It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

This verse and so many others only make me want to study further. I wouldn't say God is schitzophrenic nor psychotic...

Then my strong advice to you is this: Do not read and study the Bible. Do not research it, look things up in it, or even read it like a book. You would be shocked to discover just how schizophrenic and psychotic the God of the Bible really is. However, if you cannot resist, as I could not, click here and read:
God's Evil Deeds

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I have nothing more to say to someone who does not think for themselves.

Don't feel bad, I cannot talk to the brainwashed mases either, they refuse to think for themselves, and I doubt they ever will. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. Believing in a book that was edited by the likes of Bacon and Dee is virtually akin to believing in a Grimore of Black Magick and Sorcerery, but they, in spite of an Internet that has all kinds of information and real history, still cling to their stale beliefs. I feel sorry for them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you for the pictures. I metal detect and really enjoy history. I mostly dig civil war relics so that is another thing we have in common.

I also watch the Ancient Aliens show. I've watched all of them to date. My least favorite was the Bigfoot episode. I had to actually watch that one three or four times because I kept going to sleep.

Concerning the Summerians I do believe that they had contact from beings cast down from heaven. I do not believe they created humans though for obvious reasons.

God created everything so his story is much older than Summerian writings. What I believe accounted for recorded encounters with heavenly beings is the same I think is accountable for reports today, Angels.

I believe the same as Satan brought Eve to the tree of knowledge so that she would be more 'godlike' I believe it would have stayed in the out cast Angels interest to continue to spread knowledge and deceit through out time to all generations and cultures to continue his rebellion against God via Adam's children.

Concerning the cylinder picture I can not make out any solar system that I know of, but I do believe Angels would have had that knowledge and the means and time to spread it throughout the world spinning the stories any which way they wished.

I do enjoy the series though. The ancient structures are impressive. I do believe the Angels would have gave them technology to create such works. It would drive so many away from the faith that it would make perfect sense for someone rebelling against God to do.

I always look for motive and Satan has the ultimate motive, the knowledge, and time to carry out such endevours.

Also I have read your others post.

In historical writing of course the Bible wasn't written in English so the word would be 'Chet'.

I do like talking about God very much with you all. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Member2183 because: Typo

edit on 20-5-2012 by Member2183 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Member2183

Don't worry about this world. You need not worry about saving it, this was never asked of any of us.

Actually, it was, if you adhere to the Bible. God created man as a steward to the earth, to have dominion over it, to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and to care for what God created. Therefore, it very much is our worry to save it and to preserve it. That's one of the underlying currents in the Bible for those who are Christian.

...if you are of some other belief, then you should search the writings, more than likely, there is something concerning caring for the earth involved as it's a common thread in most religions.
edit on 20-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Member2183

Thank you for the pictures. I metal detect and really enjoy history. I mostly dig civil war relics so that is another thing we have in common.

Thank you. I have a few relics, one being the photo in my Avatar, taken from a Tintype. That is my Great-Great Grandfather, who fought for the Army of Northern Virginia. I also have an 1861 "Soldier's Bible" printed by the Confederacy with is quite rare, and an 1858 New Army Remington Revolver that belonged to him. I cherish them all, along with my "Meatball" Japanese silk flag my Great uncle Frank brought back from Iwo Jima.

Concerning the Summerians I do believe that they had contact from beings cast down from heaven. I do not believe they created humans though for obvious reasons.

God created everything so his story is much older than Summerian writings. What I believe accounted for recorded encounters with heavenly beings is the same I think is accountable for reports today, Angels.

It is nice that you believe that, many do. When I read of "Celestial", or Heavenly" beings, to me they are Extraterrestrials. The "cast down" angles were called "The IGGY" by the Sumerians, these were overseers who commanded humans in the mines and other projects. I do not belive in "Satan" or any other ultimate author of evil, in fact, an friend from a Middle Eastern nation I will not name told me the word came from an Arabic word meaning "Adversary". The only Evil is in the hearts of human beings, I'm afraid.

In historical writing of course the Bible wasn't written in English so the word would be 'Chet'.

I have read that too. You know, it's funny, the Greeks are said to have written the first Bible translated from the Hebrew, and millions of Christians believe every word is true. But the Greeks have many other books and stories too, some even older, and these are always classified as "Myths". There are many Greek Gods, and Goddesses, some very beautiful, but people would rather believe in an unseen and unknowable invisible God. Go figure.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Don't worry about this world. You need not worry about saving it, this was never asked of any of us.

Actually, it was, if you adhere to the Bible. God created man as a steward to the earth, to have dominion over it, to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and to care for what God created. Therefore, it very much is our worry to save it and to preserve it. That's one of the underlying currents in the Bible for those who are Christian.

