It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US debt clock is down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out that this site US Debt Clock is currently not working, at least not for me.

In any case, the clock is worth checking out if and when it does work. It is actually a combination of several clocks that display a wealth of information about the US’s current fiscal situation.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Just wanted to point out that this site US Debt Clock is currently not working, at least not for me.

In any case, the clock is worth checking out if and when it does work. It is actually a combination of several clocks that display a wealth of information about the US’s current fiscal situation.

Just checked. Unlike the gov't, the clock is working just fine.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Works fine for me as well.It did take a minute to load though.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's working for me now, took awhile though. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough.

$15.73 Trillion and counting.

Check out my thread about Obama wanting to end the Afghanistan war and the media not wanting you to know about it here.
edit on 19-5-2012 by IndieA because: added link to another thread of mine from today

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Went to the site and it said, "Please upgrade your video card as it cannot process so many pixels at once!" Pretty ridiculous having a debt clock as a national joke. It really doesn't matter how much we cut from spending either. We have to stop borrowing money in the first place. That really is the crux of the whole debt problem. There is no reason to be adding a national debt when we should be creating the money in the first place. Without borrowing the money and creating it ourselves without interest attached, we would still be creating debt with each dollar printed in the sense that more money in circulation creates inflation if growth remains at zero. Right? lol I'm no economics major here. So I really see no point in debating ways of fixing the system within the system, but I would love to discuss ending the bankers stranglehold on our lives and our future. Ending the Fed is more than a fad slogan, it's the solution, no? End the borrowing of money from a bank we gave our ability of printing money to. End fractional reserve lending so other banks can't create money out of thin air, either. Those are just the first two steps I believe we need to take in order to seriously fix this monetary system for the better. I think without doing eliminating those two practices we will just kick the can down the road and prosperity and freedom will literally continue down that well greased slope. (God, I hate when people write like I just wrote that last sentence! Sorry! lol)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Maybe they cut the funding for it?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillThePoor
Went to the site and it said, "Please upgrade your video card as it cannot process so many pixels at once!" Pretty ridiculous having a debt clock as a national joke. It really doesn't matter how much we cut from spending either. We have to stop borrowing money in the first place. That really is the crux of the whole debt problem. There is no reason to be adding a national debt when we should be creating the money in the first place. Without borrowing the money and creating it ourselves without interest attached, we would still be creating debt with each dollar printed in the sense that more money in circulation creates inflation if growth remains at zero. Right? lol I'm no economics major here. So I really see no point in debating ways of fixing the system within the system, but I would love to discuss ending the bankers stranglehold on our lives and our future. Ending the Fed is more than a fad slogan, it's the solution, no? End the borrowing of money from a bank we gave our ability of printing money to. End fractional reserve lending so other banks can't create money out of thin air, either. Those are just the first two steps I believe we need to take in order to seriously fix this monetary system for the better. I think without doing eliminating those two practices we will just kick the can down the road and prosperity and freedom will literally continue down that well greased slope. (God, I hate when people write like I just wrote that last sentence! Sorry! lol)

Problem is we cant shrink the money supply if we do this it would lead to a collapse on a global scale.So even though your ideas sound simple there not.What needs to occur to get out of this mess is increase the GDP. One effective way would be for us to tap into all the oil reserves.Within 4 years we could be exporting oil for profit wouldnt that be a switch.This is the problem with government stimulus programs they take money from the economy to reintroduce it in no way does this help.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hello, I was just wondering I have been looking for a bit on this site and can't find it, and I can't post a new thread, but I was just wondering is the U.S. Debt have interest tacked onto it or no?

new topics

top topics

join