majority don't support them ? And this constant referring to the "East coasters" is showing your obvious case of little man syndrome. And if the East coast is "pillaging you profits" so badly, then why don't you move to where you think people have it so good ? Get off your soap box you sook and come back to reality instead of basing your opinions on empty threats with no validity.Only an asshole would do that to THEMSELVES.
But you'll just yet again say you don't care what i think but then still have to get the last word in as if it proves you right, but we all know what those people are like and why they do it ! That makes about as much sense as supporting an empty threat.
And supporting an empty threat and supporting starting your own country based on and imaginary borderline, isn't how and Australian would act in the first place, so I hope you're the first first to put their hand up and become a citizen of this new country that has no realistic chance of exiting in the first place, just don't let the door hit your ass on the way out as you enter your new imaginary utopia !

If you're going to say you don't care what someone thinks, then stop referring to them or what they say. But just like your Premier, you seem to have a problem backing up your threats

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yeah rattle on,it wasn`t a threat as you put it, yet again putting words in my mouth,all you wanted to do was bait me,thats easy to see, know it all,I was going to allow you your last word on the other page but you just wanted/needed to keep baiting.Its no surprise you two support each other.

How many times do I have to tell you that I do not want to see WA split, to you, for it to sink in to that thick head,obviously more times than I had repeat to you that you had it wrong that the threat wasn`t coming from a minning magnate.

I`ll support him in his strong stand in WA`s fair treatment for sure.It upsets me more than you`ll ever know watching this country slowly go down the crapper,but just for the record if Australia is going to allow this to continue and I personally have to make a decision on where to live,then I`ll stay here,for the reasons being that its unAustralian to allow this to happen to this state,so why would I want to go East.

But only a single male sook would want a baby bonus for not having a baby and personally complain as much as you do.I`m complaining for WA and Australia.I`m not the one wanting hand outs thats you,so if the East survives on hand outs that taken from the West why would I want to be a hand out recipient.Thats the new Australian mentality thats slowly creeping into this country,while bludgers on surf boards etc can stay on welfare stealing from hard working Aussies,or stealing from people who need a hand.

Paul Clitheroe was talking this morning about the minning job stortages where he echoed much of what I`ve said in this very thread.He also said if people in the cities want the good jobs they have to get off their bums(yes exact words),because they mainly only employ locals.Which by the way I never said that to you,I only asked you if your prepared to move.You said it to me to move.

So stop with your baiting games and add something to the topic,as to why the Premiere said what he did,or are you just going to stick to the OP title as though you`ve won something.

I`ll let you have your last word,but if you want to keep baiting me,then don`t blame me.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Here something to bring to the topic... WA can't leave Australia. What a rediculas threat to make. If push comes to shove then civil war will follow. Given that the federal government controls the military is will be a short civil war indeed.

I hope that not all WA residents behave like gps777 otherwise they are really stuffed.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

They will need an ally and that would have to be America. If they chose China, China would get a severe kicking and they would be truly stuffed.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
Will Western Australia just get it over already and succeed, lol just kidding.
But seriously WA is severely under represented in the Commonwealth as it is mostly centered on the southern states of NSW and Victoria while WA and Queensland are always left out.

Sorry? Victoria is hardly funded by the federal government and there's what, like 15 people in WA? These ferals are just having a crack because they think they are driving the economy. Maybe if they actually taxed that greedy cow whats-her-name they would be in a better position and would stop their whinging.

As for Queensland never getting anything - I'm pretty sure there is a huge levy on all Australians to pay for damages to their infrastructure after their floods. Right out of everyone elses pockets and aren't they a big mining state also?

WA and QLD can shut the hell up.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

They will need an ally and that would have to be America. If they chose China, China would get a severe kicking and they would be truly stuffed.

America and Australia already have a close working relationship. Do you think america will REALLY support WA over The federal government?

America wouldn't even get involved in Australias civil disputes.

I don't care whos support who has... Australias neighbours are too far away for ANY state to sucessfully pull away from the federal govenment.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

America and Australia already have a close working relationship. Do you think america will REALLY support WA over The federal government?

America wouldn't even get involved in Australias civil disputes.

I don't care whos support who has... Australias neighbours are too far away for ANY state to sucessfully pull away from the federal govenment.

I wasn't being serious, but if these WA'ers want to play this game, lets see how they like it...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join