Has ATS Added Text-Enhance?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My ATS screen now has annoying highlighted words scattered within thread posts which are links to pop-up window advertisements.

I don't have this problem on any other website, however. It started right after I got off the phone with tech support where the tech downloaded things from the internet. However, I can't figure out how that would have caused the problem on only ATS.

Does anyone else have Text-Enhance showing on your ATS screen?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Those tech are doing this crap all the time. They change all your settings to what they "think" they should be a if they down load something they add all thinks of crap. We had some many "tool bars" on the shop computer there was little left over for web pages after my boss had one come it to set up the new computer for the shop. He put all kinds of crap on it. So far we have deleted over 2 dozen useless and unwanted programs the tech guy put on there. He even changed the desk top screen and the screen saver. He ended up messing up as much as he fixed. Can you post a screen shot of a page that has this en chanced text?
edit on 5/19/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

This link may help you some.
edit on 5/19/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add link

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Thanks for your help!

Here's the screenshot:

See the blue highlight? It's only one but I have them scattered all over the place.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I have text-enhance when I come to the site as a lowly unsigned in reader (so many people must take one look at the site and run for the hills never to return), but not when I sign in as a member. So you actually have a bleed-through of text-enhance when signed in? Bummer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Try signing out of ATS and then closing your web browser and then re-open your web browser and sign back into ATS. See what that does

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I just did it and guess what? I now have two of them in my OP!

It was a good idea, though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I have text-enhance when I come to the site as a lowly unsigned in reader . . .

So, ATS does have it. Hmmmm.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Read the link I posted. Sounds like you have some wanted program running in the back ground.
I do not have any high lighted text here on ATS. Run a virus scan. I still say that tech is the cause of it.
edit on 5/19/2012 by fixer1967 because: spelling

I just signed out of ATS and come on as a guest and still no high lighted text.
Not sure what is going on with your computer. Read the link I posted it may help.
edit on 5/19/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
This link may help you some.

It worked!!! I'm one happy camper.

Thanks!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So, its not an ATS issue.

Be nice to get some clarification and maybe something from the OP here?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

See this post.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ugh, this problem is making the rounds again it seems. Had to pay a visit to my parent's house to give their computer a tune up. Turned out a few "toolbars" were added to the browser. By a few I mean 12

top topics

join