...if you are of some other belief, then you should search the writings, more than likely, there is something concerning caring for the earth involved as it's a common thread in most religions.

I apologize. I did not mean to say it's ok to dump trash into ocean, pour your used oil into the storm drain, throw your receipts out the window, over fish, and the like.

What I meant to say is do not worry about saving the world from destruction as it will survive until its appointed time. I did not mean to say its ok to pollute, waste resources, etc.

I was thinking of these verses and those that echo similar instructions and teachings:

Luke 12:22-25
Matthew 6:31-34

John 12:31
1 John 5:19

Revelation 21:1

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Nowhere in scripture does it say angels dont have free will, first and foremost. Theyre just more divine and smart than humans. Second, yes God did create Lucifer, knowing he would turn on him. But Lucifer still made the choice to betray God. Lucifer created evil through disobedience. And guess what? He enjoys pissing off God. He still does it to this day. God knows every move youll make, because he sees everything. Dont forget, time is a human construct, and you cant possibly understand how god percieves everything until youre with him in heaven. So everything you do is a result of your choice.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Religion and logical thinking don't mix well. I leave it up to you to figure out which one is closer to the truth. That is all you need to know ...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
Nowhere in scripture does it say angels dont have free will, first and foremost. Theyre just more divine and smart than humans. Second, yes God did create Lucifer, knowing he would turn on him. But Lucifer still made the choice to betray God. Lucifer created evil through disobedience. And guess what? He enjoys pissing off God. He still does it to this day. God knows every move youll make, because he sees everything. Dont forget, time is a human construct, and you cant possibly understand how god percieves everything until youre with him in heaven. So everything you do is a result of your choice.

I don't expect you to believe anything I'm writing, but neuroscience shows that free will does not exist. It's obviously easier to believe in fairy tales than to study some serious science. Carry on ...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Tell me god lovers, Cain according to the book had red hair he was cursed so was his offspring does that mean that red heads are condemned.
Riddle me this please if god is omnipotent then why have all the redheads got to go to hell who had nothing to do with cains doings

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Cain according to the book had red hair . . .

If you mean by "the book", the Bible, then, No.
David and Issac had red hair, so that sort of ruins your premise.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I apologize. I did not mean to say it's ok to dump trash into ocean, pour your used oil into the storm drain, throw your receipts out the window, over fish, and the like.

What I meant to say is do not worry about saving the world from destruction as it will survive until its appointed time. I did not mean to say its ok to pollute, waste resources, etc.

I was thinking of these verses and those that echo similar instructions and teachings:

Luke 12:22-25
Matthew 6:31-34

John 12:31
1 John 5:19

Revelation 21:1

okies, thanks for clarifying.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Cain according to the book had red hair . . .

If you mean by "the book", the Bible, then, No.
David and Issac had red hair, so that sort of ruins your premise.

flash forward 1500 years... they'll be quoting South Park as scripture ::facepalm::

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yes, they will, and Elvis will be the name of the God.
second line.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's because South Park makes more sense.

Incidentally, South Park is known for poking fun at things that DON'T make sense...which means, if you look deeper into the messages and psychology, South Park makes a lot of sense.

It requires critical thinking, something that is strongly discouraged in our nation...especially when it does not pertain to making money or making babies or taking drugs.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

My God will be Optimus Prime.

At least he TRIES to save the world, with mankind as his ally...instead of placing his foot firmly upon every Homo Sapiens and neglecting to divert dark forces, for mysterious reasons.

Optimus represents the dark decisions every leader must make, and yet passes with flying colors. He is clearly a moralistic leader, and views everything as having value. Condemnation has no place in his plans unless it is for the greater good. Every action, and every word, is intended to be constructive, for a better world and a better life. And he will always serve the people, rather than the people serving him. And that, to me, is the mark of a true leader.

I nominate Optimus Prime for the next God.

edit on CMondaypm545402f02America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Im a redhead and if i ever get hold of any of the producers of south park, then they are gonna end up in a box in the ground..

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's because South Park makes more sense.

Incidentally, South Park is known for poking fun at things that DON'T make sense...which means, if you look deeper into the messages and psychology, South Park makes a lot of sense.

It requires critical thinking, something that is strongly discouraged in our nation...especially when it does not pertain to making money or making babies or taking drugs.

If black person got that same treatment from southpark THEY WON'T AS BLACK PEOPLE ARE PROTECTED BUT NOT REDHEADS ARE NOT WTF WHERE IS THE CRITICAL THINKING OF THAT.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If you want an intelligent response, try slowing down and actually typing proper English.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You do realize that show makes just as much sense as real life, right?

That's the point of it. They are taking stuff that doesn't make sense, and shoving it in our faces by writing a plotline that mirrors the idiocy in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join